Empty Sterile Vials & Filters

Broken Chef

Reaction score
In my quest to filter peptides for my RS that has COPD and an autoimmune disease, I bought some supplies.

I am not sure how vials are rated/sized or what parameters they should have.

1. I noticed these 5ml vials are considerably larger than what peptides come in - what everyone calls 3ml vials.

Based on the fact that the peptide vials hold 3ml to the top, and these 5ml vials hold 8ml to the top, I'd venture to say that what everyone calls 3ml peptide vials, are actually 2ml vials. It would make sense that they would hold more than they are rated for.
IMG_20241001_152951215~3.jpg
IMG_20241001_153837864~2.jpg
IMG_20241001_153954684~2.jpg

2. These vials came from www.medlabsupply.com
IMG_20241001_153324220.jpg

They were $30 for a 25 pack. They also had other brands of vials at $40 and $50 per 25 pack. I opted for the cheaper ones, possibly a mistake as they are 18 months old with 18 months out exp date.

They arrived without negative pressure - not vacuum sealed. When I tried to create negative pressure in them, I could only get about 1ml worth before air sucked in past the needle in the rubber stopper. Some of the peptide vials have 3ml worth of vacuum and it does not suck in air past the needle when reconstituting - I am able to recon and remove air, leaving it vacuum sealed after recon.

I haven't the foggiest idea what any of this "means". It could be my OCD nitpicking things that don't matter, or these could be junk vials.

Until I order different brands, and play with them, I don't have much to compare to.

I know there are members here with decades of experience in the medical industry, so I'm wondering what you might have to say about this.

In hind sight, I should have sprung for the premium brand vials at $20 more. I let my frugality override my need to be as safe/sterile as possible.

3. Filters...
I ordered some of the Cobetter .22 micron 13mm PES syringe filters from Amazon, and also ordered some of the .22 microm 4mm PES filters from PeptideTest.

Package of the 4mm from peptide test say "Not for medical use" ... Hmmm...

IMG_6743.jpeg

PeptideTest has several YT videos playing with these filters, testing how many ml they can filter before they fail. Some interesting videos...

I also ordered 3ml and 5ml Excel syringes, and some 25g 1.5" Excel needles from medLabSupplies to reach the $75 free shipping. I already have some 22g 1" needles, but I find the needles to be "thick" and they punch a good sized hole in the rubber stoppers. The stoppers are self healing, but I figure - the smaller the hole, the less damage it does to the stopper, so I opted for slightly smaller gauge needles to use for recon and filtering.

Again, this might not be something I should even worry about. Just a few side tunnels I happened upon, while crawling through the filtering rabbit hole.

I just think that, to strive for perfection in the sterility rabbit hole, these things seem like they could hamper that. Allowing non sterile air into the vial I so diligently filtered, poses some risk, but I have no idea how much.

Perhaps my best efforts are for not and I'd be better served by not using bac past 28 days, and using up the reconstituted peptides within 4-6 weeks? I'm starting to wonder if it's worth the effort I'm putting in.

After all, endotoxins and viruses are so small, they will pass right through the .22 micron filters, so the things that could cause the most harm, are not being mitigated in this process...

I almost feel like I need a Clean Room to recon and filter in... Prob just my OCD, but wanted to throw it out there.

There seems to be growing concern, and with the massive influx of new people talking about this, let's work out the tiny details and see what's worth considering, and what doesn't really matter.

I was on the same path and ordered filters from peptide test as well. I'm thinking the disclaimer is just that. As far as the vials I placed an order on Amazon for the Ks-tek (based on reviews 🤷) Your purchase indicates they are sterile.

I actually have a 2ml and a 3ml vial for comparison. Both came from AR:
View attachment 2373
Interesting! What came in each? When looking for empty vials, most places did not have 3ml.

Do you happen to have a micrometer? Would be interested in knowing the dimensions.

I'm thinking in terms of the cases we get. I've not seen any for 2ml.. the majority are made for 3ml. But if a 5ml vial will hold 8ml of liquid, then a 2ml should hold 3ml to the top. I just don't know what the standards are for these things.

Once I get my filters and glow ingredients, I'll run another test on these vials with a 25g needle. I'll have one extra vial of ghk.. it was $3/vial so it makes for a cheap test. Perhaps piercing the first vial 4-5 times in 5 minutes with a 22g needle caused the rubber stopper to fail. I'll filter 3ml bac with the ghk, then draw out air to create a vacuum. Perhaps a single stick with a 25g needle will produce different results.

I was on the same path and ordered filters from peptide test as well. I'm thinking the disclaimer is just that. As far as the vials I placed an order on Amazon for the Ks-tek (based on reviews 🤷) Your purchase indicates they are sterile.

Yes, these vials are certified as sterile, so at least there's that, lol

If the filters are sterile and can actually filter, I don't know why they would have that disclaimer on them. Seems like they would have to be deficient in some way to warrant a disclaimer.

I believe the hospira branded 2ml vials are the same size as what most peps come in.

I wouldn't put any concern into the expiration date of a vial. And the filters that are "for medical use" are 5x more expensive, but not any better.

Interesting! What came in each? When looking for empty vials, most places did not have 3ml.

Do you happen to have a micrometer? Would be interested in knowing the dimensions.
Ipamorelin and DSIP came in 2ml vials, BPC came in 3ml. All came in the same shipment. Kinda threw off my reconstitution plans as I could only get about 2.6ml of bac in without filling it completely to the top. Ended up ordering .3ml syringes to make measuring those tiny doses easier

Don't have a micrometer but I have calipers. Not as precise but close enough. Height may be a little off due to the crimp.

