New to grey. About to do first dose and im scared!

kristen77

Registered
Reaction score
I've been on rx tirz since March. Lost 45 pounds. Cannot afford to keep paying $550/month but I'm still needing to lose 15-20 more pounds plus I'm probably going to need this med for life.

I received my package from china yesterday. I'm reading everything I can, trying to gain as much knowledge as I can... I'm about to give myself my first injection and I'm terrified. I'm thinking "what am I DOING?? I'm about to inject myself with some unknown powder from CHINA?!" I got my package from amo. From the research I've done here and reddit, it's a decent company. It's just the idea of doing this, putting something unknown into my body, who knows what it could really be? No I did not send for testing. I don't have time to. I will likely send a vial for testing in the next week or so, but for now I just need my dose. I'm almost a week out from my last dose. Sorry for sounding hysterical, I'm not quite. I am just wondering, am I crazy for doing this?? Did you feel the same way when you first started grey? Thanks for any thoughts.

We’ve all done it and lived to tell the tale!

Really though, if you’re super worried about untested overseas (a valid concern) you can buy one very overpriced vial from one of the higher touch domestic suppliers and get it in your hands this week. Use that while you wait for testing on your discount stuff. Skye and Polaris are well-respected domestic vendors (disclosure: I used to mod a peptide-related server with the guy who runs Polaris so know him fairly well, if you think that makes me biased on the matter then disregard the suggestion). It’s never ideal to trust vendor testing, but I’d definitely trust one of those guys more than the overseas sellers considering your situation.

It is scary, but just keep in mind that it is in that company's best interest to keep you alive and ordering from them. Also, legit reviews of companies in this space can carry a lot of weight, so you aren't completely powerless, even though it can feel that way.

Now, if the company you ordered from just vanishes, it might be time to panic, but until then, let's just blissfully enjoy our transformations into full blown junkies.

One thing that I find comforting is that "I am not the first one..." - there are so many before us that effectively tested the waters... that fact alone makes it all more palatable. I don't thnk I'd wanna volunteer to be the first one to try some new peptide or something like that.. but this is just new to you.. all these feelings are normal and it'll be one big nothing after a shot or two.. and perfectly normal to laugh at yourself and go "what was I worried about.." :)

I've been on rx tirz since March. Lost 45 pounds. Cannot afford to keep paying $550/month but I'm still needing to lose 15-20 more pounds plus I'm probably going to need this med for life.

I received my package from china yesterday. I'm reading everything I can, trying to gain as much knowledge as I can... I'm about to give myself my first injection and I'm terrified. I'm thinking "what am I DOING?? I'm about to inject myself with some unknown powder from CHINA?!" I got my package from amo. From the research I've done here and reddit, it's a decent company. It's just the idea of doing this, putting something unknown into my body, who knows what it could really be? No I did not send for testing. I don't have time to. I will likely send a vial for testing in the next week or so, but for now I just need my dose. I'm almost a week out from my last dose. Sorry for sounding hysterical, I'm not quite. I am just wondering, am I crazy for doing this?? Did you feel the same way when you first started grey? Thanks for any

One thing that I find comforting is that "I am not the first one..." - there are so many before us that effectively tested the waters... that fact alone makes it all more palatable. I don't thnk I'd wanna volunteer to be the first one to try some new peptide or something like that.. but this is just new to you.. all these feelings are normal and it'll be one big nothing after a shot or two.. and perfectly normal to laugh at yourself and go "what was I worried about.." :)
I remember being really nervous. In fact I kinda screwed up my first injection I was so nervous, but it turned out fine. I've lost over 100 pounds and taken control of my healthcare journey in a way I hadn't realized was possible. Having said that, these days I prefer 3rd party tested from China- meaning, I "quarantine" or set aside the peps until I get independent testing results back, which can take weeks or months. Like Bee mentioned, Skye and Polaris are reputable domestics with super fast shipping (and i know them both, they're great guys), who 3rd party test. I once got peps in 2 days from Skye, 3 from Polaris. But i also have built a stockpile of tested stuff by now and can wait on testing. If I was new and out then yeah, I'd probably yolo, and I'm sure it would be fine.

