Dosage help?

sethm09

New_Member
Reaction score
So I'm still kind of new to glp. I take tirzepatide. I was on 2mg once a week and that worked the first couple of weeks then nothing. So I went up to 5mg a week total. But I split it into two injections a week. 2.5mg each injection. I'm not getting the hunger suppression I'm looking for. Been on 5mg a week for about a month now. Should I up the dose or switch to 5mg once a week.

I only do injections twice a week cuz it says the half life of tirzepatide is 5 days. I've done some research and looked up experiences with others. Ppl say their hunger comes back on day 6 or 7 on thier once a week injections. So I figured I would try injecting twice a week. I know it's not reccomended. I'm experimenting here. And I do notice that my hunger never does completely come back since starting this.

If you’ve been on 5mg for a month already, technically it’s time to raise your dose to 7.5mg (if you feel like you need to). You could go to 3.75mg twice a week, and still get that that hunger suppression all week long. Personally, I dose 5mg every 5 days and it works for me. I also do a little cagri (0.5mg) a couple days later which I find keeps the food noise completely away pretty much all the time. I literally crave nothing anymore, and can finally stick to a calorie deficit without binging from feeling so deprived.

I don't know who says you're not supposed to split but many, many people do, including myself (5 mg split into (2) 2.5mg Monday am and Thursday pm.

Everyone is different. When I feel I am no longer getting the suppression on 5mg, I will go up by .5 each dose. Rinse and repeat. That's what is lovely about not being on the pens - we can dose ourselves carefully and minimize side effects from going up too quickly.

So I'm still kind of new to glp. I take tirzepatide. I was on 2mg once a week and that worked the first couple of weeks then nothing. So I went up to 5mg a week total. But I split it into two injections a week. 2.5mg each injection. I'm not getting the hunger suppression I'm looking for. Been on 5mg a week for about a month now. Should I up the dose or switch to 5mg once a week.

I only do injections twice a week cuz it says the half life of tirzepatide is 5 days. I've done some research and looked up experiences with others. Ppl say their hunger comes back on day 6 or 7 on thier once a week injections. So I figured I would try injecting twice a week. I know it's not reccomended. I'm experimenting here. And I do notice that my hunger never does completely come back since starting this.
You definitely can split your dose or increase the frequency. I research Reta every 5 days (instead of splitting). Everyone is different and has to find the peptide and dosage best for them. As long as you’re doing it safely, just experiment to find your sweet spot.

I don't know who says you're not supposed to split but many, many people do, including myself (5 mg split into (2) 2.5mg Monday am and Thursday pm.

Everyone is different. When I feel I am no longer getting the suppression on 5mg, I will go up by .5 each dose. Rinse and repeat. That's what is lovely about not being on the pens - we can dose ourselves carefully and minimize side effects from going up too quickly.
I'm on peppys and every single person in there told me not to split twice a week and to do every 5 days if I was going to split.
But yeah thats the same schedule I have. Monday morning and Thursday night.
I will probably try the 5mg every 5 days and see how that goes

I'm on peppys and every single person in there told me not to split twice a week and to do every 5 days if I was going to split.
But yeah thats the same schedule I have. Monday morning and Thursday night.
I will probably try the 5mg every 5 days and see how that goes
My answer became to messy, so I had to give up and let chatgpt structure it for me. It even went ahead and added some sources

Half-life can be quite complex, and there isn't a one-size-fits-all answer.

