PepPens

OconeeDawg

New_Member
Reaction score
So, I was reading through the Hospira BAC water availability thread, and that’s when I first heard about PepPens. Do any of you use them? If so, I’d love to hear your reviews.

So, I was reading through the Hospira BAC water availability thread, and that’s when I first heard about PepPens. Do any of you use them? If so, I’d love to hear your reviews.
I have 3 but haven’t set one up yet. Hear great things. I don’t think it’s worth using for a weekly injection, but something daily or twice a day is my plan.

Finally got around to setting my first one up today.

I did multiple tests on a cartridge I was going to throw away to see the best way for me to do this.
I also used plain water to fill test cartridge to 3ml (300 units) then did 5 "shots" with dial at 60 into bowl to verify that it would total 5 x 60units=3ml (300units)
Spoiler....It did! 😋

My Procedure...Your Milage May Vary (y)
  • Added 100 units of BAC to vial to disolve peptide.
  • Didn't want to poke a breather needle in the side of cartridge like he shows on website.
  • Didn't want to draw air out of the cartridge first because that will draw the plunger rubber up the cartridge exposing the inner tube to outside contamination.
  • Put my thumb at end of cartridge under plunger so it wouldn't be pushed out.
  • Injected the 100 units of peptide from vial.
  • Allowed the injection plunger to push back up to equalize pressure in the cartridge.
  • Needed to repeat this a couple more times because I needed a total of 250 units of BAC and the largest syringes I have is 1ml (100 units).
  • Inserted cartridge in pen and installed needle on end
  • Expelled air as shown in video
  • Did first injection with no issues and removed needle and stored pen :)

Extra notes:
Only day one but... I am very happy with how well it worked for me. Will see how it holds up over time.

I will probably order some 3ml syringes for creating these cartridges so I only have to pierce the cartridge once no matter how much BAC I need to add. As I think about this if I inject all at once I will have to use some sort of vent needle as he showed in video...will have to experiment when I get larger syringes.
Need to do more reading but...May look at a low cost ultraviolet light to place cartridge under before filling to insure it is sterile.

I have 7..lol...I really like them..he has AMAZING customer service..i ordered 2 cases and 1 was missed in my order. I emailed him and he replied within minutes and i received it in 3 days.

Finally got around to setting my first one up today.

I did multiple tests on a cartridge I was going to throw away to see the best way for me to do this.
I also used plain water to fill test cartridge to 3ml (300 units) then did 5 "shots" with dial at 60 into bowl to verify that it would total 5 x 60units=3ml (300units)
Spoiler....It did! 😋

My Procedure...Your Milage May Vary (y)
  • Added 100 units of BAC to vial to disolve peptide.
  • Didn't want to poke a breather needle in the side of cartridge like he shows on website.
  • Didn't want to draw air out of the cartridge first because that will draw the plunger rubber up the cartridge exposing the inner tube to outside contamination.
  • Put my thumb at end of cartridge under plunger so it wouldn't be pushed out.
  • Injected the 100 units of peptide from vial.
  • Allowed the injection plunger to push back up to equalize pressure in the cartridge.
  • Needed to repeat this a couple more times because I needed a total of 250 units of BAC and the largest syringes I have is 1ml (100 units).
  • Inserted cartridge in pen and installed needle on end
  • Expelled air as shown in video
  • Did first injection with no issues and removed needle and stored pen :)

Extra notes:
Only day one but... I am very happy with how well it worked for me. Will see how it holds up over time.

I will probably order some 3ml syringes for creating these cartridges so I only have to pierce the cartridge once no matter how much BAC I need to add. As I think about this if I inject all at once I will have to use some sort of vent needle as he showed in video...will have to experiment when I get larger syringes.
Need to do more reading but...May look at a low cost ultraviolet light to place cartridge under before filling to insure it is sterile.
Do you know had you dialed 70 units in the last shot when the cartridge had only 60 left, would it have stopped at 10 or have gone all the way to 0?

I went ahead and bought 1 & a "kit". Came quickly. I'm pretty excited to try it out. Reminds me of the Oz pen you can dial in.
My s20 from Amopure was just delivered yesterday so, 🤞

Yes dial stopped. The plunger bottoms out in the cartridge as it pushes the last of the liquid out...
Then you would have to look at the dial and see how much of the dose you still need to inject...
After replacing cartridge and purging air...set dial back to the dose level you still needed to give and do the rest of the dose.
Example...You are giving a 35 unit injection and the plunger stops/runs out with 13 units left...
Replace cartridge and purge air...Set dial to 13 and inject.

Extra Note:
I should also point out...at least with mine.
If I try to run the pen for testing with no cartridge installed I can dial a number and push it over and over but the plunger will not push forward. I have NOT had it not move the plunger when a cartridge is installed. So I believe there must be some kind of mechanical engagement that is engaged when you insert the cartridge and screw it back together.

Last edited:
Both Peppens and EZSupply have V1 and V2 models and neither one describes the difference, at least not that I can decipher.

Peppen V1: 3ML Cartridge compatible, up to 60 Unit/ml dosing. Pen cap.
Peppen V2: A Peptide Pen that supports up to 60 unit injections and utilizes the standard 3 ML Pen Cartridge

Which do you'all have? Is it just a cosmetic change?

The ResearchROI starter pack looks good but they are sold out of additional pens.

Thought I would post a few links to videos on working with the PepPen style Injectors in case anyone needs them for a future reference. I think most of these pens with the disposable cartridges are all pretty much identical from china so it should be the same for most if not all of them.
Have seen other videos that even use needle filters on the venting and filling syringes but this seems like overkill to me if we are using good lyophilized peptides, good BAC water, new sterile needles, good sterile cartridges and cleaning all the tops on everything with alcohol pads.

ResearchRoi Videos

PepPen Video 1

PepPen Video 2

Reddit Link with step instructions instead...but I think the videos make it easier to understand.

Back