Peptides vs Testosterone vs ?

How are YOU coping with muscle loss? Which Peptides do you use? Other muscle builders?

• Ipamorelin here.

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • CJC-1295

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • GHRP-6

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Hexamorelin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sermorelin

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Tesofensine

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Other Peptides

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I'm on TRT

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • HGH

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Anabolic Steroids

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dionysos

Reaction score

How are YOU coping with muscle loss?

Have you effectively countered it all along and don't need to worry?

Is there a peptide, hormone, secretagogue or SARMS protocol that's effective for you?

Many forum members have progressed in their weight loss journey to Maintenance or near it.
I'm currently within about 8 pounds of Goal Weight and along with the undoubted Joy of a new wardrobe I also experience the less pleasant reality of Muscle Loss. I KNOW there are others here with similar or better results than my own...

Come Out, Come Out and Talk To Us!

Have you effectively countered it all along and don't need an assist?
Is there a peptide, hormone, secretagogue or SARM that you use effectively?

Inquiring Minds Want to Know

-----
Despite being a deceptive and biased marketing tool to cleverly steer researchers to vendors who pay for each click, Petides.org occasionally produces useful content. Below is a relevant, accessible article on Peptides vs Hormones for those new to the subject:

Last edited:
So my experience is, I have countered it by going to the gym on a regular basis and picking up and putting down heavy circles 😀.

My thoughts on Testosterone, SARMs etc., is that there's a significant downside to supplementation if your test levels aren't already low. It's normally a lifetime decision to supplement because supplementation crashes your natural test levels if they're normal. SARMs have their own negatives from boosting blood glucose levels to crashing your test levels.

My advice, take it with a grain of salt, if you have low testosterone, go and do TRT etc. If your levels are normal, go to the gym if you are capable of the physical work. If you can't go to the gym for whatever reason, enjoy your weight loss 👍.

Supplementation isn't a magic shot, you'll still need to do something to rebuild the muscle you've lost. Whatever your decision, congrats on your successful journey!

I've never considered taking anything like that because I'm a woman, but previously when I lost weight, as well as starting on this journey, I have also just made sure to incorporate a strength program.

I'm fairly positive I'm not losing muscle this time around (although I'm only about 13lbs down) because I am doing a hypertrophy program and have so far been able to increase my weights by 1.25lbs-2.5lbs per week (although I know that will stop at a certain point at which point I will maintain whatever weight I'm lifting!). While I will have a couple deload weeks between programs, I intend to keep this up through my weight loss and beyond.

So my experience is, I have countered it by going to the gym on a regular basis and picking up and putting down heavy circles 😀.

My thoughts on Testosterone, SARMs etc., is that there's a significant downside to supplementation if your test levels aren't already low. It's normally a lifetime decision to supplement because supplementation crashes your natural test levels if they're normal. SARMs have their own negatives from boosting blood glucose levels to crashing your test levels.

My advice, take it with a grain of salt, if you have low testosterone, go and do TRT etc. If your levels are normal, go to the gym if you are capable of the physical work. If you can't go to the gym for whatever reason, enjoy your weight loss 👍.

Supplementation isn't a magic shot, you'll still need to do something to rebuild the muscle you've lost. Whatever your decision, congrats on your successful journey!
The crashing of T production is more nuanced than that. First off, it's not like it's magically suppressed to 0 the moment you snort some sarms - It's very dosage/compound dependent.

And it is (usually) not permanent, very rarely so actually if you follow a proper PCT protocol.

I'm not saying there are no risks, but this is among the smaller risks. Testosterone has also been tested as a male contraception, though discontinued because of the large doses necessary and the "hit and miss" effect. So just based off that, you can guess that it's not a death sentence to take some.

That said, if you have normal T levels, and no burning desire to build bigger muscle and lift heavy stuff - it probably isn't for you - Though it could in many cases be a very good aid for weight loss while maintaining and building muscle mass, but more so for those that has already lost significant weight, or whose starting isn't too high bodyfat% wise. Since side effects tend to increase with obesity

The crashing of T production is more nuanced than that. First off, it's not like it's magically suppressed to 0 the moment you snort some sarms - It's very dosage/compound dependent.

And it is (usually) not permanent, very rarely so actually if you follow a proper PCT protocol.

I'm not saying there are no risks, but this is among the smaller risks. Testosterone has also been tested as a male contraception, though discontinued because of the large doses necessary and the "hit and miss" effect. So just based off that, you can guess that it's not a death sentence to take some.

That said, if you have normal T levels, and no burning desire to build bigger muscle and lift heavy stuff - it probably isn't for you - Though it could in many cases be a very good aid for weight loss while maintaining and building muscle mass, but more so for those that has already lost significant weight, or whose starting isn't too high bodyfat% wise. Since side effects tend to increase with obesity
I'll agree with everything you've said. Understandably, nothing will crash your test to zero, but it will significantly affect your natural test levels and for a long time without a correct protocol to restart your natural test.

My advice is based primarily on the basis that we humans are lazy 😂. Jumping in without understanding that you need a PCT protocol to come off test and some SARMs, and that you should be getting labs done regularly can be significantly detrimental to your health. It's just not the same to tritating up on tirz/sema etc.

