Vendor Connection Cleanup/Consolidation?

PepOhio

Registered
Reaction score
Wondering if it would make more sense to consolidate each vendor to a single vendor specific thread in the Vendor Section. Also request they make the first entry only contain their up to date contact information for all reps on this site.

Even if they have multiple "employees" on here they would all need to post Vendor Specific information in the single thread created for their specific company. If a company leaves or goes out of business move them to the "Obsolete Vendor List" in Vendor Section

This would clean up the section and make it clearer how many vendors there are and easier to follow a specific vendor.

Of course they would still be able to post in all the User Threads when it is related to that thread conversation.

Per conversation in thread
QSC Nightmare $670 5 weeks saying they not received Payment
https://glp1forum.com/threads/qsc-n...ing-they-not-received-payment.1017/post-13211

Each vendor could have a Incident Report Thread under their single Main Thread where we would direct all of the "hey I am having this problem with this vendor" type stuff and keep it out of 20 different threads in the main section.
Then when these new "issues" get posted in the main area a mod could move it to the Incident Report Thread instead?

Limiting vendors to a single post in the sales section would make sense too. Have the main post updated for sales, and limit replies to feedback, questions and complaints to the vendor.

No one right way to do it, but the current layout is a bit messy imo

I'd almost prefer one thread where they only post promos (how it is currently done) and then a separate thread (in a different section of the forum) for everything else related to that vendor.. like questions/problems/etc..

I'd almost prefer one thread where they only post promos (how it is currently done) and then a separate thread (in a different section of the forum) for everything else related to that vendor.. like questions/problems/etc..
I also like the idea of 2 threads, 1 for promo with latest updated prices etc. in the 1st post
2nd thread to interact with users, if there are any problems etc.

lets see if someone comes up with alternative ideas, anyone with an idea please post here

But if it will be implemented depends only on admin.

Still trying to figure out the best way to manage it all. I wanted to be similar to how Meso works but have a little more flexibility for the vendors to be able to communicate promotions and such without them getting lost in a dedicated thread. Nothing is going to change for the time being so just be patient and feel free to click ignore or any specific vendors you might not be interested in following.

@ZippityDooDah
Never been on Meso so don't have any comparison.
Just incredibly thankful to you for creating this community for all of us to come and hang out at. :love:

I also really like Peppy's for all the information they have on the site and even trying out some of the new themes they have to customize viewing but...Still makes me want to scratch my eyes out sometimes when I am trying to navigate around. :ROFLMAO:

Your site just feels like CHEERS to me. I can pull up a stool and have a drink with all my new/old friends. Sometimes simplier just works without all the confusing extras. :)

As a small add on, I would love to see a standard template or minimum requirement for vendor posts.

For example:
Estimated delivery time
Lab test guarantees
Reship policy
Available payment options
Moq

Others?

Would make it easier to navigate and consider various offers/vendors.

Avoiding aggressive bumping would be nice too, it just makes the section a mess once people start competing for the top positions by bumping without any new or relevant information. It should be more than possible to get all necessary information into one post

As a small add on, I would love to see a standard template or minimum requirement for vendor posts.

For example:
Estimated delivery time
Lab test guarantees
Reship policy
Available payment options
Moq

Others?

Would make it easier to navigate and consider various offers/vendors.

Avoiding aggressive bumping would be nice too, it just makes the section a mess once people start competing for the top positions by bumping without any new or relevant information. It should be more than possible to get all necessary information into one post
Complete, up-to-date price list, so there is no need to ask for every item again and again

Trending content

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SetSetSet
Back