Cagri kicked my ass

I was on 2.4mg sema for a year and it seemed like my body got used to it. Then switched to Tirz and up to 15mg now, but more hungry on Tirz! (Don't know if we have to talk in "code" here like in the reddit forums, but just to be safe): My prison squirrel just started on a small dose of .125mg cag just today. He is anxious to see how long until anything is actually felt, but will also continue with the 15mg Tirz. The 5mg vial cag was reconstituted with 2mL BAC, and with an assumed shelf life of 2 months at 36F refrigeration, will assume much will go to waste since starting dosing is small. So the squirrel shall receive a new vial of cag, and less will go to waste if dosage increase is tolerated by the subject.
I have been on Ozempic for over two years... actually 3 in December I think. My insurance covers it so I pay $15/mo... so far. I lost 30 lbs over 1.5 years and have had a huge stall. I really would like to lose 10 more... but I have not gained back. I was up to 1.4mg 2x a week. I had to go on thyroid meds in August and I gained about 5 lbs. The food noise was back... especially at night. I participated on the tirz buyout and I am now doing 1.5mg Oz on Sunday and 5mg of tirz on Weds. I have dropped about 3-4 lbs since. The noise is gone. It has also helped that I have a cold and am forcing myself to eat... Fortunately, or unfortunately, I never had symptoms people complain about on GLP-1s. I was never nauseous on any dosage.. starting or otherwise.. no constipation issues. I wonder sometimes if that is why people lose so much weight. I don't have the answers... just my experience.

I have been on Ozempic for over two years... actually 3 in December I think. My insurance covers it so I pay $15/mo... so far. I lost 30 lbs over 1.5 years and have had a huge stall. I really would like to lose 10 more... but I have not gained back. I was up to 1.4mg 2x a week. I had to go on thyroid meds in August and I gained about 5 lbs. The food noise was back... especially at night. I participated on the tirz buyout and I am now doing 1.5mg Oz on Sunday and 5mg of tirz on Weds. I have dropped about 3-4 lbs since. The noise is gone. It has also helped that I have a cold and am forcing myself to eat... Fortunately, or unfortunately, I never had symptoms people complain about on GLP-1s. I was never nauseous on any dosage.. starting or otherwise.. no constipation issues. I wonder sometimes if that is why people lose so much weight. I don't have the answers... just my experience.
That's good to know, I enjoy reading about other people's journeys with this stuff. I didn't feel a dang thing after the .125mg cag was admistered yesterday to my rat, so he requested another .125 to bring him up to .3mg which is closer to the actual starting dose in some studies. The rat will hold off on anymore cag until next week minimum! Will evaluate at that time whether to keep at same dose, or if he requests upping it to .5mg

I don't think you need to wear your tin foil hat here. Although some people are still worried about the bogeyman.

I did research if these peptides could be used on my cat. Because she's fat. She eats until she pukes. Pretends to bury it. Then goes downstairs and eats some more. Like some form of kitty foie gras.

But I found out human peptides will injure them. They need special kitty peptides.

Ever heard of not free feeding your cat? Simple solution.

Ever heard of not free feeding your cat? Simple solution.
Ha! You have never had a fat cat then! They will cry and cry like you are abusing them, they are dramatic little things. And at the end of the day, they have naps, food, and you. You pick your battles. Ironically my fattest cat lived the longest out of any I have had…🙄

Ha! You have never had a fat cat then! They will cry and cry like you are abusing them, they are dramatic little things. And at the end of the day, they have naps, food, and you. You pick your battles. Ironically my fattest cat lived the longest out of any I have had…🙄

He should just ask us all if instead of GLP-1s... have we tried diet and exercise?

@leokitcat is a big brain cat whisperer.

He should just ask us all if instead of GLP-1s... have we tried diet and exercise?

@leokitcat is a big brain cat whisperer.
I loved my chonk so much and he was a chonk!! The sweetest big baby ever. But oh man did he lovvvvee food, and me, and man he was so smart! He figured out all kinds of ways to get food, when there is a will!! Haha

I loved my chonk so much and he was a chonk!! The sweetest big baby ever. But oh man did he lovvvvee food, and me, and man he was so smart! He figured out all kinds of ways to get food, when there is a will!! Haha

Yeah, I love my chonk too. She's pretty darn intelligent for a cat, I must add. Only cat I've known that can tell when the foodbowl is just "low". If she thinks the quantity of food in the bowl is low, she asks me for food.

She just doesn't ever get full. She eats until it fills her esophagus is full. Then pukes up an esophagus-shaped puke. Moves to a new location and empties the rest of her tummy. All in all, It's like a 3-4 carpet stain event.

