Positive side-effects

ZippityDooDah

Gonkulator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm curious how many people have experienced positive side-effects on tirzepatide?

Since starting I have pretty much given up alcohol, I feel like I'm almost ready to quit smoking, my tinnitus seems to have improved slightly, and I definitely feel like it's improved my ADHD.

Obviously the weight loss has had a positive side-effect on many aspects including aches and pains, flexibility, and just being easier to do every day things, but there's definitely more to this med than the impacts on blood sugar and weight.

Omg. I've completely been able to stop taking both my ADHD meds and my RA (rheumatoid arthritis) meds!! I feel amazing and focused. So many positive changes have come since I started these meds back in dec 22. I'm actually kind of terrified to hit my goal weight and have to roll back my dosage and possibly lose that part.

I’m anxiously awaiting for the nicotine & alcohol cravings to subside; I really hope as increase my dose, it’ll be easier. I’ve decreased my consumption but it’s through very conscientious decision making. Historically, I’ve only ever lost weight when I’ve quit drinking.

I'm curious how many people have experienced positive side-effects on tirzepatide?

Since starting I have pretty much given up alcohol, I feel like I'm almost ready to quit smoking, my tinnitus seems to have improved slightly, and I definitely feel like it's improved my ADHD.

Obviously the weight loss has had a positive side-effect on many aspects including aches and pains, flexibility, and just being easier to do every day things, but there's definitely more to this med than the impacts on blood sugar and weight.
When did you notice the declined desire for alcohol? What dose are you at?

All of the above!

Definitely lowered cravings of all kinds- I used to battle sugar craving like an addict.
Now I just get what I think is normal taste cravings when I’m actually hungry.
I’m ok with 1 drink if we are out to dinner (vs what used to be a couple a night every weekend).
I have a ton more focus and energy through my day.
I feel like my skin feels softer and that my face looks a little younger? Maybe just wishful thinking there.

I try to focus on all these non scale victories to keep me going when I feel like I have so far to go weight wise.

I’m anxiously awaiting for the nicotine & alcohol cravings to subside; I really hope as increase my dose, it’ll be easier. I’ve decreased my consumption but it’s through very conscientious decision making. Historically, I’ve only ever lost weight when I’ve quit drinking.
It hasn’t magically taken away my love of wine either but the acid reflux was almost unbearable so that may be what curbs my intake the

It’s the acid reflux for me too! Like the moment I take a sip. I don’t even know how it’s feasible. I had to prop my whole body up to sleep like when I was pregnant and I already take omeprazole. Oof. That’s curbed my intake even if my love of wine including the taste hasn’t gone away at all.

When did you notice the declined desire for alcohol? What dose are you at?
It started about my third week on 2.5mg MJ pens. My nightly extra large cocktail ended up being poured down the drain after just a few sips and then sitting on the table looking abandoned several times; by the following week I just stopped making it.

On top of that, I had two shots of bourbon at the neighbor's probably my 3rd week into 5mg SAF and I literally lost the next 24 hours to nausea (not hangover nausea either, 500x worse!). Since then I've only had one beer here or there, and even then they didn't agree with me very well. the TZ must alter how my liver processes the sugars and so I just stopped tempting fate.

It started about my third week on 2.5mg MJ pens. My nightly extra large cocktail ended up being poured down the drain after just a few sips and then sitting on the table looking abandoned several times; by the following week I just stopped making it.

On top of that, I had two shots of bourbon at the neighbor's probably my 3rd week into 5mg SAF and I literally lost the next 24 hours to nausea (not hangover nausea either, 500x worse!). Since then I've only had one beer here or there, and even then they didn't agree with me very well. the TZ must alter how my liver processes the sugars and so I just stopped tempting fate.
Oh, I 100% feel like shit after I drink while on Tirz. I’ve decreased my consumption from a bottle a night down to once a week now but my brain just can’t let go of the once a week. I just took my first 5mg (also SAF) this week. Fingers crossed the higher dose helps me get over this mental hump.

I have similar reduction in desire for alcohol as described above. Another weird one: I used to have a habit of biting my nails which has gone away. On the negative side, I used to get really excited about various things and now I feel like I'm faking excitement sometimes. Obviously this could be about food and cooking a meal but other things too. For example, going out to a concert or travel now seems like a hassle rather than something I'm really excited about. Not sure if this is just a cycle thing that will change or if it is the Tirzapatide.

I never really bit my nails, but If they got a little long I may have partaken.

Completely gone.

Also when I first started my libido went into the tank hard.

I am on 2.5mg weekly but micro dosing. Beer just didn't taste the same so I have stopped drinking. I drank a higher avb beer and got the biggest headache after it. (I also took MOTS-C) I am sad because I make my own beer at home and won't enjoy it like before.

Although I am not losing weight, my blood sugar has stopped spiking and has been stable .

There is some evidence that GLP-1 agonists may help reduce cardiovascular risk factors like high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and inflammation.

These drugs may work by improving insulin sensitivity and reducing blood glucose levels, which can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.

Additionally, they may help reduce atherosclerosis, which is the build-up of plaque in the arteries that can lead to heart disease. And some studies have even suggested that GLP-1 agonists may reduce the risk of stroke. Of course, more research is needed to confirm these findings.

There is some evidence that GLP-1 agonists may help reduce cardiovascular risk factors like high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and inflammation.

These drugs may work by improving insulin sensitivity and reducing blood glucose levels, which can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.

Additionally, they may help reduce atherosclerosis, which is the build-up of plaque in the arteries that can lead to heart disease. And some studies have even suggested that GLP-1 agonists may reduce the risk of stroke. Of course, more research is needed to confirm these findings.
Before this med I was 155 BP constantly.

130 now. Also 30lbs down

130 now. Also 30lbs down

130 now. Also 30lbs down

Interestingly the SURMOUNT-2 studies expressed some concerns about the effect of tirzepatide on blood pressure, including the potential for an unsafe drop in blood pressure for people with already low blood pressure, as well as dizziness and fainting.

130 now. Also 30lbs down
What's crazy is that the stupid medical establishment still considers 130 systolic as too high.

When I took paramedic training back in a previous century, the common standard for "normal" systolic BP was 100+a persons age and <100 diastolic. It was only considered high if systolic was more then 10% above the norm or if diastolic was >100. Then they lowered the hypertension threshold to 140 systolic, and when they couldn't get enough people paying for blood pressure meds they came up with this stage 1/stage 2 BS and lowered it again to 130.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SetSetSet
Back