I broke some threads — sorry!

exploitedworkerbee

Cherub of Justice
Research Expert
Reaction score
Welp, in an attempt at housekeeping I moved some threads into more appropriate categories and apparently broke your ability to continue commenting on them in the process. About 10 threads are affected. I am going to do my best to undo the changes, but I have to remember which section they were in to start with, which I may get wrong because… memory.

Just wanted to let everyone know in case they see an error that says you don’t have permission to post on a thread. Hopefully I can get it mostly fixed. If you happen to have been the person who started one of the impacted threads and remember the category it was in kindly DM me and I’ll make sure it gets fixed. My apologies, I’m learning on the job.

I think I've fixed them all, please DM me if you come across an error that says "you have insufficient permissions to reply here"

Thank you. Feel free to berate me.
I just messaged dino asking where all the threads went. It seems some categories got purged? I’m relatively new here but I am certain there was a lot more threads…

I can, too. It’s just that Sema has 9 threads, ret only has 14, diabetes has 1, etc. Where’d everything go?
I’ll look into it. All I did was shift about 10 recent threads into the vendor reviews category, and they’ve now been moved to public square. There was no larger reorganization of categories, it should have been isolated to just a few threads.

I’ll look into it. All I did was shift about 10 recent threads into the vendor reviews category, and they’ve now been moved to public square. There was no larger reorganization of categories, it should have been isolated to just a few threads.
One of those threads happened to be mine — I just so happened to get a notification about it. I just wondered where everything went. Thought maybe the big powers that be got ahold of us.

One of those threads happened to be mine — I just so happened to get a notification about it. I just wondered where everything went. Thought maybe the big powers that be got ahold of us.
Nah, it was just me apparently messing stuff up.

I can, too. It’s just that Sema has 9 threads, ret only has 14, diabetes has 1, etc. Where’d everything go?
Some of those sound right to me. Pretty sure until recently Tirz was the hot topic around here, and this forum isn't that old. I remember looking a the categories a few weeks ago and thinking a bunch of them were really empty.

Some of those sound right to me. Pretty sure until recently Tirz was the hot topic around here, and this forum isn't that old. I remember looking a the categories a few weeks ago and thinking a bunch of them were really empty.
Agreed, i think those are just not super populated areas

@exploitedworkerbee

SEE! This is what happens when Daddy goes away and leaves the Car Keys with the Kids...
Next thing you know we will be having a big distructive house party.
:ROFLMAO:
I’m trying to figure out how to get the beer stains off the ceiling before he gets home

So you only tried to to move them into Source/Supplier reviews? That category is locked down. So it's probably safe to assume that any threads moved into non-restricted categories should function as normal.

Back