AmoPure Testing Poll - AmoPure Testing Group

Which Option for PepTide-Test Testing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cndmk

New_Member
Reaction score
So I'm going to give the 2 possibilities of these cost groups, then I'm going to run 2 different polls about what we want to do over the next day in terms of:
- Choice about which people want to do (There will be a "I don't want either" option, you can hate both choices, and we can talk to PepTide-Test again.)
- Choice about if people want sterility on both groups or 1 group (both groups will share cost regardless to make it simpler, and because vial counts are almost the same).

Talking with PepTide-Test, I wanted an option for many people to get their vials tested for a reduced price, this comes with some caveats as their policy is that they only put 3 tests per COA.

Option 1:
- 3 vials of test per each group (randomly chosen by Pep-Tide Test), with the rest of the vials going to sterility (sterility is tested on both groups).

Option 2:
- This is a unique possibility I asked if they could do, is make recombinant vials (3 vials of product per "recombinant", to get an aggregate test of each set of vials). This would allow us to get 9 vials/test COA essentially. We can tailor the recombinants however we want, but there is an inherent risk in this design:
- If everything tests well (I think there is a fairly high probability of this), then there is no issue.
- If a recombinant tests poorly, then traceability of the 3 vials in the recombinant will be unknown, so one would have to assume that all 3 vials in the recombinant source are "low" or non-pure.
- The benefit of this is more product will be tested for purity + dosage, but I have explained the negatives.
- The vials and people associated with them will be on the COA.
- Rest of vials would be for sterility (there wouldn't be many in this design, which i personally would be fine with, but I understand if others want more to sterility).

Both of these tests come out to approximately $77 per PARTICIPANT (regardless of vials) I'm hoping to get it reduced a little more, but there was a small $5 per person charge because PepTide-Test is going to do all the organization/collection of vials.

Hoping to have results of the polls in 48 hours (this may delay the shipping deadline).

I will review everyone's votes to make sure they are within the testing group after 2 days.

So I'm going to give the 2 possibilities of these cost groups, then I'm going to run 2 different polls about what we want to do over the next day in terms of:
- Choice about which people want to do (There will be a "I don't want either" option, you can hate both choices, and we can talk to PepTide-Test again.)
- Choice about if people want sterility on both groups or 1 group (both groups will share cost regardless to make it simpler, and because vial counts are almost the same).

Talking with PepTide-Test, I wanted an option for many people to get their vials tested for a reduced price, this comes with some caveats as their policy is that they only put 3 tests per COA.

Option 1:
- 3 vials of test per each group (randomly chosen by Pep-Tide Test), with the rest of the vials going to sterility (sterility is tested on both groups).

Option 2:
- This is a unique possibility I asked if they could do, is make recombinant vials (3 vials of product per "recombinant", to get an aggregate test of each set of vials). This would allow us to get 9 vials/test COA essentially. We can tailor the recombinants however we want, but there is an inherent risk in this design:
- If everything tests well (I think there is a fairly high probability of this), then there is no issue.
- If a recombinant tests poorly, then traceability of the 3 vials in the recombinant will be unknown, so one would have to assume that all 3 vials in the recombinant source are "low" or non-pure.
- The benefit of this is more product will be tested for purity + dosage, but I have explained the negatives.
- The vials and people associated with them will be on the COA.
- Rest of vials would be for sterility (there wouldn't be many in this design, which i personally would be fine with, but I understand if others want more to sterility).

Both of these tests come out to approximately $77 per PARTICIPANT (regardless of vials) I'm hoping to get it reduced a little more, but there was a small $5 per person charge because PepTide-Test is going to do all the organization/collection of vials.

Hoping to have results of the polls in 48 hours (this may delay the shipping deadline).

I will review everyone's votes to make sure they are within the testing group after 2 days.
I think those voting for option 3 should provide examples of other options.

Im going to vote option 3, but I mainly would be curious to see the groups opinion on final price vs number of vials for Option 1. IE I personally would be willing to pay a little more if it meant we had 6 vials done, assuming it's not double (which since the 77 already includes sterility and the 5 dollar charge , i figured it wouldn't be)

I don't really like the idea of option 2. I think it leaves too many unknowns. You could potentially have some vials in the mid 98 range, and the whole thing shows up as being over 99% because the other 2 were high 99%.

edit: also, I appreciate the work you're putting into heading this up, I swear im not purposely trying to make it more of a headache for you.

Last edited:
I think those voting for option 3 should provide examples of other options.
I voted for #3 and sent my reasoning and polite suggestion for another possible option to @Cndmk via DM.

I deeply appreciate all the work @Cndmk is putting in to this, don't want to make this any more work for them, and will be happy to arrange my testing individually if my goals and priorities are different than the group's.

No one should feel bad about putting any option up there. My initial goal was to get my vials tested independently, but the idea of spending $600 to get 4 vials tested kind of upset my wallet (understandably).

That's why this whole thing started, and the same reason I'm finally asking Janoshik too, if they can do independent vials for a competitive price, maybe the shipping+customs is worth it?

At this point I'm just trying to get the best combined answer.

I di
I voted for #3 and sent my reasoning and polite suggestion for another possible option to @Cndmk via DM.

I deeply appreciate all the work @Cndmk is putting in to this, don't want to make this any more work for them, and will be happy to arrange my testing individually if my goals and priorities are different than the group's.
I didn’t mean it as a criticism. I am just genuinely curious as I am still new to all this.

