Good compounding resource

I added Styrofoam that came with some package, and put it in the net inside the cover for more protection and have desiccant packs in the net and stop vials. For me, the essential oil cases with their foam make more sense then the plastic 3d printed boxes that have no cushioning at all.
I might put in a freezer gelpac, a few desiccants and vaccuum pack the whole thing for long term freezer storage. Good way to protect the hoard?

Vacuum pack is my plan for anything being stored for 3+ months. It might be overkill, but I already have an Anova vacuum sealer for food. It takes like 1 minute to seal it.

👍Plus I like that they are in foam rather than in plastic cutouts. Do you wrap the cases in anything or just put them as is in the freezer?
I have the same ones, with the foam. What I do is receive the kit with the vials in their hard plastic containers that they are shipped in, and then cut the foam out in the exact shape of that hard plastic little kit package. I do not remove the vials from their original container, but instead snuggle the whole thing into the foam inside the essential oils case. I can fit 4 kits in each essential oils case, surrounded by foam, and before I close it up I put the extra foam on top. Very cozy for my peps. This is so darn addicting....

I have the same ones, with the foam. What I do is receive the kit with the vials in their hard plastic containers that they are shipped in, and then cut the foam out in the exact shape of that hard plastic little kit package. I can fit 4 kits in each essential oils case, surrounded by foam, and before I close it up I put an extra foam on top. Very cozy for my peps. This is so darn addicting.
That is brilliant!! Wish I had thought of that! Do you then just put the case into the freezer? As is? Or do you put each essential oil case into something else before it goes into the freezer? I feel like what I'm doing is overkill and wasting valuable space in my new mini freezer: vials into case, case into 2 plastic bags, case in plastic bags into another soft lunch box type bag, dessicant packs in case, baggie , lunch box, then the freezer.

Last edited:
I have the same ones, with the foam. What I do is receive the kit with the vials in their hard plastic containers that they are shipped in, and then cut the foam out in the exact shape of that hard plastic little kit package. I do not remove the vials from their original container, but instead snuggle the whole thing into the foam inside the essential oils case. I can fit 4 kits in each essential oils case, surrounded by foam, and before I close it up I put the extra foam on top. Very cozy for my peps. This is so darn addicting....
Care to share a photo, difficult to imagine

Care to share a photo, difficult to imagine
Here's one I am working on. You can see that I started out just putting individual vials into the circle cut outs that these cases come with. Then I decided to store them in their original cases inside the foam. I have a thick foam cover that goes on top and then I zip it all up.

Attachments

• IMG_9356.jpg
    IMG_9356.jpg
    773.3 KB · Views: 13
That is brilliant!! Wish I had thought of that! Do you then just put the case into the freezer? As is? Or do you put each essential oil case into something else before it goes into the freezer? I feel like what I'm doing is overkill and wasting valuable space in my new mini freezer: vials into case, case into 2 plastic bags, case in plastic bags into another soft lunch box type bag, dessicant packs in case, baggie , lunch box, then the freezer.
I'm pretty new to this. Currently just putting the case in the freezer. I'd love advice. If I should be doing more, I will. Want to protect my stash as it grows!

I'm pretty new to this. Currently just putting the case in the freezer. I'd love advice. If I should be doing more, I will. Want to protect my stash as it grows!
And I want someone to say it's okay just in the essential oil case in the freezer! Because it's ridiculous what I'm doing! I've definitely read that many just toss the plastic case it comes in, and even the paper cases, as they are, into the freezer!

Here's one I am working on. You can see that I started out just putting individual vials into the circle cut outs that these cases come with. Then I decided to store them in their original cases inside the foam. I have a thick foam cover that goes on top and then I zip it all up.
I follow. I didn’t realize the holes were pre-cut. Thanks for taking the time to share!

And I want someone to say it's okay just in the essential oil case in the freezer! Because it's ridiculous what I'm doing! I've definitely read that many just toss the plastic case it comes in, and even the paper cases, as they are, into the freezer!
I’m freezing mine like you, just in an essential oil case that has foam inside. Someone suggested putting an ice pack inside as well. Might try it.

I’m freezing mine like you, just in an essential oil case that has foam inside. Someone suggested putting an ice pack inside as well. Might try it.
I freeze mine and when I went to put labels on, I found it to be plenty cold. Not sure why you’d need an ice pack.

Ummm....am I supposed to be doing all this? I just threw mine, in the cardboard box they came in, in the basket of the chest freezer in the basement. No kids or nosey family. I've checked on 'em a couple times when I went to get some turkey stock, and they seemed fine. 🙃

Ummm....am I supposed to be doing all this? I just threw mine, in the cardboard box they came in, in the basket of the chest freezer in the basement. No kids or nosey family. I've checked on 'em a couple times when I went to get some turkey stock, and they seemed fine. 🙃
I want to stop doing it my way and do it your way! And I am ready to and then read about this one with a medical freezer at 80 below and this other one shrink wrapping and this one one tucking ice everywhere though it is already in the freezer!

Are you just placing the essential oil case in the freezer and not putting it in plastic bags and then in another case? I just want to stick the vials in the case and the case in the freezer and get rid of everything else I'm doing.

I think you are doing it sanely! I have not been doing it sanely! I have been on overdrive and overkill!

Are you just placing the essential oil case in the freezer and not putting it in plastic bags and then in another case? I just want to stick the vials in the case and the case in the freezer and get rid of everything else I'm doing.
Just the case, no additional bag or case.

I too want to up my game, just waiting on a good deal for a lab freezer lol

Other than that, vacuum sealing them for now is a good idea I hadn't thought about before.

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yogswurt
Back