Good compounding resource

My daughter ordered me two cases from Temu but the holes are too large. It was for larger essential oil bottles. I may see if I can get some foam and make smaller holes.šŸ¤”
Hoping the 5ml case works for the vials I use for splitting brand pens - because the one vial like that that I have has messed up one of the slots! Shouldn't matter, no one sees it, but it bugs me! And you maybe getting foam... This journey does create new and strange obsessions!

Yeah, Iā€™ve already been eyeballing some!šŸ˜¬

I followed a similar path here. She is affiliated up with many of the telehealth providers but at least she is transparent about it and I think she offers good information for those who are more comfortable going that route. My very first order was with Emerge. She also recommends Lavender Sky at lower doses and I have ordered from them as well. I found the sign up process with both of them very easy and the items I received were very well packaged and still very cold. Both use Hallandale pharmacy although LS also works with other compounding pharmacies. If I were to remain at lower doses and continue using compounding pharmacies I would stick with Lavender Sky who offers better prices and no subscription. Red Rock Pharmacy also has a good reputation and if you really want to eliminate a middleman, ask your provider if they will write a prescription directly to this pharmacy. I donā€™t know if she is still recommending Mochi, but there was some shenanigans with them recently.

I also gave Slim Down Rx a chance. Took several weeks to get a first appointment as they do a live telehealth visit. Provider was nice enough but then it took a couple weeks for product to arrive. They are working with a newer pharmacy Ouisa which may or may not have had some shady business practices. Both the SDRX business owner and the pharmacy reached out to me directly expressing concern with shipping to me as I am in a rural area on the opposite coast and they said they couldnā€™t overnight it. I said 2-day shipping should be fine as long as itā€™s packaged properly. It arrived today (the 19th) and was shipped on the 14th! Needless to say it was not cold but it wasnā€™t quite room temperature either so Iā€™m hoping itā€™s still fine. The packaging was subpar compared to Hallandale who had no problem getting it to me overnight using Fedex and theyā€™re both in Florida. I told Ouisa this and their response was simply ā€œwe use UPS.ā€ So they need to get their act together and I would not order from them again.
Sorry to hijack your thread with my long winded 2 cents!
I just wanted to update my experience with SDRX. I emailed the owner Dr Brokish about the 5 day shipping issue and he got back to me within 24 hours. He followed up with Ouisa and they are sending me a new shipment and making sure to send out on a Monday so as not to run into weekend delays. Although they did send original package UPS next day air, apparently that does not guarantee overnight service to my area. (They are in FL and Iā€™m on Oregon coast). They also had one digit wrong in my street address which may have contributed to delay. Not sure if that was Ouisaā€™s or SDRXā€™s fault, but SDRX is making it right. So, if I was going to continue with compounded I would consider giving them another chance.

I just wanted to update my experience with SDRX. I emailed the owner Dr Brokish about the 5 day shipping issue and he got back to me within 24 hours. He followed up with Ouisa and they are sending me a new shipment and making sure to send out on a Monday so as not to run into weekend delays. Although they did send original package UPS next day air, apparently that does not guarantee overnight service to my area. (They are in FL and Iā€™m on Oregon coast). They also had one digit wrong in my street address which may have contributed to delay. Not sure if that was Ouisaā€™s or SDRXā€™s fault, but SDRX is making it right. So, if I was going to continue with compounded I would consider giving them another chance.
They donā€™t know where the Oregon Coast isā€¦..Maris in Fairview.
1724282596402.png

No apologies needed, all experiences welcome. It all helps others make more informed decisions. I think going straight to a pharmacy like Red Rock is great deal, especially if youā€™re on sema, all levels are $200!

Iā€™m trying right now to encourage a friend to leave her plastic surgeon and at least go that route bc they are scamming her. But everyone has their own risk tolerance. I know for dang sure she couldnā€™t hang here šŸ˜‚
At Mochi Health, semaglutide at all doses is $99. You do have to pay a $79 mandatory monthly membership, although you can get a slight discount if you sign up for several months of membership instead. With that membership, you get access to your doctor. You're required to have telehealth appointment with the doctor every three months. That price also includes access to a registered dietitian; going to the dietitian is optional.

