Breastfeeding

SLZRdad

New_Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, my wife is curious about trying Tirz, but we agreed to wait after she finishes breastfeeding. Do any of you have experience with this while breastfeeding or shortly after giving birth?

I remember reading it's not recommended and not been tested (probably unethical to do so). It could pass through the milk and make the baby not want to eat as much.

Edit to add: you also need around 500+ calories to produce milk everyday and need to stay hydrated. It could be hard to drink enough water and eat enough to make milk.

Ok it's a tricky subject, obviously I think everywhere you look people will say no, don't do it.
I did some reading around it and come to these conclusions, I suggest you look at similar things and make your own choices.

The molecule is deemed too large to pass into breast milk
If it did somehow pass it would be destroyed in the stomach, that's why it needs to be injected
Risk is a lot less once baby is older and eating solid foods (milk is not main source of calories)

Also I would imagine it would be hard to build a good milk supply while in a big calorie deficit. And how could you know how much baby is taking if just by the breast? Would you be able to distinguish if baby is fussy because milk supply has drastically gone down? Or because tirz is affecting them?

I don't know if I'm explaining myself very well, but I hope I've given you some factors to consider. Personally I would wait 8 or so month before any experimenting if only for the reason that I think you'll need the energy and nutrition of steady calories at that point post partum. Will probably lose weight naturally too from breast feeding

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yanaga
Back