Greetings from Atlanta 🤓

nonyabizznez

New_Member
Reaction score
59yrs Male SW 226 CW 165ish
*First shot 12/23/23, only time I paid full price Mounjaro ($1050 for 1bx 2.5!) PCP got Medicare approval. With the "donut hole" coverage is still about 2k/yr out of pocket) for Mounjaro (with a DM diagnosis!)
*2.5mg for 11wks, 5mg remainder. Recently added Cagri titrated from .125 (nada) to .6 (meh... We'll see)
*My PCP keeps me on 5mg because she knows what I've been through... From terminal cirrhosis (2018), immobile in a wheelchair to a successful liver transplant and back on my feet with insanely good health!
*Did not get on a scale until PCP appt 9/24. 56lbs lost (a bit more since). I was shocked! Dr said quit losing and told me the horrors of other patients (hospitalizations, gastric paralysis etc...)
*Probably lost most of the weight by early June.
*Have not consciously exercised once! The only thing more sedentary than me is my actual furniture. I don't burn calories at work either cuz I don't do that.
*Post transplant diabetes causes a high rate of rejection therefore PCP treats me as diabetic. She explains that in my circumstance A1C is unreliable (anemic, renal failure, adrenal insufficiency)

Proud to say I've never posted on Reddit, no matter how much I've bit my lip...I counter the frustrating redundancy there with "shitty tattoos" pics and cat videos....

If I did post there I've been dying to say that a lot of GLP-1 users have shifted food obsession to impatience with pharmacies, pharmacists, anyone near a pharmacy who will listen, insurance companies, employers, phone reps, people with and without diabetes, people who get 3mo scripts, people with extra in the fridge, people who don't share their source, people who pay less, people who have coverage, people who lose more weight, people who aren't losing weight, other Redditors and on and on.

Like anything I love I'm afraid it will go away and I love Tirz! I told my Dr it's the best thing next to getting a liver! As a result I worry about keeping my script or my insurance or availability or a crackdown at the ports 😬 Therefore in a couple short months I have hoarded way too much... Especially at 5mg and going into maintenance and especially since I have a prescription! I'm also 9mo's Mounjaro shots ahead (used Lavender Sky during shortage then all my back orders came through) and have a lyophilized hoard of Tirz, Cagri and Sema (never tried Sema but it was so cheap to toss in a kit and might be an option down the road)

Vendor's I've used are Amopure, SPC Nexha, Arctic, Skye, Eros, Transforma... Most recently QSC.

A couple things...

*With all the claims on Reddit of ineffective or underdosed compound I've never seen them backed up with glucose readings. I check mine daily and there's been no difference between compound and brand. Both yield glucose control.
*Of all the benefits (clothes fitting, drastically reduced cholesterol etc...) the biggest benefit for me has been the reduction of chronic hernia pain (I wanna say elimination but don't want to jinx it)

I'll try to be brief going forward ;)

Last edited:
Back