Clear Protein

I drink seeq with the watermelon and strawberry lemonade flavors. I usually have one seeq and one fairlife shake every day. that gets me to base of 67g every day. I eat 80-100g for the rest.
Bought some per your post, so far I love both flavors. The smell is off putting but they taste great!

Not clear, but not a shake. The strawberry/watermelon is the only flavor I like.

Saw these at Aldi so I grabbed one to try! It was a different flavor (black cherry). I didn't think to look at the ingredients and it has stevia 😭 That's like the one sweetener I can't stomach lol. Does the watermelon one taste less like stevia?

Saw these at Aldi so I grabbed one to try! It was a different flavor (black cherry). I didn't think to look at the ingredients and it has stevia 😭 That's like the one sweetener I can't stomach lol. Does the watermelon one taste less like stevia?
It is sweetened with Erythritol.

It is sweetened with Erythritol.
It's got both for some reason. Bummer.

1000009485.png

I apologize for not looking at it as diligently as I could have. If it matters, I do not taste the Stevia. I drink the Zevia soda and I am familiar with its weird bitterness.
Don't feel bad. I had it right in my hand in the store and I didn't look hard enough LOL. It's not like I'm allergic or anything, I just *really* despise stevia 😂

I tried Wicked because they were the only one with a sampler pack available. Tasted good until the aftertaste. The main sweetener is Sucralose but I didn't notice one of the last ingredients was stevia 😭 I just can't. The aftertaste of stevia lingers in my mouth for like 15 minutes, no matter how little.

Looking a little deeper, Seeq also uses stevia so I'll be skipping them.

So next is to try is Oath and MyProtein. Oath didn't have samples but MyProtein does so I'll likely try that next. Does anyone know if supplement stores carries single serve packs? I know GNC used to have single serve for protein shakes back in the day, but I haven't been in one of those for years.

I haven't found any "clear" style protein that I can enjoy. Have tried a few... isopure infusions is the only one I remember but I tried enough to give up on it and go back to the milkshake style

I haven't found any "clear" style protein that I can enjoy. Have tried a few... isopure infusions is the only one I remember but I tried enough to give up on it and go back to the milkshake style
Yeah I have a feeling im not gonna like them either. I was hoping to find something that just tasted like juice or Gatorade or something. The 2 I've tried I didn't care for and I didn't see sample options for the other's and I'm not willing to drop $40-50 on something that I may end up hating. I guess I'll just stick to adding collagen in my coffee and tea. I get most of my aminos through other avenues so I'm not worried about it being an "incomplete" protein.

1st Phorm has a protein shake that's more clear/juice like. PHORMULA 1 flavors like the cherry lime or fruit punch. They're very slightly milky. But not thick like the chocolate or vanilla. I like them ridiculously cold with tons of crushed ice. Or ill blend it with frozen fruit.

Have you tried unflavored protein?
The ones I've tried in the past were kinda.. milky? chalky? Fine when flavoring your own shakes or smoothies. I'm looking for something with more of a sports drink taste/feel.

The ones I've tried in the past were kinda.. milky? chalky? Fine when flavoring your own shakes or smoothies. I'm looking for something with more of a sports drink taste/feel.
You're probably not really gonna find that since sports drinks are just different. They're carbs and salt. Protein is basically the opposite.

You're probably not really gonna find that since sports drinks are just different. They're carbs and salt. Protein is basically the opposite.
I mean. I have found some. There are plenty on the market. They just taste like shit because 90% of them have stevia😂 Besides, I'm not looking for it to have electrolytes, I just used a sports drink as an example of flavor and texture.

I mean. I have found some. There are plenty on the market. They just taste like shit because 90% of them have stevia😂 Besides, I'm not looking for it to have electrolytes, I just used a sports drink as an example of flavor and texture.
BCAA + EAA tastes more like sports drinks, and kinda works like a substitute to protein powder depending on the scenario

MyProtein Clear is your answer. Good for people who are lactose intolerant as well.

@moonpies4misfits The Vitamin Shoppe has a big range of sports drink and athletic powders, and they told me I can return any pack I didn’t like. I didn’t check for clear protein but wasn’t looking for it either.

Trending content

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yanaga
Back