If she could take GLP1s, my hope is that she'd feel full for once. LOL.

Not feed your cat... pfft. Has that guy ever owned a cat? They're not like dogs where you can feed them on a schedule.

I’ve had plenty of cats skinny and fat and never free fed any one of them. Maybe my experience is different.

Yeah, I love my chonk too. She's pretty darn intelligent for a cat, I must add. Only cat I've known that can tell when the foodbowl is just "low". If she thinks the quantity of food in the bowl is low, she asks me for food.

She just doesn't ever get full. She eats until it fills her esophagus is full. Then pukes up an esophagus-shaped puke. Moves to a new location and empties the rest of her tummy. All in all, It's like a 3-4 carpet stain event.

If she could take GLP1s, my hope is that she'd feel full for once. LOL.

Not feed your cat... pfft. Has that guy ever owned a cat? They're not like dogs where you can feed them on a schedule.
Yeah I get it…I have found that some cats panic eat and then puke…i think it is an anxiety thing…not sure… I have a cat that has GI lymphoma right now and when he gets too hungry, which is often cause food goes right through him, he will panic eat and then throw up…the biggest problem is the hard food, I think. Just not good for them, but it is really hard not to give it to them, they are proven grazing animals.
And to be fair, I don’t think any of this is understandable until you have a fat cat, they are a different breed and funny little things. I would give my chonk different things to try to get him to “work out”, one being one of those treat balls, he only needed one hour with that thing and he had crushed it & broken it and eaten all the treats 😂

Then why were some of them fat?
I wouldn’t say fat that’s the wrong word just on the bigger side. It’s genetics. But my bigger cats would be f-ing huge if I let them free feed some cats are very food driven but you can change that it takes a lot of work and patience.

It’s funny how I’m getting attacked for just repeating what ANY veterinarian would tell you. Don’t free feed pets. It dramatically increases the risks of a host of diseases. Sorry I’m just repeating that.

I’ve had plenty of cats skinny and fat and never free fed any one of them. Maybe my experience is different.
I get it, I would totally not free feed if I could.
We are in this cycle of having one older cat that needs as much food as possible and then we get a younger one and then they get used to having some hard food, and the cycle continues…ahh!
but with the free feeding, I have only had one truly fat cat and man he was so different than all the others have ever been! But they are all different and magical little creatures 😊

I wouldn’t say fat that’s the wrong word just on the bigger side. It’s genetics. But my bigger cats would be f-ing huge if I let them free feed some cats are very food driven but you can change that it takes a lot of work and patience.

It’s funny how I’m getting attacked for just repeating what ANY veterinarian would tell you. Don’t free feed pets. It dramatically increases the risks of a host of diseases. Sorry I’m just repeating that.
I am not meaning to attack you! I apologize! I was just joking around.

Yeah I get it…I have found that some cats panic eat and then puke…i think it is an anxiety thing…not sure… I have a cat that has GI lymphoma right now and when he gets too hungry, which is often cause food goes right through him, he will panic eat and then throw up…the biggest problem is the hard food, I think. Just not good for them, but it is really hard not to give it to them, they are proven grazing animals.
And to be fair, I don’t think any of this is understandable until you have a fat cat, they are a different breed and funny little things. I would give my chonk different things to try to get him to “work out”, one being one of those treat balls, he only needed one hour with that thing and he had crushed it & broken it and eaten all the treats 😂
Cats are not evolved to be grazing animals. They are “trickle” eaters but that is different. If you free feed they become grazers

Not feed your cat... pfft. Has that guy ever owned a cat? They're not like dogs where you can
Of course I’ve owned many cats jeeez look at my username. I can’t believe you don’t think there are tons of owners that live very happily not free feeding. My cats eat only twice a day with a treat in the middle of im home. Cats like consistency and get used to it. All serious vets say never free feed.

Of course I’ve owned many cats jeeez look at my username. I can’t believe you don’t think there are tons of owners that live very happily not free feeding. My cats eat only twice a day with a treat in the middle of im home. Cats like consistency and get used to it. All serious vets say never free feed.
Okay, okay guys, we all love our cats!!! 😊

That's good to know, I enjoy reading about other people's journeys with this stuff. I didn't feel a dang thing after the .125mg cag was admistered yesterday to my rat, so he requested another .125 to bring him up to .3mg which is closer to the actual starting dose in some studies. The rat will hold off on anymore cag until next week minimum! Will evaluate at that time whether to keep at same dose, or if he requests upping it to .5mg
Please let us know how it works out/is going. That will be my next step to add if I can't get to where I need with this stack. Thanks for the info.

Back