I remember being really nervous. In fact I kinda screwed up my first injection I was so nervous, but it turned out fine. I've lost over 100 pounds and taken control of my healthcare journey in a way I hadn't realized was possible. Having said that, these days I prefer 3rd party tested from China- meaning, I "quarantine" or set aside the peps until I get independent testing results back, which can take weeks or months. Like Bee mentioned, Skye and Polaris are reputable domestics with super fast shipping (and i know them both, they're great guys), who 3rd party test. I once got peps in 2 days from Skye, 3 from Polaris. But i also have built a stockpile of tested stuff by now and can wait on testing. If I was new and out then yeah, I'd probably yolo, and I'm sure it would be fine.
Thank you!! I'll look into these suppliers as well.

Really though, if you’re super worried about untested overseas (a valid concern) you can buy one very overpriced vial from one of the higher touch domestic suppliers and get it in your hands this week. Use that while you wait for testing on your discount stuff. Skye and Polaris are well-respected domestic vendors (disclosure: I used to mod a peptide-related server with the guy who runs Polaris so know him fairly well, if you think that makes me biased on the matter then disregard the suggestion). It’s never ideal to trust vendor testing, but I’d definitely trust one of those guys more than the overseas sellers considering your situation.
Thank you for your reply!! Question-- I noticed it was very slow to draw out. Like reallllly slow. It's not thick is it? I drew back with a standard syringe 0.5cc/mL 50 unit syringe. Should I be inserting air before drawing up? Would that help?

Thank you for your reply!! Question-- I noticed it was very slow to draw out. Like reallllly slow. It's not thick is it? I drew back with a standard syringe 0.5cc/mL 50 unit syringe. Should I be inserting air before drawing up? Would that help?
Yes, pushing in air will fix that problem. You can remove the plunger from a syringe, pop it into the vial (this equalizes the pressure in the vial with the surrounding environment), then while the syringe is still in the vial re-insert the plunger and push in the air. That gives you one syringe worth of positive pressure inside the vial, and makes it easy to draw out the liquid.

Yes, pushing in air will fix that problem. You can remove the plunger from a syringe, pop it into the vial (this equalizes the pressure in the vial with the surrounding environment), then while the syringe is still in the vial re-insert the plunger and push in the air. That gives you one syringe worth of positive pressure inside the vial, and makes it easy to draw out the liquid.
Ahh, tysm for this! Very helpful.

I received my package from china yesterday. I'm reading everything I can, trying to gain as much knowledge as I can... I'm about to give myself my first injection and I'm terrified. I'm thinking "what am I DOING?? I'm about to inject myself with some unknown powder from CHINA?!" I got my package from amo. From the research I've done here and reddit, it's a decent company. It's just the idea of doing this, putting something unknown into my body, who knows what it could really be? No I did not send for testing. I don't have time to. I will likely send a vial for testing in the next week or so, but for now I just need my dose. I'm almost a week out from my last dose. Sorry for sounding hysterical, I'm not quite. I am just wondering, am I crazy for doing this?? Did you feel the same way when you first started grey? Thanks for any thoughts.
I feel like everyone and their uncle is pinning Amo tirz right now, and there have been a ton of third party tests done on their product within the past few months. I bought a batch during their Labor Day sale and have been using it for a few weeks now and haven't keeled over dead yet, and the med definitely works as it should. I didn't test it because of the aforementioned third party tests. Take this as you will. And yes, I had a lot of anxiety immediately after pinning my first overseas tirz.

Thank you for this reply!! Makes me feel better about being nervous!
I feel like everyone and their uncle is pinning Amo tirz right now, and there have been a ton of third party tests done on their product within the past few months. I bought a batch during their Labor Day sale and have been using it for a few weeks now and haven't keeled over dead yet, and the med definitely works as it should. I didn't test it because of the aforementioned third party tests. Take this as you will. And yes, I had a lot of anxiety immediately after pinning my first

The fear really goes away once you figure out that we're only here for a good time, not a long time.

Did you use the Polaris product? No Issues I am assuming. I was thinking of getting from them.

You are going to be ok. The first time it's scary. I was on your shoes a few weeks ago, also with an amopure order and it turned out just fine.

I feel like everyone and their uncle is pinning Amo tirz right now, and there have been a ton of third party tests done on their product within the past few months. I bought a batch during their Labor Day sale and have been using it for a few weeks now and haven't keeled over dead yet, and the med definitely works as it should. I didn't test it because of the aforementioned third party tests. Take this as you will. And yes, I had a lot of anxiety immediately after pinning my first overseas tirz.
I haven't been in this forum in awhile. Who is Amo? I've probably heard of them but its not ringing a bell. Been sticking to my preferred vendor lately, might shop around.

Back