How Have GLP1s Changed Your Life?

Feel free to ignore my to cents on doctor mindset: The way I see going to a doctor is an proactive and preventative maintenance.

Ex: Do you wait to take your car to a mechanic until your engine blows and you need to get it towed + repaired for an exponentially higher price than that of having it looked at by a mechanic once in a while?
Oh i am definitely a "maintenance" person. Which made me start TZ. I figured my body warranty was not 100% any more at 50 years old. My doc is happy to only see me once a year though. I do send him bloodwork every few months while I have been on TZ. He also has my mindset that the medical system is broken. Could ramble four hours about that!

Miracle drug! I’ve been on it exactly 1 year today. I have a prolactinoma and am unable to lose weight without help (causes metabolic issues and insulin resistance). Within 2 weeks my inflammation decreased significantly. I feel so good and it’s truly been effortless to lose the weight. I’m down 6” in hips, 6” in waist, BMI dropped from 27 to 20. I’ve lost more than 23% of my body weight. I stayed on a lower dose the entire time and moved into maintenance 6 months in. I’m still continuing to lose about a pound a month without even trying.

I signed up for ballet classes this fall and have been enjoying them. I would have been so self conscious in a leotard and tights before this!

Miracle drug! I’ve been on it exactly 1 year today. I have a prolactinoma and am unable to lose weight without help (causes metabolic issues and insulin resistance). Within 2 weeks my inflammation decreased significantly. I feel so good and it’s truly been effortless to lose the weight. I’m down 6” in hips, 6” in waist, BMI dropped from 27 to 20. I’ve lost more than 23% of my body weight. I stayed on a lower dose the entire time and moved into maintenance 6 months in. I’m still continuing to lose about a pound a month without even trying.

I signed up for ballet classes this fall and have been enjoying them. I would have been so self conscious in a leotard and tights before this!
Wow I had problems with prolactin, not prolactinoma, but problems, hit a breaking point, my doctor put me on brand saxenda, moved to wegovy (didn’t like it), then tirz & made my way here. Been stalled for a while, but don’t care! Lost 65lbs and the prolactin problem went away! I know now that there was definitely metabolic issues at play. I had NO idea the amount of time I was wasting with food noise. It is debilitating! When that switch was turned off, I thought “what do regular people do with their time? Lol” well I guess the smart people who want to continue to learn & live ….well… make their way here. 😊 Game changing medicine in SO many ways!!

Back