Not a Research Expert

nurseratchit

Research Expert
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Somewhere along the way I picked up the tag "Research Expert" next to my name. I think this is largely based on the software algorithm and maybe some of @ZippityDooDah's discretion but I'm really not sure. I have asked him to remove this moniker as I am not comfortable with it. I don't want members placing more stock in my opinions based on that moniker. Ideally, I would encourage everyone to read a variety of different viewpoints, even ones you disagree with before making important decisions for yourselves.

FWIW, I am actually a nurse, I do read a lot of research articles, gather intel about sources from more experienced members across multiple platforms and I am involved with two testing servers but, I am not that much further ahead of the game than a lot of you. I'm more like a sophomore getting good grades (so far) and I continue to increase my knowledge as much as possible.

I know many people are not going to go as deep into the weeds as I do but, in this space especially, please resist the temptation to follow any one person or discount another out of hand simply because you disagree with them or don't like them. Some will prey on your trust while the ones that annoy you may actually be dispensing valuable nuggets of hard-earned knowledge.

I know a lot of you just want to know who you can buy from with 100% certainty and the honest answer is no one. Even some of the domestic vendors have had issues. Of course, some vendors are more trustworthy than others but they are only as good as their last act so once you find a vendor that you 'trust', remember to trust but verify. Always.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20241026_175147_Samsung Internet.jpg

Nurse, I appreciate your thoughtful post, as well as your contributions on this and other platforms. I’m a PT, and am always reading the latest research in my field, which has many specialties. This new hobby has consumed all my attention this year :p
same here...when I get interested in something I go ALL IN.

I don't post for a week and just noticed that I now have one too? But it appears and disappears randomly throughout the day. I also frequently get switched between member and senior member. I also figured there's some weird stuff going on with the algorithm.

I don't post for a week and just noticed that I now have one too? But it appears and disappears randomly throughout the day. I also frequently get switched between member and senior member. I also figured there's some weird stuff going on with the algorithm.
Weird...right now it shows as Member under your name from my view. I now there's some algorithm based on engagement. But, posting more and just being here longer does not necessarily and expert make!

same here...when I get interested in something I go ALL IN.
Same here. I am a nurse too. I have spent a lot of time chasing down peer reviewed articles on peptides. I'm constantly amazed that many of the peptides aren't more generally well known.

I suspect the reason why there are not more facilities that make these and other medicines is related to regulations here in the US. Regulations for everything from purchasing the land to construction of the facility to the manufacturing process. It's a crying shame.

Go figure. 🤷‍♀️ I have been a member since January 24. I read a bunch but don't engage much so I am still a "new" member.

Weird...right now it shows as Member under your name from my view. I now there's some algorithm based on engagement. But, posting more and just being here longer does not necessarily and expert make!
Lol it's back to research expert for me, and I haven't posted anything since your comment. I'm sure the next time I log in it'll be gone again 😆 I thought I remember seeing Zippity say he assigns it manually, but with the erratic way it's acting right now I wonder if that's changed.
Screenshot_20241027-040551.png

The RE tag is a designation Zippity manually gives people (i think!). I am not certain what his criteria is but I take it to mean “this person is known to the admin of the forum and is considered to be knowledgeable enough to have informed opinions even if those aren’t opinions that said admin necessarily agrees with.” I believe he has plans for using the tag more functionally on the site, enabling types of posts that ought not be allowed to just any new signup (such as vendor reviews and other high-probability shill stuff). Anyway that’s enough of me putting words in zippity’s mouth for now.

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
59maritza
Back