I have just moved in and thought I would say hello!

gbrown

Registered
Reaction score
I've been on GLP-1 semaglutide for six weeks. I have lost weight but not the way I anticipated. I did great physically for the first four weeks. Then, at week five, I doubled my initial dose. Five days later, I had what I would term as explosive diarrhea and vomiting. It wasn't a small amount of either.

I didn't associate it with the GLP-1 at first because we have four grandchildren in and out of our house, and it seems they bring every bug known to mankind with them. I thought I just had a stomach bug, which cleared up within three days. Then it was time for my next weekly dose of GLP-1. Five days later—last night—the same thing happened to me. The only difference is that although I was up most of the night with diarrhea and vomiting, it seems to have passed today. At least, I hope so! Now I am thinking that this is indeed related to the semiglutide.

I am wondering if anyone else has had this experience. Any information would be appreciated!

@gbrown
First I assume you have consulted a physician. I don't do medical advice and explosive diarrhea/vomiting is potentially serious.

This side effect isn't unknown however.
It is remarked upon occasionally in Reddit, and, it first happens at exactly the dosage level change you mentioned: moving from 0.25mg up to 0.50.

This first doubling of the dosage seems to trigger a small number of adverse responses like this. I've observed that those who encounter it may often continue semaglutide successfully by backing-off the dosage to 0.375mg weekly for a time.

Proceeding in half-step dosage increases MAY work for you too.

Not a medical professional here - Consult one please!
Hope you feel better soon.

AND BTW, Welcome to GLP1Forum :)

Trending content

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Christie1107
Back