Anyone else struggling?

jennster

Registered
Reaction score
One is supposed to eat enough protein, but also fiber to keep things moving. The water intake needs to be greatly increased all while not wanting to eat really much at all 😂😂 all over it boss.

I'm there with you. Remember to eat and drink, but focus on protein and electrolytes. Try to stay regular, but fiber is nasty as hell.

Then I remember how much fun this used to be while battling the food noise, and I take sigh of relief.

You've got this! I'm here rooting for you every step of the way, and wishing you only success!

I'm there with you. Remember to eat and drink, but focus on protein and electrolytes. Try to stay regular, but fiber is nasty as hell.

Then I remember how much fun this used to be while battling the food noise, and I take sigh of relief.

You've got this! I'm here rooting for you every step of the way, and wishing you only success!
What a kind and unexpected response! Thank you so much and really just thought it was funny and a bit ironic.

Side note: spot on the electrolytes. Battling fatigue until I added these in. It seemed to help a lot. Is there anywhere that I can read about why they are so important in people that are on these drugs? I remember the same thing when I did keto everybody told you to do electrolytes.

Side note: spot on the electrolytes. Battling fatigue until I added these in. It seemed to help a lot. Is there anywhere that I can read about why they are so important in people that are on these drugs? I remember the same thing when I did keto everybody told you to do electrolytes.
It's because you're eating less salty, shitty foods now! Couple that with increased water consumption and you'll lose more than you take in if you're not careful. I had the same issues when I did calorie restriction without these drugs. I eat a small lunch at Burger King almost every day so I've been fine so far 😅

I haven't had any constipation, but I've been taking some metamucil with a glass of water every few days which definitely helps.

It can be a struggle if you arent tracking calories/macros. When I started doing that it helped me a lot. By that I mean that I got a feel for almost exactly what dose of tirzepatide I need weekly to get the hunger suppression that lets me eat the right amount of calories and tolerate protein well enough without many side effects. It's very methodical.

Basically I came to realize that if I am struggling to eat enough food to be healthy, I'm probably doing it wrong. I'm not saying that's your situation but thought I would relay my own struggle!

I forced a new routine just to help alleviate those exact issues 😅 So the day starts with a little protein shake. Very small but gives me something to digest in the morning as I am not a morning person. I got the Costco jumbo fiber powder that I keep on the counter so as to remind me to drink it before every meal. I also have the little fiber pills that I keep in the glove box of my work vehicle just in case I am out and about and need to eat something.

The water one was the easiest. I got kidney stones about 10 years ago and swore never again. I try and drink at LEAST one gallon of water a day. If you are finding getting enough water difficult you can always try those little drink packets. I sometimes use the sugar free ones and dilute them in my half gallon water bottle for a little added flavor.

All of the changing food routine is fun. Kinda feels like I'm running a one man science experiment :ROFLMAO:

I was doing pretty good at things till the weather got cold. Now my winter hibernation bear is rearing its ugly head and I want to eat every starchy comfort food in the grocery store. I was doing 7mg tirz every 5 days but I went ahead and dosed a day early to get things under control. Now trying to decide to go up in dosage or try it again and see if it was a hormonal fluke.

I got the Costco jumbo fiber powder that I keep on the counter so as to remind me to drink it before every meal.
Which fiber powder do you use? I simply cannot do fiber powder on Tirz... at least not psyllium husk. The plain kind gives me the sulfur burps like crazy and Metamucil started giving me the worst heartburn of my life. I just make sure to get enough fiber in my diet whenever possible now. Whole grains, nuts & seeds, legumes. Chia pudding probably helps me the most and I make it with some sugar free pudding mixes and it's super yummy.

I forced a new routine just to help alleviate those exact issues 😅 So the day starts with a little protein shake. Very small but gives me something to digest in the morning as I am not a morning person. I got the Costco jumbo fiber powder that I keep on the counter so as to remind me to drink it before every meal. I also have the little fiber pills that I keep in the glove box of my work vehicle just in case I am out and about and need to eat something.

The water one was the easiest. I got kidney stones about 10 years ago and swore never again. I try and drink at LEAST one gallon of water a day. If you are finding getting enough water difficult you can always try those little drink packets. I sometimes use the sugar free ones and dilute them in my half gallon water bottle for a little added flavor.

All of the changing food routine is fun. Kinda feels like I'm running a one man science experiment :ROFLMAO:
I do at least one Unsweetened Huel (8g fiber 40 protein) with Greens (mostly for micro-nutrients or electrolytes) and try hard to do a second. On my current dose I am not hungry at all, just some minor cravings. I shoot for two Huels a day with a high protein dinner, normally some kind of shitty boring chicken with a carb and veg.

One is supposed to eat enough protein, but also fiber to keep things moving. The water intake needs to be greatly increased all while not wanting to eat really much at all 😂😂 all over it boss.
Yes, it can be a struggle. If you aren't already, use an app on your phone to track what you eat and how much water you are drinking. It was a small learning curve to integrate it into my daily routine. Now that I do it for every meal it's an eye opener as to how many calories I eat now vs what I did before researching Tirz.

I have 1 1/2 servings isopure with a scoop of benefiber every morning (the one that's clear, it's like a slightly tart lemonade with 30g protein and benefiber doesn't thicken) and a Gatorade packet with a scoop of benefiber with lunch. Have not yet kicked the caffeine addiction so there's usually lots of coffee or an energy drink thrown in there too.

Finding electrolyte and protein drinks I actually like was the hardest part. I've used benefiber for years, when I did keto I added it to everything.

Back