The Pig Butchering Invasion Has Begun

dionysos

Reaction score

They are the slaughterhouse and WE are the swine.

"Pig Butchering" is the charming name the Chinese originated in their sales and marketing companies.​

pigbutcheringgapahic.png
They think it great sport.

Scan through this Wired.com article and see if you recognize the technique used by a vendor or two registered in this forum. I know ONE forum member that certainly will. Fortunately AliBabaPay intervened and got her money back.

Regrettably Pig Butchering has now added money-laundering, forced labor, abduction and human trafficking at scale to its repertoire. The practice has gone international to increase its reach and profits.

Last edited:
It's awful to see people being trafficked just to be stuck scamming people half way across the world. I work in the tech industry and between corporate managers and the majority of my elderly family members I am constantly busy trying to stop them from sending off all their money to "their new friend" or "that guy they buy supplies from that needs the next payment in crypto". It's exhausting and no solutions, tech or education seems to make a difference.

As for how it affects us here. This is one of the main reasons that I wont buy anything until I have spent many hours exhaustively reading and researching. Safety in numbers and all that 😅

It's awful to see people being trafficked just to be stuck scamming people half way across the world. I work in the tech industry and between corporate managers and the majority of my elderly family members I am constantly busy trying to stop them from sending off all their money to "their new friend" or "that guy they buy supplies from that needs the next payment in crypto". It's exhausting and no solutions, tech or education seems to make a difference.

As for how it affects us here. This is one of the main reasons that I wont buy anything until I have spent many hours exhaustively reading and researching. Safety in numbers and all that 😅
Exactly so @SmokeySquid !
As a GROUP sharing information from our individual experiences we can make much better choices. It's the reason I began compiling my datasheets, particularly so for Chinese Vendors.

As an individual evaluator of US peptide sources I can kinda/sorta get a handle on the vendors.
For CHINESE vendors on the other hand it isn't remotely possible. Huge numbers of constantly renamed, deliberately deceptive sales organizations untethered to any recognizeable business ethics and free from law enforcement...
The task demands input from many varied sources and several forum members here.

Back