Why does MCG per dose matter?

SlimReaper

New_Member
Reaction score
Let's say I have a vial of 60mg Tirz, and I put 4ML of bac water in the vial. If im on 15mg of tirz a week, doesn't that just mean I need 1ML of the liquid in my syringe every week? Why would I add units or mcg or complicate anything further when its not necessary? Thats what I don't get about these peptide calculators.

2nd question. 30ML bac waters are a huge waste. Why is everyone okay with buying 30ML bac waters and only using like 1-4MLs? It seems silly to buy 12 30ML vials per year and only end up using such little amounts and throwing the rest away.

You answered your own question. The mcg or mg matter because that IS the dose - yours is 15mg, which happens to be an easy math problem to solve due to the total mg in your vial, and the amount of bac water.

You happen to have an easy calculation, but - for example - I have a vial of another peptide with 78mg in it (due to underdosing) that I reconstituted with 3 mL of bac water. It's not exactly easy mental math to figure out how many units I need for a 1 mg dose, and that's where the calculator helps.

To your second question - there are various degrees of risk tolerance with bac water, as with peptides. Most of us use it for at least 30 days after opening by keeping it in the fridge, some use it for longer. Also, many of us are reconstituting several peptides and go through it faster. In my opinion there is no need to throw it away after one use.

Some peptide doses are much smaller than 1mg and in those cases using mcg makes more sense than using mg and decimals. One of the peps I'm about to test out will be dosed at 100mcg. I've seen peptide calculators that do one or the other. I believe Prime Peptides calculator goes by mg not mcg. It's just a matter of moving the decimal over. 15mg = 15000mcg.

Units are the marks on the syringe. Many prefer to inject less liquid (IMO 1mg is a lot to inject at once with an insulin syringe) so the units make it easier to be precise.

Most peptide vials also only hold 3ml of bac water, in which case your 4ml of bac will not fit unless you are moving it to a larger sterile vial, therefore your 15mg per 1ml of bac will not work. If you do the max 3ml bac for the 60mg vial, then your 15mg dose will be 75 units or .75 ml.

Typical vial size are 3ml so you may need to have 60mg in 3ml or 20mg/ml concentration.

For 15mg that’d be 0.75ml or 75 units of a 1 ml syringe.

Good luck trying to put 4ml into a 3ml vial that most peptides come in.

You dont need that much of bac water. If anything this makes it even super complicated. You can use 0.4ml for 60mg and just inject 0.1ml.

Typical vial size are 3ml so you may need to have 60mg in 3ml or 20mg/ml concentration.

For 15mg that’d be 0.75ml or 75 units of a 1 ml syringe.
Good luck trying to put 4ml into a 3ml vial that most peptides come in.

You dont need that much of bac water. If anything this makes it even super complicated. You can use 0.4ml for 60mg and just inject 0.1ml.
Yeah I had no idea the vials were so small. I was confused because people are buying 30ML of water, so I assumed people were using most of it. It turns out people are buying bac water and only using like 1% of it and throwing the rest. But now I know so thanks.

Can .4 ML of water really dissolve 60mg of tirz powder?

It turns out people are buying bac water and only using like 1% of it and throwing the rest.
I use bac water past 30 days. I just make sure I'm meticulous with sterile technique (went to school to be a CST and was trained in a clinical setting) and I also PH test it past 30 days. I've seen folks say they will use a punctured bottle for up to 90 days and then toss it.

Why would I add units or mcg or complicate anything further when its not necessary?
Your right it may not be NECESSARY. But I would argue it is really important to understand ALL the different numbers and how they relate to each other if we are going to "experiment" on our RS's.
Lots of syringes are marked in units so we should understand that 100 units=1ml. The amount of medicine we are giving ourselves in mg or mcg for each dose IS the most IMPORTANT information.

Not you...but you would be amazed by the number of newer people that believe if you simply double the amount of BAC water in the vial you double a 15mg vial of peptide to 2 doses of 15mg.

Most times you are seeing people talk about 30 ml BAC water it is probably in reference to Hospira brand. Hospira is the gold standard for BAC water and can't be bought in smaller than 30ml bottles and is really not intended for small scale "at home use". I use it for longer than 30 days myself but even if you don't you can find it at very reasonable prices and isn't cost prohibitive even if you were throwing it away that often.

Yeah I had no idea the vials were so small. I was confused because people are buying 30ML of water, so I assumed people were using most of it. It turns out people are buying bac water and only using like 1% of it and throwing the rest. But now I know so thanks.
Why would u throw it away? I mix my bac water myself and it's good to use for a whole year minimum.

Trending content

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Christie1107
Back