2 Newbie Questions

headdead

New_Member
Reaction score
What a great forum. Unlike Reddit, this place seems to welcome an open honest discussion of sources for peptides. Thanks.
As a newbie I have questions which I have not found easy answers for:
1) are bank xfers from my US Chase account a good way to pay? Can Chase pay to international payees? (yes, I could ask Chase, but someone here probably knows.)
2) Which is a better way to order: As an example, I could order 10 vials of 20mg Tirzepatide for about $250. That equals 200mg total or 1/5 gram, and would last me about 20 weeks if I take 10mg/week.
Alternatively, I can get 1.0 gram of Tirz for about $420 delivered to the US, which would last me 100 weeks at 10mg/week. It seems like a no brainer to buy the Tirz
by the gram rather than milligram. What am I missing? Will vendors break the gram down into smaller units? Is it difficult to deal with 1g of Triz powder? Hard to dilute it with bacto water? Any hints?
I apologize in advance if these are stupid questions.
Thanks.

Hi and welcome!

1. Most any bank can send ACH and wire transfers (some credit unions are more limited/complicated) and I can't speak for Chase specifically but it should be pretty straightforward. Fortunately many of the Chinese have US-based bank accounts so you're able to pay via ACH which usually carries little or no fee but can take up to a day to process where wires are usually instant-ish.

2. Buying by the gram means buying raws which is not something 99.9% of the population should be doing. First, raws can't be considered sterile which means performing careful filtering to sterilize, second for the kind of small microgram and milligram doses GLP-1's use you would need an appropriate analytical balance which will run anywhere from $1500-$2000 for an entry-level model (plus a bunch of other equipment and supplies), third because raws are extremely hygroscopic the slightest bit of ambient moisture can contaminate the powder, fourth "finished" i.e. individual lyophilized vials contain filler/excipients, buffers, etc. to ensure proper pH, stability, reconstitution, etc. that aren't present in raws, so the chance of poor solubility, degradation, ISR's (injection site reactions), etc. are mostly eliminated.

Bottom line, just buy finished lyophilized vials from reputable vendors/suppliers and don't mess around with raws; it will cost you more in the end and is almost never worth it.

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Christie1107
Back