Reconstituting agent for Cagrilintide

Christine S

Reaction score
I'm looking for something other that bactrostatic water for Cagrilintide. The agent needs to have a ph of 4. Any suggestions?

Unfortunately the pH of whatever is being used to reconstitute cag is not necessarily going to have the desired effect depending on what buffers may have been used to control pH prior to lyophilization. Best bet is to use BAC, test the pH, and then try to adjust as necessary with acetic acid. Depending on who produced it, it may reconstitute to the proper pH without any problem.

Probably just local site pain & irritation but could also result in tissue damage. Some drugs will solidify if not within their pH range which would make them ineffective and you could get little hard deposits (granulomas) under the skin. I am not familiar enough with cagri to know if that’s an issue.

Unfortunately the pH of whatever is being used to reconstitute cag is not necessarily going to have the desired effect depending on what buffers may have been used to control pH prior to lyophilization. Best bet is to use BAC, test the pH, and then try to adjust as necessary with acetic acid. Depending on who produced it, it may reconstitute to the proper pH without any problem.
I have checked the ph. twice now and it's at 6 after being reconstituted. I have heard that it is still good for about a month, but any longer than that can actually cause health problems?

PREMISE 2: When fibrils are injected SQ, it will find its way all over your body such as your brain tissue. PREMISE 3: The fibrils that are deposited in the brain tissue cause Alzheimer's. In short, the concern was: going from premise 1 to premise 3, if you reconstitute your Cagri at pH above 4, are you putting yourself at high risk for Alzheimer's? This is what I have been researching

PREMISE 2: When fibrils are injected SQ, it will find its way all over your body such as your brain tissue. PREMISE 3: The fibrils that are deposited in the brain tissue cause Alzheimer's. In short, the concern was: going from premise 1 to premise 3, if you reconstitute your Cagri at pH above 4, are you putting yourself at high risk for Alzheimer's? This is what I have been researching

I had this exact same concern and question based on the research I did. It was a bunch of complex and abstract stuff and I’m not a chemist so but I arrived with the same question basically about the fibrils. Again I’m not qualified to answer it. Would be pretty crazy though if just 2 PH degree difference would be this crucial to risk Alzheimer’s. Kinda makes the entire drug seem sketchy regardless lol.

I found a study, but it is just an overview of the topic;

Does anyone have a link to some actual research to back up these claims about Alzheimer's risk etc?

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ItzJay
Back