Western Union is easy but is it really?

SunnyDispo

New_Member
Reaction score
Has anyone really sent Western Union cash pickup with just first and last name and country? I’m ordering from Tuk-Angel and I have used Western Union with Wuhan Taijikang Tech but I could not process any payment until given the address and phone number associated with the receivers account. This doesn’t seem like too much to ask and the next purchase will go smoothly. Has anyone ever successfully processed a Western Union payment with just the name and country? Is there just one person in CN with that name?

I’ve done it. They wanted the full name and phone number of the recipient. I don’t think they ever needed an address.

There should be one person in China with that name AND the MTCN number you provide the vendor. They have to have both to get the money… someone with a different name can’t intercept and use the MTCN, and someone with the same name won’t just walk in and guess a 16 digit number.

After much confusion trying to use Western Union here is what I now know. DO NOT use the Western Union app because it will require all the receivers information to process payment. The online detail and app are not cohesive. It really was easy once I got off the app.

Back