Sometimes I can't believe I can hang here, though very much the newbie here, but not in terms of research because I've been doing so much of it for quite a while. I went from brand (and still have some pens) to compound (and still have and am using compound), and now have vials of lyophilized tirz, new and untried until tested, and I find myself simultaneously calmer by my growing stockpile of vials in my freezer, while also constantly debating getting more compound. I have Emerge/Hallandale and Orderly/Red Rock on pause, and am with SDRX/Ouisa too but haven't yet reordered because I still have a stock of compound. With hypothyroidism, metabolic issues, and insulin resistance, I am fairly certain it is a lifetime medication for me, just like my armour thyroid plus Liothyronine is, and I want to be in control of it all.
Same for me with the stockpiles. I also started on brand first back in 12/2023, went to Orderly 4/2024, and now have in my freezer the T60 vials. I have 6 boxes of 10mg brand in my fridge. I kept refilling using the savings card (zero insurance coverage) until my FSA funds ran out, which was last month, so that's done now. I just went up to 12.5 mg with Orderly last week and I think I'm going to pause it and start with my lyphilized tirz next month. Also with the metabolic issues and insulin resistance (was told at 8 yrs old by pediatrician to go on a diet, had RNY gastric bypass in 2000, and still couldn't keep down to a healthy weight), so also a lifetime med for me I think.

With my 6 months of Zep that doesn't start to expire until Jan 2026, I'm going to break open the pens for use in a new sterile multi-dose vial so I can split my doses how I want (Peptide Test has a great tutorial on this HERE.)

Same for me with the stockpiles. I also started on brand first back in 12/2023, went to Orderly 4/2024, and now have in my freezer the T60 vials. I have 6 boxes of 10mg brand in my fridge. I kept refilling using the savings card (zero insurance coverage) until my FSA funds ran out, which was last month, so that's done now. I just went up to 12.5 mg with Orderly last week and I think I'm going to pause it and start with my lyphilized tirz next month. Also with the metabolic issues and insulin resistance (was told at 8 yrs old by pediatrician to go on a diet, had RNY gastric bypass in 2000, and still couldn't keep down to a healthy weight), so also a lifetime med for me I think.

With my 6 months of Zep that doesn't start to expire until Jan 2026, I'm going to break open the pens for use in a new sterile multi-dose vial so I can split my doses how I want (Peptide Test has a great tutorial on this HERE.)
I'm laughing because I just posted all that I have and we're on the same course! I have split 3 5mg Zep pens into a vial! It is super easy. You don't need to do anything fancy. I bought 4ml sterile self healing vials, 4ml for the larger surface area. I alcohol swabbed the top of the vial. I unlocked the pen, centered it on the vial, pressed the injection button, held still, and whoosh, all in there. Did it with 2 more pens and because I was going to use it within a couple of weeks, didn't add BAC, no loss, no fuss.

I'm laughing because I just posted all that I have and we're on the same course! I have split 3 5mg Zep pens into a vial! It is super easy. You don't need to do anything fancy. I bought 4ml sterile self healing vials, 4ml for the larger surface area. I alcohol swabbed the top of the vial. I unlocked the pen, centered it on the vial, pressed the injection button, held still, and whoosh, all in there. Did it with 2 more pens and because I was going to use it within a couple of weeks, didn't add BAC, no loss, no fuss.
I might try that, but I'm not sure I'd be able to keep it steady enough to inject into the vial. Or not have the needle bend. Impressed!

I might try that, but I'm not sure I'd be able to keep it steady enough to inject into the vial. Or not have the needle bend. Impressed!
With the 4ml vial there's a good amount of surface. I put vial on counter, cleaned top, stood right over it, centered pen right on top of the vial, at the 4ml size the pen kind of fits right on top, unlocked it and injected as I would have into myself. I had decided to try this simple way and knew I could lose one pen, but was willing to take the risk. I had watched all the videos of withdrawing the med from the pen without unlocking it and using a 3ml luer lock syringe to draw it out, and I thought you know, let's just go simple. And it worked easily. I would do it again with other pens in the future. Just remember if you do split pens, however you do it, and want to use BAC, each pen already has 0.5ml of fluid to it so base BAC on total # of 0.5mls are in the vial based on how many pens you do at one time.

I do this for my daughter on Mounjaro but I add BAC water.

I was with SlimDownRX for a while as well. Their normal customer service is good, but the shipping from Ouisa can be extremely hit and miss. I always received my tirz, but it was usually 4 days after SDRX told me it would arrive (promised to ship on Monday, but shipped on Thursday). Thankfully for me, my house is easy to find and UPS can get it to me in 1 day.

Their tirz seemed to be good and removed my food noise and worked pretty efficiently. Their prices aren't terrible for compounded tirz.

I get my tirz from Amo now (T60). Just as good and I've been lucky not to have any burning or injection site issues.

Trending content

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Christie1107
Back