Pharmacists & Compounders Speak On Shortage, Express Concerns About Research Peptides

This hit a nerve with me as well. This system is so screwed and I feel like by being here and researching I am fighting back.

This whole experience has really made upset me with the US healthcare system (its not the only thing). Eli saying that compounded meds are bad while overcharging us is insane. The only reason I am moving to researching these chemicals is because of their pricing.

Semaglutide / mo
US: 936
Canada: 147
UK: 93

Why is it ten times more expensive here? Because it can be. I have held for a while now that the US is subsidizing these other countries medical costs because we do not negotiate like other countries. UK wants a lower price? Fine we will up the price in the US. They should not able to charge the US more than any G7 country.

In general a US patient cannot get these drugs through insurance unless they are diabetic. If you're pre-diabetic your're going to have to wait. If your morbidly obese but not diabetic, sorry, eat more sugar.

These drugs should be thought of as preventive care and covered as such.
It's just crazy, I'm in Canada and here it's considered a very expensive medication.

Each time I went to my pharmacy you could see the face of the cashier that said : what the fuck this is so expensive

And also each time I got asked : you don't have insurance for that?! Poor you that's very expensive to pay out of pocket

Reason why? Because most people get out the pharmacies here with like a 5$ receipt

It's not even cheaper because the government pays for it (because they don't as much as I know). US just gets ripped off and fucked hard just because Elli Lilly can

It's just crazy, I'm in Canada and here it's considered a very expensive medication.

Each time I went to my pharmacy you could see the face of the cashier that said : what the fuck this is so expensive

And also each time I got asked : you don't have insurance for that?! Poor you that's very expensive to pay out of pocket

Reason why? Because most people get out the pharmacies here with like a 5$ receipt

It's not even cheaper because the government pays for it (because they don't as much as I know). US just gets ripped off and fucked hard just because Elli Lilly can
Because many of our politicians in the United States have ties to these companies. A quick google search might make some people sick if they didn't already know.

Because many of our politicians in the United States have ties to these companies. A quick google search might make some people sick if they didn't already know.

I think it's also important to add that there is a strong anti-government sentiment that makes the kind of reforms that have been mentioned in this thread difficult enact. Some people are very sensitive to anything that could framed as "government overreach".

Back