Tirzepatide and Bariatric Surgery

Up front I'll tell you, I know now that my main obesity and diabetes problem is food noise. Tirz revealed that to me when I woke up on Nov 7 2023, after having taken the first shot the night before, and my food noise was gone. I had gotten control of my life back.

I had gastric bypass in 2017. At almost 300 lbs (M, 5' 6"), my surgeon made me go on ultra low carb diet to lose as much as possible before the surgery. It was 8 months of Hell thanks to the food noise. Absolutely brutal and I know there was some clinical depression in there (maybe PTSD lol???) along the way due to it. Got down to 220 and had the surgery, which got me to about 180. Then I started slowly gaining over the years. Last year was back to 240 when I started Mounjaro after I got a new diabetes Dr and he put me on it.

On Nov 8 2023 I completely changed my eating habits for the better, and have had a fairly consistent 2lb/week loss. I'm at maintenance now, bouncing around 150-153.

There have been a few dosage modifications along the way. I'm currently on 5mg every 4 days.

Tirz gave me my life back and got me where I wanted to be with my weight. Surgery couldn't do that because surgery can't touch the food noise.

I plan to be on tirz or something like it for life.
That really is a mind blowing experience isn't it. I remember reading about this before I tried it but one can't fully appreciate it until they experience it. I didn't even know I had it until it was gone which was within 24 hours of first injection.

I had VSG in 2011 at about 330lbs. lost about 150lbs by 2013 but never got to goal weight (155lbs). I did get to 175lbs . Slowly year by year after reaching 175lbs I gained weight , like 5lbs+ a year and after 8 to 9 years I had gained about 55lbs back.

So in October 2022 I heard about GLP meds and mounjaro specifically. I've been on various GLP meds since then, off and on, Tirz, sema, reta, and also had long periods of stalls, but was able to get to 155lbs just recently.

I'm still happy I had VSG. It helped me from gaining all my weight back. Kept me at a "normal fat" weight rather than super morbidly obese weight.

I also think because I stopped binging (haven't binged since fall 2022), my stomach has shrunk back to my 2011 VSG stomach size.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrosa
Back