Injecting yourself with medication isn't for everyone

I whole heartedly agree. I recently joined a microneedling group, interested in using it for hair loss. Some of the people in the group are also diy-ing Botox and lip filler injections, etc. I can fully recognize my diy limits include self injected Botox! Lol. More power to those that can but I know it’s not for me.

It’s a good trait to have to recognize one’s own ability limits.
What microneedling group did you join? If you don't mind me asking, I just got a device but before starting want to gather as much data as possible....

It concerns me in part because you can find most of this stiff on YouTube, Google, etc. Or just using the search var in a forum. But people that go right to poking themselves or who just do zero research up front worry me about where society is headed lol

I can see how manufacturers thought about making the pen. It resembles insulin pens, easy to use etc. But now everybody is using compounding Tirz or Sem because of shortage and becoming experts at self injecting. I hope this doesn't extend to drug use ;)

I keep seeing people on Reddit and elsewhere who are confused about how to calculate their desired dosage, or worse "accidently" overdose themselves. Then they get all pissy and defensive when I suggest that maybe this isn't the best path for them.

I realize that math isn't everyone's strong suit, but if people can't fully understand how to properly calculate or administer their dosage, they really need to reconsider if self-injecting is right for them. The same people probably wouldn't hesitate to bring their car to a garage for repairs that they don't feel comfortable doing themselves, yet they somehow assume that injecting themselves with drugs is no big deal.

Fortunately an accidental overdose of these GLP-1 meds isn't likely to kill anyone, but a little self-awareness and acknowledgement of one's own limitations would sure be a good thing for people to keep in mind before making such an important decision about their health. I get that wanting to lose weight and be healthier are strong motivators, but please take some time to seriously ask yourself if this is something you can commit to doing accurately and properly before starting. /rant
I just got kicked out of a Facebook group because some idiot was telling another idiot that if he used more bac water he'd have a higher dose. I'm sorry to be an ass, but if you're too stupid to figure out basic math and too lazy to the slightest bit of research before starting this, you have no business anywhere near a pep.

It is really astounding the stupidity of some posts around.
"bought this vial online, but its a powder, do I need some kind of water to mix it?"
Yes it is! I've seen quite a few Reddit posts stating they have the vial, but don't know what to do with it. It's mind boggling!

I spent over 40 hours reading and talking to people before I ordered.

I ask questions to the point of being annoying.. but I don't care what it takes to acquire the knowledge I need to feel comfortable doing something... Especially injecting something!

Even scarier yet is where they got it from! If they didn't research how to use it, they damn sure didn't research how to buy from a legit supplier.

I see things every day that reminds me of a famous quote...

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that! - George Carlin

Tbh, if you aren’t able to figure out how to calculate your dose - you haven’t tried.

If you inject without knowing that your dose is correct - then Darwin will get you eventually anyway

A lot of these posts would be solved if doctors would let their patient know their dose in mg. But it isn’t really hard to convert either.

I keep seeing people on Reddit and elsewhere who are confused about how to calculate their desired dosage, or worse "accidently" overdose themselves. Then they get all pissy and defensive when I suggest that maybe this isn't the best path for them.

I realize that math isn't everyone's strong suit, but if people can't fully understand how to properly calculate or administer their dosage, they really need to reconsider if self-injecting is right for them. The same people probably wouldn't hesitate to bring their car to a garage for repairs that they don't feel comfortable doing themselves, yet they somehow assume that injecting themselves with drugs is no big deal.

Fortunately an accidental overdose of these GLP-1 meds isn't likely to kill anyone, but a little self-awareness and acknowledgement of one's own limitations would sure be a good thing for people to keep in mind before making such an important decision about their health. I get that wanting to lose weight and be healthier are strong motivators, but please take some time to seriously ask yourself if this is something you can commit to doing accurately and properly before starting. /rant
Well said. Great points. I don't know how I can be educated, yet crazy stupid with calculating doseages. Bottom line is: I am! I highly suggest you have a trusted mentor/friend to review calculations, and make sure you're making good choices otherwise, don't inject peptides.

Well said. Great points. I don't know how I can be educated, yet crazy stupid with calculating doseages. Bottom line is: I am! I highly suggest you have a trusted mentor/friend to review calculations, and make sure you're making good choices otherwise, don't inject peptides.
There are various peptide calculators. I like the reverse peptide calculator so I can pick how many units I want to inject. I can do the math, but the calculator is much faster and I'm not second guessing.

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Squirt82
Back