At what age did y'all start gaining weight?

OconeeDawg

New_Member
Reaction score
Just curious, how did you all end up gaining weight over time? For me, it’s been quite a journey. I was that skinny kid who always wanted to play sports. I remember struggling to put on muscle and gain any weight at all. In high school, I even drank a gallon of milk a day! My freshman year, I was 6'0" and 145 lbs, and by my senior year, I was up to 195 lbs. After college, I started to gain a little more weight, especially after we had kids and I cut out going to the gym every day. Plus, sitting at a computer almost all day didn’t help. The weight just kind of crept up on me.

But during the COVID lockdown, everything really changed, and I started gaining weight more rapidly. Now, I’m facing the opposite challenge—trying to shed the extra pounds. Funny how life changes, right? Anyone else have a similar story?

Just curious, how did you all end up gaining weight over time? For me, it’s been quite a journey. I was that skinny kid who always wanted to play sports. I remember struggling to put on muscle and gain any weight at all. In high school, I even drank a gallon of milk a day! My freshman year, I was 6'0" and 145 lbs, and by my senior year, I was up to 195 lbs. After college, I started to gain a little more weight, especially after we had kids and I cut out going to the gym every day. Plus, sitting at a computer almost all day didn’t help. The weight just kind of crept up on me.

But during the COVID lockdown, everything really changed, and I started gaining weight more rapidly. Now, I’m facing the opposite challenge—trying to shed the extra pounds. Funny how life changes, right? Anyone else have a similar story?
Elementary school…I remember in 3rd grade we had to weigh and the teacher had a chart. I remember being 72 pounds and my classmates mostly were 40s and 50s. What was the purpose of that?! She was kinda a snooty teacher, so maybe there was an ulterior motive.🤔

I guess we all started gaining when born! ;)
but seriously now, until I was in my late 30ties I was actually unable to gain any significant weight, in my case age and lifestyle were significant factors.

I was 10lb 4oz at birth, lol. I did get down to normal weight in junior high by going on a crash 5-600 calorie only a day diet which drove my Mom crazy and did even more wonderful things to my metabolism I'm sure. A teacher made fun of me in front of the whole class about my weight so I stupidly chose that way to take it off.

Last edited:
I guess we all started gaining when born! ;)
but seriously now, until I was in my late 30ties I was actually unable to gain any significant weight, in my case age and lifestyle were significant factors.
Same!

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Christie1107
Back