Is it the GLP-1 or ?

adria37

Reaction score
I am of the age of hot flashes, rages, and poor sleep. I started on HRT and thought I was cured but for the past month or so I have been waking up between 2:30 am and 3:30 religiously, wide awake. I have been on vacation and now have to return to work. I can handle altered sleep for a day or so but this is every single night. Any suggestions? I am always tired but being tired and sleepy is a bitch.

Just to add I went up on my dose to 12.5 mg about a month ago too.

Dealing with the same here. 46F and perimenopause. I don't have hot flashes and I don't suspect a huge hormonal issue (yet). I blame it on tirzepatide as a side effect at this point.

Some people will tell you your blood glucose is low and you are waking up due to a cortisol spike caused by that. It might be true in your case, but I personally think it's over rated. Most people don't have hypoglycemic events. You should still verify with a finger prick test a few times, but I suspect it's just one side effect.

Last week I was listening to a podcast, the host was interviewing Dr. Tyna Moore. Tyna said the same thing, that microdosing GLP-1 had her wide awake in the wee hours now.

The episode focused a ton on hormones and HRT, perimenopause, and all of that and their relationships when used with GLP-1. You may find the info interesting.

I definitely sleep differently and sometimes less restfully which isn't perimenopause since I'm a guy, but I personally think my melatonin and magnesium that helped me to sleep no longer work or digest differently. If you take sleep supplements maybe something similar there.

My wife is in early perimenopause and for sure has trouble sleeping because of the perimenopause alone.

Last week I was listening to a podcast, the host was interviewing Dr. Tyna Moore. Tyna said the same thing, that microdosing GLP-1 had her wide awake in the wee hours now.

The episode focused a ton on hormones and HRT, perimenopause, and all of that and their relationships when used with GLP-1. You may find the info interesting.

I love Dr. Tyna Moore! I listen to her podcast show on Audible. She covers a lot of topics on menopause and so much more. A year ago I asked my doctor for HRT but was denied because blah blah causes cancer and now I’m looking for a new doctor because of what Dr Tina says.

Fascinating episode! I went a bit deeper and listened to her free series on GLP-1 https://www.drtyna.com/ozempicuncovered

It did not disappoint!

Back