Trying to make sense of the label?

Rexton

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All,

The label from compound pharmacy says "Tirzepatide + BPC-157 16.6mg / 0.5mg / ML (2ml Vial). How can I tell how many mg of tirzepatide is in 10 units or 20 units on the syringe? Is it 5mg of tirzepatide for 10 units?

Thanks

I think I am making some headway trying to understand this label. The 16.6 mg is the amount of tirzepatide in one ML and the 0.5mg is the amount of BPC-157 in one ML. So 10 units would be 1.66mg of tirz and 15 units would be about 2.5mg of tirz.

I think I am making some headway trying to understand this label. The 16.6 mg is the amount of tirzepatide in one ML and the 0.5mg is the amount of BPC-157 in one ML. So 10 units would be 1.66mg of tirz and 15 units would be about 2.5mg of tirz.
This is correct. Try not to think in "units" as much as ml. With a U100 insulin syringe, 15 units is .15ml. Units are specifically a measurement of insulin, and even though a lot of syringes still only have units, it's better to get comfortable with the milliliter scale for better understanding of your dosing.

Unfortunately it seems like most compounding pharmacies limit their labels to what the FDA requires and fail to break it down into easier to understand terms like chart saying .15ml=2.5mg, .3ml=5mg, etc. and it doesn't seem like most doctors are bothering to communicate it either.

I have called the compounding pharmacy directly since the vial had their phone number and my prescription info. The pharmacist was able to verify the dosing per mL for me, which I found super helpful early on in my journey.

I have called the compounding pharmacy directly since the vial had their phone number and my prescription info. The pharmacist was able to verify the dosing per mL for me, which I found super helpful early on in my journey.
Half the battle is getting people to actually pick up the phone and make that call. Of course the other half is getting the pharmacy to be helpful lol.

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Christie1107
Back