Hard Time Swallowing

Sooks2008

Reaction score
Hey all!

I am on week 5 and and day 4 of 5.0. The last couple days I have had a hard time swallowing food, not in a I’m disgusted by it way (that too lol) but solid food just feels almost like it gets stuck a bit. Didn’t have any of these issues with 2.5 and because of it have been tempted to stop which would be very disheartening considering the weight loss and glucose control I have got from it.

Just looking for insight to see if this has happened to anyone else.

Thank you!

Do you have any thyroid risks in your RS’s health profile? I would go get your RS a thyroid checkup and work up, that’s often a complaint of patients experiencing enlargement in thyroid. There is also a semi rare condition for swallowing muscles that a Dr like an ENT can diagnose, EOE ensophiliac esophagus that can come about from a couple things and leads to scarring or narrowing of esophagus.

But if you think it’s dose dependent there’s harm in reducing your dose and seeing if it resolves. Stay up on hydration and electrolytes too.

Do you have any thyroid risks in your RS’s health profile? I would go get your RS a thyroid checkup and work up, that’s often a complaint of patients experiencing enlargement in thyroid. There is also a semi rare condition for swallowing muscles that a Dr like an ENT can diagnose, EOE ensophiliac esophagus that can come about from a couple things and leads to scarring or narrowing of esophagus.

But if you think it’s dose dependent there’s harm in reducing your dose and seeing if it resolves. Stay up on hydration and electrolytes too.
Thanks for the reply!

There were no thyroid risk, they checked it about 4 days ago and all was good. Can that come from taking the GLP1? this all started out of the blue and lined up with 24 hours after my first 5.0 shot.

Dry mouth has been something I have had for a couple weeks now as well and that’s drinking 100-130 ounces of water a day!

I’m down almost 40lbs and glucose control has been crazy so I would hate to get off it, but some of these side effects worry me!

I would love to go back to 2.5 by my insurance won’t redo 2.5 for me until it’s a maintenance dose! So plan was to stay on 5.0 for as long as possible then 2.5 for that. Next shot is two days from now and so tempted to stop.

Scheduled an appointment with my Dr, but her next available isn’t until December 15th

Thanks for the reply!

There were no thyroid risk, they checked it about 4 days ago and all was good. Can that come from taking the GLP1? this all started out of the blue and lined up with 24 hours after my first 5.0 shot.

Dry mouth has been something I have had for a couple weeks now as well and that’s drinking 100-130 ounces of water a day!

I’m down almost 40lbs and glucose control has been crazy so I would hate to get off it, but some of these side effects worry me!

I would love to go back to 2.5 by my insurance won’t redo 2.5 for me until it’s a maintenance dose! So plan was to stay on 5.0 for as long as possible then 2.5 for that. Next shot is two days from now and so tempted to stop.

Scheduled an appointment with my Dr, but her next available isn’t until December 15th
Most of us here are in control of what dose we take by taking the grey market peptides so we can go from 2.5 to 3 if we want to or take it every 5 days instead of every 7 days. I don’t know how your pens work but I think there’s plenty of tutorials on how to break them and get the liquid so you can put it in a vial to use for your research purposes.

Most of us here are in control of what dose we take by taking the grey market peptides so we can go from 2.5 to 3 if we want to or take it every 5 days instead of every 7 days. I don’t know how your pens work but I think there’s plenty of tutorials on how to break them and get the liquid so you can put it in a vial to use for your research purposes.
Good to know, I’ll have to look into that. Hard to move away from the insurance approved pens as they are 25.00 per month supply! But collecting and reusing the meds isn’t a bad idea! I’ll have to take a look into that.

Hey all!

I am on week 5 and and day 4 of 5.0. The last couple days I have had a hard time swallowing food, not in a I’m disgusted by it way (that too lol) but solid food just feels almost like it gets stuck a bit. Didn’t have any of these issues with 2.5 and because of it have been tempted to stop which would be very disheartening considering the weight loss and glucose control I have got from it.

Just looking for insight to see if this has happened to anyone else.

Thank you!
It may be an overly simplified solution, but you could just be dehydrated. With these meds even if you feel like you drink as much water as you used to it could still creep up on you.

Do you have any GERD or heartburn? The increased dose could be contributing to that as a side effect. Even if not all the traditional symptoms, you could maybe have silent reflux (aka laryngopharyngeal reflux), which often causes that difficult swallowing sensation. I hope you can sort it out!

Do you have any GERD or heartburn? The increased dose could be contributing to that as a side effect. Even if not all the traditional symptoms, you could maybe have silent reflux (aka laryngopharyngeal reflux), which often causes that difficult swallowing sensation. I hope you can sort it out!
I have had off and on noticable hearburn and got the sulfur burps once I went to 5, I just took omeprazole last night and will continue it to see if this helps. Thank you!!

This is my overall hope! I think it could be this as well, even though I feel like I’m drinking a ton.
Please be sure that your electrolytes aren't low because of your increased water intake and decreased ability to eat. That will fuck you up in many ways, some dangerous. Drink a Gatorade or get some liquid IV from the store and see if it helps you feel less thirsty.

Back