Then there's the fact that you still have to put in the work to build the muscle on TRT, most people would be better off just adding some resistance training to their program.

EDIT: I'm also not saying don't do TRT or SARMs. Do what you want, but go into it with your eyes open and educated.

Last edited:
I've never considered taking anything like that because I'm a woman, but previously when I lost weight, as well as starting on this journey, I have also just made sure to incorporate a strength program.

I'm fairly positive I'm not losing muscle this time around (although I'm only about 13lbs down) because I am doing a hypertrophy program and have so far been able to increase my weights by 1.25lbs-2.5lbs per week (although I know that will stop at a certain point at which point I will maintain whatever weight I'm lifting!). While I will have a couple deload weeks between programs, I intend to keep this up through my weight loss and beyond.
That's awesome 👍. Focus on your body changes rather than the scale. I bet you'll see belt, waist, and body size changes before significant drops on the scale.

I'm not even that concerned about muscle loss. I want to be able to do a substantial calorie deficit and still feel good. I'm finding T, R and C don't alleviate the hunger continually when i'm fasting. There are definitely ups and downs with severe hunger.

I'm taking the tesamorelin and am not convinced it's very effective. I need to give it more time i guess. Taking HGH would probably be the next level as it puts the hormone directly in your body skipping the pit gland. But, I want to try HCG first as there is some established 500 calorie diet it works well with and it's easier on the body.

this is how i see the progression.
T
R
C
R&C
R&C&TESA
R&C&HCG
R&C&HCG&HGH

Then figure out later if i really have the nerve to mess around with test and steroids. Somebody let me know if I'm out of my mind. Oh wait, y'all already have.

I'm not even that concerned about muscle loss. I want to be able to do a substantial calorie deficit and still feel good. I'm finding T, R and C don't alleviate the hunger continually when i'm fasting. There are definitely ups and downs with severe hunger.

I'm taking the tesamorelin and am not convinced it's very effective. I need to give it more time i guess. Taking HGH would probably be the next level as it puts the hormone directly in your body skipping the pit gland. But, I want to try HCG first as there is some established 500 calorie diet it works well with and it's easier on the body.

T
R
C
R&C
R&C&TESA
R&C&HCG
R&C&HCG&HGH

Then figure out later if i really have the nerve to mess around with test and steroids. Somebody let me know if I'm out of my mind. Oh wait, y'all already have.
It is mos def too late for YOU, Raw. /s

T
R
C
R&C
R&C&TESA
R&C&HCG
R&C&HCG&HGH

I don’t really understand the purpose of the hcg. Can you elaborate what you take it for?

HCG drives your bodies natural release of test. It also helps with the functioning of the parts down below.

It's a big part of a PCT protocol usually, but you can use it as part of TRT.

Have you effectively countered it all along and don't need to worry?

Is there a peptide, hormone, secretagogue or SARMS protocol that's effective for you?

Many forum members have progressed in their weight loss journey to Maintenance or near it.
I'm currently within about 8 pounds of Goal Weight and along with the undoubted Joy of a new wardrobe I also experience the less pleasant reality of Muscle Loss. I KNOW there are others here with similar or better results than my own...

Come Out, Come Out and Talk To Us!

Have you effectively countered it all along and don't need an assist?
Is there a peptide, hormone, secretagogue or SARM that you use effectively?

Inquiring Minds Want to Know

-----
Despite being a deceptive and biased marketing tool to cleverly steer researchers to vendors who pay for each click, Petides.org occasionally produces useful content. Below is a relevant, accessible article on Peptides vs Hormones for those new to the subject:

I miss there choice SARMs
EDIT: specifically Ostarine is under research to be used with Sema to maintain muscle mass

Last edited:
I don’t really understand the purpose of the hcg. Can you elaborate what you take it for?
Some people take it long term to boost natural testosterone, which is not very smart, is it?
HCG should be taken during TRT (in low dose once per week) to maintain testicular function, or at least only during PCT, not as a stand-alone.

Some people take it long term to boost natural testosterone, which is not very smart, is it?
HCG should be taken during TRT (in low dose once per week) to maintain testicular function, or at least only during PCT, not as a stand-alone.
wait a minute. Google HCG diet or HCG weight loss. It's a stand-alone thing. A big thing.

wait a minute. Google HCG diet or HCG weight loss. It's a stand-alone thing. A big thing.
I know about it, but that someone discuss it on reddit doesn't mean its a good thing
HCG is best to use during TRT together with testosterone but in low dose only and once per week, or you can get desensitization and dependence + other issues
EDIT: 2x weekly dosing is also still OK and common, but not everyday use

Last edited:
I googled it, I'm out. 500 calories! It's not the HCG that making you lose weight at that type of calorie deficit.

You got this without that process. Keep on the tirz/reta/carg wagon. Maybe a little HGH if you want, but make sure you're getting your labs done regularly.

Last edited:
TRT been there..done that. Now looking at peptides to increase testosterone levels, plan on researching FOXO4-DRI and TB500:

FOXO4-DRI: FOXO4-DRI alleviates age-related testosterone secretion insufficiency by targeting senescent Leydig cells in aged mice

TB500: Thymosin stimulates secretion of luteinizing hormone-releasing factor

Kisspeptin?

Last edited:

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Squirt82
Back