2ml: W:14.86mm H:33.45mm

3ml: W:16.32mm H:36.70mm

I believe the hospira branded 2ml vials are the same size as what most peps come in.

I wouldn't put any concern into the expiration date of a vial. And the filters that are "for medical use" are 5x more expensive, but not any better.
There is a small price difference, but def not 5x as expensive...

Both are cheaper from the mfr.

Cobetter are like $1.20 each in 10 packs from Amazon.. free ship if you have prime.

Tisch are $1.60ea from peptest. Free ship with $40 order - 25 filters.

So 40 cents per filter difference.

Buying direct from mfr

Cobetter are currently on sale $41/100 from mfr website, plus $25 shipping, making them 65 cents each.

For Tisch - I can't find the STERILE 4mm .22 micron PES filters on the mfr website. They have non-sterile for like 88 cents each, but that's irrelevant. They are on vacation, so I'm waiting to hear back.

Both of these direct mfr options come from China, so while it's cheaper, it might be 4-8 weeks before they arrive.

At 1-2 filters per month, it's not a big expense any way you choose.

HOWEVER - if expense is the concern...
PeptideTest has some YT vids.. in 1 of them, he explains how much volume is lost in each of the filter sizes. Obviously, the smaller the filter, the less loss.

They are going to release a video soon that shows this, but he said the 4mm filters "steal" only .07ml of solution, where the 13mm filters "steal" .28ml. .28ml is 28 units, so depending on how concentrated you recon, that could be an entire dose worth of peptide lost in the filter.

The glow protocol I'm following uses only 10 units per injection, so using a 13mm filter, I'd lose almost 3 doses, where using a 4mm I'd lose less than 1 dose.

Not a big deal for china sourced glow, but if you recon a $200 domestically sourced vial with 1ml, then lose 28% in the filtering process with a 13mm filter, that's a considerable loss. I'd rather spend 40 cents more for a filter. But it depends on the price of the vial and how concentrated it is. Perhaps, when filtering, it might be better to use more bac water so less peptide is lost. AND/OR use 4mm filters so that the loss in minimal.

For the record, he said the 33mm filters steal a whooping .67ml!! So if you are the type who recons with only 1ml of bac, you'd lose 2/3 of the product in a 33mm filter!

Perhaps this loss could be mitigated by flushing 30 units of bac through the 13mm filter afterwards? I don't know, but it's something to consider and ask about!

Last edited:
Ipamorelin and DSIP came in 2ml vials, BPC came in 3ml. All came in the same shipment. Kinda threw off my reconstitution plans as I could only get about 2.6ml of bac in without filling it completely to the top. Ended up ordering .3ml syringes to make measuring those tiny doses easier

Don't have a micrometer but I have calipers. Not as precise but close enough. Height may be a little off due to the crimp.

2ml: W:14.86mm H:33.45mm

3ml: W:16.32mm H:36.70mm
Vial vendors throw a spanner into the works by having different diameter and height dimensions for nominal “3ml” and “5mil” vials depending on the brand I find.

This came up when I was designing a new peptide case and kept finding different measurements for what I though was a “standard” vial. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Tisch and cobetter are both "not for medical use". They are both great filters.
Brands that are certified for medical use are closer $5 each. Which is what I meant when saying 5x.
Gotcha - thought you were saying between those 2 brands.

More importantly is the potential loss suffered in the filter.

I edited my last comment to account for those sourcing peptides domestically. Using a 13mm filter that steals .28ml could be expensive if you recon a $200 vial with only 1ml bac.

Last edited:
I ordered filters from PeptideTest on Sunday, they shipped Monday and arrived Today (Wednesday). I'm only 1 state away, so I'm sure that factored in, but the Cobetter I ordered from Amazon are saying they won't be here for another 7-10 days.

I believe the Cobetter filters ship from China.
They show as back in stock and "ships from Amazon". I doubt you'd get 3 day shipping from China on a $12 order
Screenshot_20241002-173128-000.png

When I looked at this earlier, it said Oct 11-18

But it could be one of those "your item has been delayed" and not show for a month, lol

Great eye! Going to check it out.
I'm going to go with the 4mm filters from Peptide test. I like that they are adequate without stealing much product. I recon with minimal bac water, so I don't want to be losing 25%.

I asked in the YT comments if they could test and talk about flushing the filter with 30 units of bac water, after filtering, to see if that would help recover what is lost. Perhaps wetting the filter with bac water first would help.. I dunno.

Why not just use 5ml vials but only fill with what you need, any advantage to smaller vials?

Why not just use 5ml vials but only fill with what you need, any advantage to smaller vials?
they fit in my pretty pep boxes
This, lol

You brought up an issue I didn't address, but is a side thought I'm working through.

I bought 5ml vials to filter in, it's just that what they call 5ml, actually hold 8ml and are bigger than I'd like.

I will be buying a 6ct 5ml vial box for keeping recon peptides in the fridge, but it seems there are various sizes of 5ml vials, lol. So in part, I'm trying to determine if I can get smaller vials. I find it odd that a 3ml vial holds 3ml, but a 5ml holds 8ml. The glow I'm making uses 3ml, so having a vial completely full causes pressure issues. But on the other hand, filtering into a 5ml vial when I'm only using 1.4ml of bac seems like a waste of space and potentially an issue getting it all out.

I feel like I need 3 and 5ml empty vials, as well as a case that will hold both.

Back