Syringe comparison: BD, Easy Touch, Sure Comfort, True Plus

Interesting. My personal experience with BD was quite the opposite. I recently got a box of BD 31g 8mm after hearing many praise them. They will barely puncture my skin without a decent amount of force which becomes rather painful, and they have been leaving bruises. Just last night I tried in about 5 different spots and two different syringes before I could get one in without significant force. Maybe I got a bad batch (ordered from Total Diabetes Supply). I decided to try backfilling and this seemed to help some, so I'm wondering if the needle is dulling significantly when puncturing the vial. I have also noticed that the needle kind of pulls on my skin when removing it. I wonder if moving up to a 30g will help with the dulling when drawing for the vial.

In contrast, the same gauge and needle size from Easy Touch was painless roughly 8 out of 10 pokes, and I only experienced bruising twice out of an entire box of 100.
I bought the same type from Amazon and they are pure shit. Bent, have to use force to puncture. Terrible. I'm returning them.

Update on the BD syringes. I opened another pack from the box and these are even worse. I've accidentally jabbed myself with a safety pin that was less painful. The plunger also keeps getting stuck. I have to spin and wiggle it a little before pushing to get it to depress smoothly. They are also causing my pin site to bleed which has never happened to me before. These were purchased from a medical supply and are not Amazon knockoffs. I went ahead and put in a rush shipment for some EasyTouch because these are trash.

The combination of having to force the needles in and the plungers not moving freely makes me think that this is an issue with or a lack of lubricant. I know a few of you mentioned having the same issue. I wonder if it's just a defective lot?

For reference if anyone wants to compare, the lot number on my box is 2305211

So I have been using BRANDZIG, 31G, and 29G.
120 syringes for $19. not bad.
usually don't feel the needle, never had an issue with it.
last poke did sting but wasn't bad. Overall I'm sticking to theses
Also ordered the 3ml/25G for reconstitution.
all good on these

Attachments

• brandzig .png
    brandzig .png
    604.5 KB · Views: 19
So I have been using BRANDZIG, 31G, and 29G.
120 syringes for $19.
I haven't heard of that brand. I'm limited though, as I live in one of the states with restrictions so I can only order from medical supply places which usually have the same 5ish brands. I was curious how many states Amazon wont ship syringes to, so I looked it up and I was surprised at how long the list is!

Pulled from Amazon:

"This product has been identified as an insulin pen, needle, or similar insulin device product that that is subject to regulation in the states of California, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Guam, Illinois, Indiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia. Although permissible for listing on Amazon, such products cannot be sold into the above states based on state law and Amazon policy."

I haven't heard of that brand. I'm limited though, as I live in one of the states with restrictions so I can only order from medical supply places which usually have the same 5ish brands. I was curious how many states Amazon wont ship syringes to, so I looked it up and I was surprised at how long the list is!

Pulled from Amazon:

"This product has been identified as an insulin pen, needle, or similar insulin device product that that is subject to regulation in the states of California, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Guam, Illinois, Indiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia. Although permissible for listing on Amazon, such products cannot be sold into the above states based on state law and Amazon policy."
yea, i never heard of them either, and i work in the healthcare field, but i figured if it all checks out then it be good. so far i have been very happy with them.
but I'm amazed that you cant buy them... i guess there is some benefit living in Texas. lol

Attachments

• i-thought-this-was-america-randy-marsh.gif
    i-thought-this-was-america-randy-marsh.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
I had no idea syringes could be so different and was just using whatever my compound pharmacy would send me and they were fine, I wish I would have remembered what they were they were so nice compared to the BD. I ordered some of the EasyTouch ones so hopefully those are better for me

I have an update. Thanks to my bioboost from Hallendale coming in, I had the opportunity to try 2 more.

The Easy Touch went in SMOOTH. Has felt the best, easily my favorite feel so far. I don't think they have a 6mm needle length option though.

Tried another BD for the other half of the dose. Did have a pinch but it wasn't too bad and I didn't feel it once it was in. Injecting also felt better, not sure if it was because it was at a better spot/depth or because of the actual needle. Will keep using these regularly because of the shorter needle length.

I also ordered some from Exelint and will update here when I try those as well!

Depending on those I'll keep a box of 6mm BD Veo and 8mm Easy Touch or Exelint.

Last edited:
The Easy Touch went in SMOOTH. Has felt the best, easily my favorite feel so far. I don't think they have a 6mm needle length option though.
Looks like they do make 6mm! I just haven't seen them everywhere. Theu also make 32g but I feel like that may be too thin and bend way too easily when puncturing the vial.

I haven't ordered from this particular seller though so I can't say if they are good or not.

Easy Touch Pen Needles, 31g 1/4-Inch (6mm), 831041, Box of 100

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240926-162627.png
    Screenshot_20240926-162627.png
    369.8 KB · Views: 18
I had no idea syringes could be so different and was just using whatever my compound pharmacy would send me and they were fine, I wish I would have remembered what they were they were so nice compared to the BD. I ordered some of the EasyTouch ones so hopefully those are better for me
I just tried an EasyTouch. It was my favorite so far other than the length. Just one more brand I'm curious about but I think EasyTouch is what I'll end up recommendeding to most people.

Interesting. My personal experience with BD was quite the opposite. I recently got a box of BD 31g 8mm after hearing many praise them. They will barely puncture my skin without a decent amount of force which becomes rather painful, and they have been leaving bruises. Just last night I tried in about 5 different spots and two different syringes before I could get one in without significant force. Maybe I got a bad batch (ordered from Total Diabetes Supply). I decided to try backfilling and this seemed to help some, so I'm wondering if the needle is dulling significantly when puncturing the vial. I have also noticed that the needle kind of pulls on my skin when removing it. I wonder if moving up to a 30g will help with the dulling when drawing for the vial.

In contrast, the same gauge and needle size from Easy Touch was painless roughly 8 out of 10 pokes, and I only experienced bruising twice out of an entire box of 100.
I don't like them either. Also feels like I have to use more force. Maybe my belly is alligator tough..lol

I personally am a lover of my PepPen...needle is smaller and seems much sharper...less bruising for me.
I just ordered some. Hopefully after this won't want to buy much more. What pen needles do you use?

I bought them from him. He has 100 needle box for sale on his site. Also he says if you save your cartridges, send them to him, he will sanitize them for you. But I bought a sanitizer on amazon

Pulled from Amazon:

I have the same issue as you. I live in one of those states, but I looked it up and there is no prescription required for syringes with needles in my state. I can order from all the medical sites with no prescription, with no issues. Amazon is the only one who seems to have a problem.

I bought them from him. He has 100 needle box for sale on his site. Also he says if you save your cartridges, send them to him, he will sanitize them for you. But I bought a sanitizer on amazon
Can you reuse the cartridges?

Can you reuse the cartridges?
I personally wouldn't, but everyone's risk threshold is different. These cartridges weren't designed to be used over and over. Theres a risk of degradation, specifically with the stoppers. Proper sterilization is done with heat or chemicals. UV sterilization is a thing too, but it is meant for hard smooth surfaces and only sterilizes what the light touches. The cartridge itself can be sterilized with UV but I'm doubtful about it's efficiency with the stoppers.

When I finally get a pen, I'll be tossing carts after one use. They cost less than $1 each and are used multiple times before being emptied. I'd rather spend a few extra bucks each month than take the risk.

Trending content

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SetSetSet
Back