Freezing BAC water

stickfigure

Registered
Reaction score
New to peptides, so sorry if this was covered.

Is anyone freezing their BAC water?
I want to set aside a supply of BAC water in case it becomes unavailable for purchase.
I am not confident the rubber stopper and plastic vial will not begin releasing chemicals if stored for extended duration (think years), so I would like to freeze the vials to -80 C to slow down all chemical reactions.

I got one of the used vaccine freezers off eBay for storing the powder. I am thinking of storing the BAC water in the same freezer.

Has anyone had problems with freezing? Have the vials survived the freezer without cracking?
My plan is to freeze the vials upright, so that when water expands it compresses the air on top of the vial. Benzyl alcohol should freeze next at about -15 C.

I understand I'll have to roll the vial after thawing to mix the solution back together. I am planning on filtering down to 0.22 uM when reconstituting, so sucking air in on thawing is not a big concern.

New to peptides, so sorry if this was covered.

Is anyone freezing their BAC water?
I want to set aside a supply of BAC water in case it becomes unavailable for purchase.
I am not confident the rubber stopper and plastic vial will not begin releasing chemicals if stored for extended duration (think years), so I would like to freeze the vials to -80 C to slow down all chemical reactions.

I got one of the used vaccine freezers off eBay for storing the powder. I am thinking of storing the BAC water in the same freezer.

Has anyone had problems with freezing? Have the vials survived the freezer without cracking?
My plan is to freeze the vials upright, so that when water expands it compresses the air on top of the vial. Benzyl alcohol should freeze next at about -15 C.

I understand I'll have to roll the vial after thawing to mix the solution back together. I am planning on filtering down to 0.22 uM when reconstituting, so sucking air in on thawing is not a big concern.
Sounds like a 7th grade science project, I’ll let you know in two days lol

MSDS sheet says to store at room temp. No refrigerator. Presumably no freezer.

MSDS sheet says to store at room temp. No refrigerator. Presumably no freezer.
I am well aware of what it says. There are also reasons for the date on the vial - materials begin to deteriorate over time. If you've worked with plastics on an older car, you should know what happens with plastics and rubber as they age. The water itself is very stable. Benzyl alcohol is also very stable under normal conditions - it's vapor pressure keeps it from evaporation almost indefinitely at room temperature. My concern is about the vial. It will not last as long as it's contents.

Last edited:
I am well aware of what it says. There are also reasons for the date on the vial - materials begin to deteriorate over time. If you've worked with plastics on an older car, you should know what happens with plastics and rubber as they age. The water itself is very stable. Benzyl alcohol is a lot more stable than water - it's vapor pressure keeps it from evaporation almost indefinitely at room temperature. My concern is about the vial. It will not last as long as it's contents.

It's also probably the easiest to component to replace.

The rubber could also shrink enough in a deep freeze and break the seal. Doubtful though.

Try it. It's cheap and usually obtainable. Worse case you could make your own in a pinch.

I am sure Big Pharma is preparing for all-out war on peptides. I want my supplies to last at least until the generics are available.
don't worry bac water was here long before GLP1s and it has a much wider use, also its not difficult to make so I don't think there will ever be situation when you will be unable to get some, in the worst case order it from CN

but I would say it will easily last 5 years if not more even at room temperature, as long as you don't open it, its supposed to contain high quality medical grade materials for packaging ... however its just my guess, I cant really back up my claim with any citation

Don't freeze it, benzyl alcohol will get destroyed. It should be kept at room temp.

What you could do however is freezing sterile water, than once you need a bottle you unfreeze it and add benzyl alcohol to it.

I am however not sure whether there's any benefits in freezing it for preservation

Don't freeze it, benzyl alcohol will get destroyed. It should be kept at room temp.

What you could do however is freezing sterile water, than once you need a bottle you unfreeze it and add benzyl alcohol to it.

I am however not sure whether there's any benefits in freezing it for preservation
Can you describe the science behind 'being destroyed' claim? I understand it will separate from water due to different freezing temperatures, but what makes you think it will get destroyed?

yeah, there is not, it is sterile after all, except the packaging disintegrate somehow by exposure to sunlight or high heat for example, fridge should be a safe place

Can you describe the science behind 'being destroyed' claim? I understand it will separate from water due to different freezing temperatures, but what makes you think it will get destroyed?
Benzyl alcohol itself is fragile to freezing, it happens at about -15c.

When it freezes, it crystallises and compromise its molecular form

yeah, there is not, it is sterile after all, except the packaging disintegrate somehow by exposure to sunlight or high heat for example, fridge should be a safe place
Yeah and I doubt the container itself will last longer in the freezer, I actually think it may be worse for the stopper

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stickfigure
Back