Eli Lilly ending tirz shortage

What is your comfort level when it comes to how long it might last in the freezer? I have considered doing this a few times but always stop myself because I just can't stand the thought of buying a bunch of peps that will either go bad before I can use them or wont need to use at all.
Everything I've read says max 2 years in a -4 freezer. Inderfinitely in a -80 degree lab freezer.

Last edited:
how many. 6 people? out of millions the drug helped. how many died without access to the drug

Fen - Phen wasn’t that great of a weight loss med anyway. Not worth the risk thousands were affected…. approximately 30 percent of people who had taken the fen phen for up to 24 months had abnormal echocardiograms,…. Long term risk wasn’t worth it

Fen - Phen wasn’t that great of a weight loss med anyway. Not worth the risk thousands were affected…. approximately 30 percent of people who had taken the fen phen for up to 24 months had abnormal echocardiograms,…. Long term risk wasn’t worth it
Adderall Is just as bad and they prescribe the hell out of it. Bothe are amphetamines. They just want people to stay fat so they can charge for other medical expenses associated with poor health.

Adderall Is just as bad and they prescribe the hell out of it. Bothe are amphetamines. They just want people to stay fat so they can charge for other medical expenses associated with poor health.
Adderall is a bad weight loss med too at least it doesn’t destroy the heart valves like Fen-phen did ..….. phentermine is an atypical amphetamine not a true amphetamine like adderall and still not that great for long term weight loss

Adderall is a bad weight loss med too at least it doesn’t destroy the heart valves like Fen-phen did ..….. phentermine is an atypical amphetamine not a true amphetamine like adderall and still not that great for long term weight loss
It sure worked for me when I was on it decades ago (for ADD not weight loss). I would go all day and forget to eat. Definitely not ideal for sure.

It sure worked for me when I was on it decades ago (for ADD not weight loss). I would go all day and forget to eat. Definitely not ideal for sure.
A
yeah, it’ll definitely make you pay attention ….. never took it, but it helped my son when he was little

What is your comfort level when it comes to how long it might last in the freezer? I have considered doing this a few times but always stop myself because I just can't stand the thought of buying a bunch of peps that will either go bad before I can use them or wont need to use at all.
Realistically they should be good for a couple years.

But I don’t see any reason to stock up unless you are adamant that you want to get your tirz via a script.

It will be available from numerous sources, shortage or no shortage

my opinion
tirz is not that good of a weight loss peptide. My wife is experiencing some reduction in inflammation but it's like it's not doing shit to reduce appetite.

I'm not buying any more.

my opinion
tirz is not that good of a weight loss peptide. My wife is experiencing some reduction in inflammation but it's like it's not doing shit to reduce appetite.

I'm not buying any more.
I had a similar experience. Great at reducing my inflammation but no appetite suppression. It’s funny that I have a huge stockpile of it. But I plan to always use one of these meds to help control inflammation. Plus I can always stack something with it. But many people respond very well to Tirz. We’re all so unique in how we respond to the various meds, doses, frequencies, etc. Has she found anything that works for her?

Has she found anything that works for her?
I was just discussing with her, trying the cagri with the zepbound. We are reluctant to use any research stuff on her but she's narly lost a pound after 3 months of zep. People may say she hasn't reached the proper dose of zep but the zep is stopping up her system and we're actually delaying her weekly shots so she can get regular again.

the situation sucks. I should start a thread to get opinions.

my opinion

I'm not buying any more.
I had great success at the lowest doses and lost a lot of weight. I bought a bunch of it and then almost overnight it just stopped working and now I'm stuck with a lot of it. I felt no difference at all from 5mg to 15 mg. I only tried 15 one week before going down again because I didn't see any benefit to continuing to take more. I was scolded on here last week for saying that I think Tirz will be a dead drug when the newer ones get approved that nobody will want to take anymore. I really believe it's true. Cagrisema seems to have much better appetite suppression, and equal if not better weight loss in the trial. Researchers on here seem to prefer to skip over the Sema part and go right to Retacagri.

I was just discussing with her, trying the cagri with the zepbound. We are reluctant to use any research stuff on her but she's narly lost a pound after 3 months of zep. People may say she hasn't reached the proper dose of zep but the zep is stopping up her system and we're actually delaying her weekly shots so she can get regular again.

the situation sucks. I should start a thread to get opinions.
I don’t know about opinions….I always think looking at and understanding CT data helps a lot.

There's so much going on in the world that you may have missed this news about a massive strike that started earlier today:

Good news: this may prevent Lilly from officially ending the Tirzepatide shortage this month. It will remain available for compounding.

Bad news: This is likely to make the official shortage worse if it continues for too long. May also impact current research peptide orders.

There's so much going on in the world that you may have missed this news about a massive strike that started earlier today:

Good news: this may prevent Lilly from officially ending the Tirzepatide shortage this month. It will remain available for compounding.

Bad news: This is likely to make the official shortage worse if it continues for too long. May also impact current research peptide orders.
Eli Lilly isn’t the one that makes the decision about ending the shortage. They can say whatever they want about inventory of their product. FDA decides when the official shortage designation ends.

Eli Lilly isn’t the one that makes the decision about ending the shortage. They can say whatever they want about inventory of their product. FDA decides when the official shortage designation ends.

I know, and it looked like the FDA was close to giving Lilly what they wanted. As was reported by On The Pen, the FDA accidentally left some language in letters to people who reported a shortage that suggests they intended to make a change sometime this month (I assumed that's what this thread was about, sorry). Not sure how likely that is to happen in the middle of an ongoing strike.

Novo Nordisk says they have plans to deal with this disruption, but Lilly declined to comment:

That's awful, but, dare-I-say almost reassuring, in a way. I was afraid that once you build up a tolerance to the meds it could take at least a year or 2 before they might be effective for you again. Maybe if the tirz stops working at the high doses I could do something else for a few months, then go back to tirz? I have a absolute horror of going back to constant food noise, zero appetite control, hungry-all-the-freakin'-time, food-addicted, obesity land.
I am there.. it does suck. I am "tweaking" things to see if I can stop this. Night time is the worst for me. I just need to go back to teeth whitening again...

I am there.. it does suck. I am "tweaking" things to see if I can stop this. Night time is the worst for me. I just need to go back to teeth whitening again...
Have you tried Cagri? I have seen people discuss it as something to use while "resetting" from the other GLP1 medications since it works differently. At least I hope that is true as I am also kinda nervous about the future when the food noise returns.

Have you tried Cagri? I have seen people discuss it as something to use while "resetting" from the other GLP1 medications since it works differently. At least I hope that is true as I am also kinda nervous about the future when the food noise returns.
My insurance is still paying for OZ and I just bought a ton of Tirz. I have thought about it. I may just get a vial and try... thanks. This sucks...

That's awful, but, dare-I-say almost reassuring, in a way. I was afraid that once you build up a tolerance to the meds it could take at least a year or 2 before they might be effective for you again. Maybe if the tirz stops working at the high doses I could do something else for a few months, then go back to tirz? I have a absolute horror of going back to constant food noise, zero appetite control, hungry-all-the-freakin'-time, food-addicted, obesity land.
I'm a big believer in cycling and refreshing out receptors..

Back