New to grey. About to do first dose and im scared!

Just take a deep breath. I was right where you are in June 2023. I was convinced that as soon as I shot up myself, I would be passed out with a needle in my arm and my family would find me and think I was died of a heroin overdose. It is funny now but back then I really did have anxiety and even took the whole day off work in case I had complications. Fast forward, nothing happened then or at any time. The only thing that happened was weight loss.

Now it has been more than a year. I've tried all kinds of peptides. If it was that dangerous, you'd see more posts from people running to the hospital. You'd see people post warnings about what happened to them.

Yes people can have the same complications that people have from pharma meds. But honestly I don't see the same type of posts of people vomiting uncontrollably that I see on the main forums about pharma meds.

Last edited:
You know what helped my nerves was reading at Meso RX forum. The forum for bodybuilders. They will literally inject anything and everything, sketchy stuff I wouldn't even consider. And most of them are fine, physically anyway.

Regarding weight loss peptides, from me looking at a ton of tests over the past few months. It is rare that the supplier will overfill the vial with peptide.

For vials that fail testing in a bad way, it is mostly from them trying to save a few bucks by not putting the full amount of peptide in the vial, or not putting the peptide in the vial at all. I have seen vendors switch out Tirz for Sema, but that was only when Tirz first came out and Sema was cheaper, they were just trying to save a few dollars. I've also seen purity fails but that can mean anything it can just mean the peptide chains got broken, which is not necessarily dangerous it just makes it less effective.

You know what helped my nerves was reading at Meso RX forum. The forum for bodybuilders. They will literally inject anything and everything, sketchy stuff I wouldn't even consider. And most of them are fine, physically anyway.

Ditto for what it's worth, it's crazy how much the human body can take.

Most are fine in the short-term at least. There are definitely some threads on there about ones that need to go on TRT for the rest of their lives because they didn't do proper post cycle therapy or post cycle therapy no longer does anything for them.

Why would one buy from Polaris or Skye? I am trying to understand this. My local compounding pharmacy charges $413 for a month's supply of 15mg Tirzepatide. Polaris is $459/month.
If your local compounding pharmacy is cheaper then that is probably the better option. A few reasons someone might choose a pricy domestic option vs your compound pharmacy are that they aren’t aware of the option, they don’t qualify for a prescription, they don’t have access to a doctor to write the prescription, they’re at a lower dose where the cost comparison doesn’t work out the same, they don’t have a local compounding pharmacy like yours, they want something that you won’t find at a compounding pharmacy (retatrutide, cagrilintide for example)… those are a few reasons off the top of my head. The one time I used an expensive domestic option was I wanted cagrilintide and they had it in stock at a time when the overseas guys were just getting it going and quality was all over the place.

Yep, this. I'd only grab a few vials as a stop gap, and didn't want to go through a dr visit and scrip, and getting set up with everything that goes with it, when I can just grab a couple vials while I wait on international shipping, or testing, etc etc.

I've been on rx tirz since March. Lost 45 pounds. Cannot afford to keep paying $550/month but I'm still needing to lose 15-20 more pounds plus I'm probably going to need this med for life.

I received my package from china yesterday. I'm reading everything I can, trying to gain as much knowledge as I can... I'm about to give myself my first injection and I'm terrified. I'm thinking "what am I DOING?? I'm about to inject myself with some unknown powder from CHINA?!" I got my package from amo. From the research I've done here and reddit, it's a decent company. It's just the idea of doing this, putting something unknown into my body, who knows what it could really be? No I did not send for testing. I don't have time to. I will likely send a vial for testing in the next week or so, but for now I just need my dose. I'm almost a week out from my last dose. Sorry for sounding hysterical, I'm not quite. I am just wondering, am I crazy for doing this?? Did you feel the same way when you first started grey? Thanks for any thoughts.
For what it’s worth, I am following a similar path. I started on compound and have just bought my first gray.
I ordered one vial from Skye on Sunday and it will be here tomorrow. That will hold me over until my 10 vial kit arrives and I send out to test.
I think I have it figured out, and then I do more reading which inevitably prompts more questions. I am still finishing my last compound but I can 💯 feel you. It sounds just like how I feel every time I think about the dwindling security blanket in the fridge 🥹

I feel you OP, were in a very similar spot (apparently quite a few in this forum are too)
😸

I received my L5 kit on Monday and today I reconstituted a vial with 1ml hospira and took my first 2.5mg dose about two hours ago. Did not test or filter. Straight rawdogged the tirzzy.

No stinging, no ISR and no other oddities to report so far, just like when I was on compounded. Right before the dose I was gonna make a big turkey sandwich and now all I'm interested in is mowing the lawn.

I do think testing and filtering are good ideas and will be pursuing each in the future when it's financially viable for the added peace of mind.

I feel you OP, were in a very similar spot (apparently quite a few in this forum are too)
😸

I received my L5 kit on Monday and today I reconstituted a vial with 1ml hospira and took my first 2.5mg dose about two hours ago. Did not test or filter. Straight rawdogged the tirzzy.

No stinging, no ISR and no other oddities to report so far, just like when I was on compounded. Right before the dose I was gonna make a big turkey sandwich and now all I'm interested in is mowing the lawn.

I do think testing and filtering are good ideas and will be pursuing each in the future when it's financially viable for the added peace of mind.

Welcome to the forum btw!

Why would one buy from Polaris or Skye? I am trying to understand this. My local compounding pharmacy charges $413 for a month's supply of 15mg Tirzepatide. Polaris is $459/month.

I thought that compounding pharmacies are no longer legally permitted to produce tirzepatide?

Back