Hoping to change my life

Bonnyweed

Reaction score
My interest is in tirzepatide. I am looking to get my courage up enough to purchase some tirzepatide powder for reconstitution. I’m a 63 year old woman and a public health nurse. I had my first dose ever of tirzepatide through a 503a compounding pharmacy about 4 weeks ago.
After only one dose, I knew that this was a game changer and that I had the potential of changing my life. I have 100 pounds to lose. For now, I am a FDA refugee. At the moment, I am getting tirzepatide from a 503b compounding pharmacy. I am very aware that tirzepatide compounding pharmacies have a very uncertain future.
Financially, it is unsustainable for me to keep using compounding pharmacies anyway. I’m less than 2 years out from retirement and I need to save every penny I can.
My short term goal is to learn everything I can about what is available on the research market. I’m very accustomed to reconstituting vaccines. I’m dreaming of finding a safe supply that contains what it says it contains and is free from contamination.
I thank you all for your knowledge and I look forward to making some connections.

I think you'll find yourself in good company. There's lots of information on the site. I just made my last payment to my telehealth provider and have fully switched to research.

I'm not going to bullshit you. If you want safe, or a neck to wring. You're best bet is to stay with the 503a. You can't really put a price on life, and one of my motivators is that I don't see a whole lot of obese people in their 70s.

Purity tests only tell you part of the picture. There have been some concerns in the community regarding the presence of TFA and LPS in research grade peptides. This along with occasional failed sterility tests. It's unclear if this is cause for concern or just something to be aware of, for the average healthy adult.

So research grade peptides are not without some amount of compromise.

Thanks so much for your kindness and good information. It is appreciated. I definitely have a wariness of injecting substances into my body. I always think of the folks who allowed someone to inject them with cosmetic fillers and then they are forever disfigured or die. My thought is “Who would allow someone to do that to them?”
There is definitely a risk calculation. Pay a few thousand per year to a US compounding pharmacy or use research peptides and have enough money to travel.
The compounding pharmacies are hanging on by a thread and the FDA could shut it all down soon. It will be interesting.

Thanks so much for your kindness and good information. It is appreciated. I definitely have a wariness of injecting substances into my body. I always think of the folks who allowed someone to inject them with cosmetic fillers and then they are forever disfigured or die. My thought is “Who would allow someone to do that to them?”
There is definitely a risk calculation. Pay a few thousand per year to a US compounding pharmacy or use research peptides and have enough money to travel.
The compounding pharmacies are hanging on by a thread and the FDA could shut it all down soon. It will be interesting.

You'll have to draw your own conclusions. I hear different information from different sources. Conflicting reports and no one really has a straight answer.

Anecdotal evidence shows that people aren't keeling over and I haven't heard anyone going into anaphylactic shock. I do have an Epi pen in my car. I ordered some antibiotics to have on hand as a precaution. The research grade feels just like the stuff from the compounding pharmacy.

You'll have to draw your own conclusions.

Happy hunting!

I like thinking that the risk is high, but the chance of it happening is very low.

It's like being bitten by a shark, it does not happen a lot but the chance dying is pretty high.

You can of course minimizing even more the chance of it happening by researching, using good reconstitution standards, etc.

I don't mind shark encounters, but I will want to do that in a cage, same deal for gray market peptides 😉

Back