The standard recommendation for weekly dosing of tirzepatide works well for most patients because it maintains therapeutic effect and is easier for compliance. The reported half-life of tirzepatide ranges from 5 to 7 days, with 5 days being more commonly cited due to variability in individual metabolism
Alpha MD
Drugs.com

Half-life is a gradual process—drug clearance doesn't occur all at once but rather decreases steadily over time. Individual differences in how people metabolize tirzepatide account for the variation in its half-life. The drug’s extended-release formulation is designed to keep blood levels stable over time. This is likely why dosing every 5 days is sometimes suggested if someone experiences a dip in effect before the next injection, indicating that their body may be metabolizing the drug faster than average
Alpha MD
Lilly Medical

Statistically, dosing every 5 days may be closer to optimal for those with faster metabolism, but I would caution against exceeding the recommended weekly dosage due to the risk of drug accumulation if your body metabolizes it more slowly. Accumulation could lead to side effects like nausea, hypoglycemia, or gastrointestinal issues(
Drugs.com

When it comes to dosing every 5 vs. 7 days, it is very individualized—if weekly injections work without a dip in effect, there’s no need to change the schedule. However, if you experience a loss of effect (e.g., a drop in appetite suppression) before the next dose, dosing every 5 days could be a better option. This would suggest that your body metabolizes tirzepatide faster, making a shorter interval between doses more appropriate(
Alpha MD

If a dip in effect persists even at 5-day intervals, splitting doses further to every 2.5 or 3.5 days would complicate the regimen and might not be beneficial. Tirzepatide is designed for slow release, and more frequent dosing could disrupt its absorption pattern, potentially causing irregularities or even increased side effects.

Summary: The ideal dosing schedule is individualized—for most, weekly or every 5 days should be sufficient. If you're doing well on weekly injections without a dip in effect, stick with it. If you notice diminished results before the next injection, every 5 days might be more effective for you.

My answer became to messy, so I had to give up and let chatgpt structure it for me. It even went ahead and added some sources

Half-life can be quite complex, and there isn't a one-size-fits-all answer.

The standard recommendation for weekly dosing of tirzepatide works well for most patients because it maintains therapeutic effect and is easier for compliance. The reported half-life of tirzepatide ranges from 5 to 7 days, with 5 days being more commonly cited due to variability in individual metabolism
Alpha MD
Drugs.com

Half-life is a gradual process—drug clearance doesn't occur all at once but rather decreases steadily over time. Individual differences in how people metabolize tirzepatide account for the variation in its half-life. The drug’s extended-release formulation is designed to keep blood levels stable over time. This is likely why dosing every 5 days is sometimes suggested if someone experiences a dip in effect before the next injection, indicating that their body may be metabolizing the drug faster than average
Alpha MD
Lilly Medical

Statistically, dosing every 5 days may be closer to optimal for those with faster metabolism, but I would caution against exceeding the recommended weekly dosage due to the risk of drug accumulation if your body metabolizes it more slowly. Accumulation could lead to side effects like nausea, hypoglycemia, or gastrointestinal issues(
Drugs.com

When it comes to dosing every 5 vs. 7 days, it is very individualized—if weekly injections work without a dip in effect, there’s no need to change the schedule. However, if you experience a loss of effect (e.g., a drop in appetite suppression) before the next dose, dosing every 5 days could be a better option. This would suggest that your body metabolizes tirzepatide faster, making a shorter interval between doses more appropriate(
Alpha MD

If a dip in effect persists even at 5-day intervals, splitting doses further to every 2.5 or 3.5 days would complicate the regimen and might not be beneficial. Tirzepatide is designed for slow release, and more frequent dosing could disrupt its absorption pattern, potentially causing irregularities or even increased side effects.

Summary: The ideal dosing schedule is individualized—for most, weekly or every 5 days should be sufficient. If you're doing well on weekly injections without a dip in effect, stick with it. If you notice diminished results before the next injection, every 5 days might be more effective for you.
Thank you Bacchus for finding and sharing research about this! Will ponder this for a while before deciding whether to change. For me, the switch from 2.5mg to 5mg concerns me. What I am doing is working so I doubt I'll change unless (until?) I need to go up.

Thank you Bacchus for finding and sharing research about this! Will ponder this for a while before deciding whether to change. For me, the switch from 2.5mg to 5mg concerns me. What I am doing is working so I doubt I'll change unless (until?) I need to go up.
I don't see any reason to up your dosage if your current dosage works just fine and you are getting results. It's a marathon and not a race.

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Christie1107
Back