Man this is somewhat overwhelming - hello!

shaendra

Registered
Reaction score
So I've come around in the past month or so to wanting to take a medical weight loss approach to getting healthy. My insurance doesn't cover any kind of weight loss meds or procedures, so I'm exploring other options (compounding pharmacies, DIY, etc.) This is seriously "drinking from the firehose" territory for me, information-wise. Hit up Reddit first, and have found how speakeasy-like it is, to avoid bans/shutdowns. Then came across a reference to this forum, so here I am digging in further to try to get closer to some "sources". Would love to find a good Discord to chat on if such a thing exists.

Personal info: F 53, 5’ 10” (if I could stand up straight!) around 400#. HT, and my knees/hips/back are killing me. A1C is pre-diabetic, so no go on any on-label diabetic meds. Recently had RF ablation on some veins to treat lower extremity lymphedema - nothing like feeling a hot poker has been snaked down inside your inner thigh to provide a wakeup call!! Tried/failed/yo-yo'ed on many diets over the years, and even on sublingual HGH. Was able to exercise enough to actually complete 5Ks when I was mid to upper 200s, but that's a long ways off. I want to get back to where life is more normal and every single decision doesn't revolve around how to accommodate my huge body (sleep, sit, eat, move, travel, poop, etc... EVERYTHING is impacted at this weight/size). Bariatric surgery is a very last resort IMO, and GLP-1 seems to be my best bet right now from what I've learned.

Thanks.

Last edited:
It’s crazy that insurance would rather cover the inevitable health issues of being that big rather than cover meds for weight loss. Make that make sense.

I started with compound and quickly moved to DIY because … money.

Dang. Just joined yesterday.
IMG_3321.jpeg

It’s crazy that insurance would rather cover the inevitable health issues of being that big rather than cover meds for weight loss. Make that make sense.

I started with compound and quickly moved to DIY because … money.
All it’s covering at the HT meds… and I guess orthopedic surgery if it comes to that. But not bariatric surgery! It doesn’t make sense except for the stigmas of “too lazy to fix it yourself” that is everywhere. I guess that lands a lot of things in the “vanity” category of treatment options :/

All it’s covering at the HT meds… and I guess orthopedic surgery if it comes to that. But not bariatric surgery! It doesn’t make sense except for the stigmas of “too lazy to fix it yourself” that is everywhere. I guess that lands a lot of things in the “vanity” category of treatment options :/
I have lost and regained the same 100lbs repeatedly.. anyone saying that should try losing 100lbs it’s generally a mix of things our brains for whatever reason think about food all the freaking time.
Also I can’t eat the same amount of calories as other people and maintain weight. My mom is disabled and has lived with me for years she’s thin always has been. I cook all our meals and we eat the same things.
I don’t keep junk food in my house cause I can’t. She says I’m trying to starve her to death is actually underweight and keeps cookies in her room to eat at night.. make that make sense.
I also go hiking all the time, and am overall active. Still hover close to 300.

So I've come around in the past month or so to wanting to take a medical weight loss approach to getting healthy. My insurance doesn't cover any kind of weight loss meds or procedures, so I'm exploring other options (compounding pharmacies, DIY, etc.) This is seriously "drinking from the firehose" territory for me, information-wise. Hit up Reddit first, and have found how speakeasy-like it is, to avoid bans/shutdowns. Then came across a reference to this forum, so here I am digging in further to try to get closer to some "sources". Would love to find a good Discord to chat on if such a thing exists.

Personal info: F 53, 5’ 10” (if I could stand up straight!) around 400#. HT, and my knees/hips/back are killing me. A1C is pre-diabetic, so no go on any on-label diabetic meds. Recently had RF ablation on some veins to treat lower extremity lymphedema - nothing like feeling a hot poker has been snaked down inside your inner thigh to provide a wakeup call!! Tried/failed/yo-yo'ed on many diets over the years, and even on sublingual HGH. Was able to exercise enough to actually complete 5Ks when I was mid to upper 200s, but that's a long ways off. I want to get back to where life is more normal and every single decision doesn't revolve around how to accommodate my huge body (sleep, sit, eat, move, travel, poop, etc... EVERYTHING is impacted at this weight/size). Bariatric surgery is a very last resort IMO, and GLP-1 seems to be my best bet right now from what I've learned.

Thanks.
Quick way into Glips for research are through compounding programs like Henry Meds, Push, Sequence. @350 a month ish. Less expensive is DIY peptides. Domestic sellers that do independent testing are a bit more expensive but great as far as product and service. Imported from China are least expensive. Look at all the forums here and what others have to say. Reddit also has sub Tirzeglutide that is good. Search Team Peptides to see independentl testing also. Good luck!

Last edited:

Thanks.
Now that it’s 2024 have you checked your insurance formulary to see if GLPs are covered? Zepbound is being covered by more and more insurance companies daily (I work for one).

Quick way into Glips for research are through compounding programs like Henry Meds, Push, Sequence. @350 a month ish. Less expensive is DIY peptides. Domestic sellers that do independent testing are a bit more expensive but great as far as product and service. Imported from China are least expensive. Look at all the forums here and what others have to say. Reddit also has sub Tirzeglutide that is good. Search Team Peptides to see independentl testing also. Good luck!
R/Tirz sub was shut down a few days ago.

Now that it’s 2024 have you checked your insurance formulary to see if GLPs are covered? Zepbound is being covered by more and more insurance companies daily (I work for one).
It doesn't matter if it's on the formulary, as my employer's plan explicitly excludes medications for weight loss. Unfortunately.

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Christie1107
Back