Where to buy Hospira water?

Great I have Bac Water but I know I will be wasting a lot of it … I will use 1.5 ml a month… I guess I can put in the fridge and try and stretch it out for two months …
My understanding is that the manufacture actually advises against storing in the refrigerator. I just threw mine in the closet and put some old towels over it to ensure it doesn't see the light 🫣

Does that hold after first poke? Like if I’m comfortable going 2 or 3 months should I store bac in fridge or not after a poke?
Whether or not the stopper is punctured does not matter, it should ideally be kept at room temp in a dark and dry spot.

The reconstituted peptide should go in the fridge tho, because they are sensitive to heat.

I have been looking into this and it appears that compounding pharmacies and medication producers do not even use bacteriostatic water. Where did the information that this is a best practice come from? I’m not asking to be a smartass. I would like to know.

I have been looking into this and it appears that compounding pharmacies and medication producers do not even use bacteriostatic water. Where did the information that this is a best practice come from? I’m not asking to be a smartass. I would like to know.
Typically, reconstitution in highly sterile environments is standard practice, so using BAC (Bacteriostatic) water doesn’t add any real benefit for those situations and might even increase costs unnecessarily.

For us, however, BAC water is useful because it helps prevent the growth of pathogens, such as bacteria and viruses, in case they are introduced from the raw or during the reconstitution process. While it doesn’t kill pathogens outright, it inhibits their growth, which adds a layer of safety.

In summary: Most of us aren’t reconstituting verified raw materials in FDA-checked sterile labs, so BAC water helps mitigate some risks.

Last edited:
Typically, reconstitution in highly sterile environments is standard practice, so using BAC (Bacteriostatic) water doesn’t add any real benefit for those situations and might even increase costs unnecessarily.

For us, however, BAC water is useful because it helps prevent the growth of pathogens, such as bacteria and viruses, in case they are introduced from the raw or during the reconstitution process. While it doesn’t kill pathogens outright, it inhibits their growth, which adds a layer of safety.

In summary: Most of us aren’t reconstituting verified raw materials in FDA-checked sterile labs, so BAC water helps mitigate some risks.
You mean you guys don’t have state of the art labs to reconstitute in? Losers!

JK🤣😂

I am not sure this info is correct at all. I know some compunding pharmacies that I personally used that do use bac water basically... in either case, the use of bac water (vs "plain" sterile water) is to prevent growth of kooties ... sterile water does not really do that well enough (or at all, really)... benzyl alcohol helps w/ that

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yanaga
Back