Last edited:
Yes
Im going to vote option 3, but I mainly would be curious to see the groups opinion on final price vs number of vials for Option 1. IE I personally would be willing to pay a little more if it meant we had 6 vials done, assuming it's not double (which since the 77 already includes sterility and the 5 dollar charge , i figured it wouldn't be)

I don't really like the idea of option 2. I think it leaves too many unknowns. You could potentially have some vials in the mid 98 range, and the whole thing shows up as being over 99% because the other 2 were high 99%.

edit: also, I appreciate the work you're putting into heading this up, I swear im not purposely trying to make it more of a headache for you.
yes, I was hoping for more vials being tested on option one especially since some may be coming from different locales and/or batches. It seems to me that testing a higher quantity of individual vials would also show whether they are consistent or not.

Same. I chose #3 but I would’ve gone with #1 if we had a majority of the vials tested. I don’t mind paying more.

And @Cndmk post your Venmo so I can donate to your beer fund. Thank you for doing this.

No one should feel bad about putting any option up there...
Thanks @Cndmk. If you don't mind, I'll post the suggestion I DMed you here:

It sounds like peptidetest.com charges $300 for the first vial and $100 for each additional vial up to 3 vials maximum. That means a batch of 3 vials on one COA will cost $500 ($300+$100+$100).

$500 divided by three vials is about $167 per person (assuming each person submits one vial).

That's a lot more than the $77 that option #1 and option #2 cost. But it's also a lot less than the $300 it costs to get an individual vial tested, and each person would get their own purity results for their own vial.

$167 to get my own individual results feels like a good deal and a happy compromise to me.

Note that my suggestion above doesn't include sterility testing.

For sterility testing, could we combine all the L60 together from all the vials / all the COAs for one big sterility test? That would add about $25 if the $250 sterility test cost is shared by 10 people.

If we can, the total cost for individual purity results and shared sterility results would still be under $200 per person, which sounds great to me.

It sounds like peptidetest.com charges $300 for the first vial and $100 for each additional vial up to 3 vials maximum. That means a batch of 3 vials on one COA will cost $500 ($300+$100+$100).

$500 divided by three vials is about $167 per person (assuming each person submits one vial).

That's a lot more than the $77 that option #1 and option #2 cost. But it's also a lot less than the $300 it costs to get an individual vial tested, and each person would get their own purity results for their own vial.

$167 to get my own individual results feels like a good deal and a happy compromise to me.
I upvote this idea.😀

I am okay with this price . $167 vs 300 . And peace of mind.

I reached out to Janoshik, and I reached out to MZ Biolabs (another name I have heard about that seems to have some expertise in this space).

I also asked Pep-Test why they can't do more than 3 tests per COA in the discord (I will cross post when I get a response.

If the people want more options, LET THERE BE MORE OPTIONS!

I am okay with this price . $167 vs 300 . And peace of mind.
For the record, I made a little spreadsheet, and I calculated the cost using their traditional costing model per vial. I thought this price was very reasonable (this was also with $10 service charge per person for them handling everything).

Maybe we can reinforce the question that people really want that individualized testing metrics, and then they might reconsider or come up with a solution.

1724452883069.png

For the record, I made a little spreadsheet, and I calculated the cost using their traditional costing model per vial. I thought this price was very reasonable (this was also with $10 service charge per person for them handling everything).
Thanks so much for doing the math. Saving a few bucks is always nice, but given what the samples cost (and what we're saving vs compounded or name brand) I am happy to pay a little more to have individual data and more data points to share publicly.

If you do decide to discuss with peptidetest.com further I'm looking forward to hearing what you're able to come up with.

I reached out to Janoshik, and I reached out to MZ Biolabs (another name I have heard about that seems to have some expertise in this space).

I also asked Pep-Test why they can't do more than 3 tests per COA in the discord (I will cross post when I get a response.

If the people want more options, LET THERE BE MORE OPTIONS!
What about Vanguard in Olympia, WA testing? Now correct me if I am wrong . I am also new to this. Heard they are a good possibility also?

@Cndmk correct me if im misunderstanding.

So, after chatting a little in discord with the Peptide Test rep, it would seem that option 1 is not quite what we thought. Both options are essentially just for testing the batch. The vials wouldn't get their own COA's. In order for individual vials to get COA's we'd have to pay the full price, though i think we can get a 14% discount with a group this large, but the way that worked seems like it might be complicated for a group buy. It's based on the amount of money submitted to a single purchasing account if I understood correctly.

@Cndmk correct me if im misunderstanding.

So, after chatting a little in discord with the Peptide Test rep, it would seem that option 1 is not quite what we thought. Both options are essentially just for testing the batch. The vials wouldn't get their own COA's. In order for individual vials to get COA's we'd have to pay the full price, though i think we can get a 14% discount with a group this large, but the way that worked seems like it might be complicated for a group buy. It's based on the amount of money submitted to a single purchasing account if I understood correctly.
The problem with that discount is that it exists on the concept of an account balance.

There are 2 rules that I try to follow with strangers because no offense, people are nuts:
- Don't handle other people's money
- Don't handle other people's property

I'm unsure if PepTide Test would be willing to let many people fund an account independently, but I personally am not interested in doing a collection and funding an account that way if they don't allow multiple funding sources. I also believe that me coming into contact with any of your product puts another touch point on your vials, and more touch points = more chances to tamper with.

If we were in the same neighborhood, and we met weekly or monthly or something, that would be a different story.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ItzJay
Back