Sema removed from Compounding?

Trying to have FDA label it is as demonstrably complex to compound would prevent all compounding. This process usually takes 12-18 months, so not anytime soon.
Glad we have research peps!

On another note, Eli Lilly is thinking ahead with Retatrutide and already filed to have it labeled as a biological, this would also prevent compounding out of the gate when it goes retail in 2026.

It's all about making all the profits. But that is why they are in the drug business.

Trying to have FDA label it is as demonstrably complex to compound would prevent all compounding. This process usually takes 12-18 months, so not anytime soon.

On another note, Eli Lilly is thinking ahead with Retatrutide and already filed to have it labeled as a biological, this would also prevent compounding out of the gate when it goes retail in 2026.

It's all about making all the profits. But that is why they are in the drug business.
And yet, it is so very obviously not complex to compound. If the FDA allows the classification of Reta as a biologic, it seems they are full of it. From what I read, biological have to be derived from living cells and tissues and can’t by lyophilized in a lab, which we already know is absolutely possible.

I assume having one component of CagriSema already on the demonstrably complex to compound list, should they succeed in getting it classified as such, would make it much easier to argue the same for future products that they release.

Expect to see every trick in the book pulled out in an attempt to keep this cash cow, aka the American people, paying full price for all of their current and future products. Makes me wonder what lengths they will go to prevent people from using gray market products if enough people move over to them :unsure:

And yet, it is so very obviously not complex to compound. If the FDA allows the classification of Reta as a biologic, it seems they are full of it. From what I read, biological have to be derived from living cells and tissues and can’t by lyophilized in a lab, which we already know is absolutely possible.

Exactly! It’s been so easy to compound it’s been done for over two years without any issue, at least not with respect to the pharmacies following USP guidelines.

And I don’t see FDA classifying Reta as a biologic. They already rejected that request, and EL sued HHS (FDA’s parent agency) over it, and FDA is holding firm.

I assume having one component of CagriSema already on the demonstrably complex to compound list, should they succeed in getting it classified as such, would make it much easier to argue the same for future products that they release.

Expect to see every trick in the book pulled out in an attempt to keep this cash cow, aka the American people, paying full price for all of their current and future products. Makes me wonder what lengths they will go to prevent people from using gray market products if enough people move over to them :unsure:
I doubt there's anything realistically they can do to stop China

It's sad really when you think how many people it could help, and illnesses it could prevent, and even worse how cheap it is to make, that they won't make it readily available.. They really don't care about us at all lol
Yep. Imagine if Jonas Salk gate kept the polio vaccine for profit!

This is shameful.

I honestly think the govt should seize the patent under eminent domain (which includes paying fair price for it) and let the ppl have cheap access via generics.

Would save money day one vs the other medical issues currently treating and long term it’s a no brainer.

I agree. Governments around the world should pay off the pharma guys and save lives with cheap generics.

Yep. Imagine if Jonas Salk gate kept the polio vaccine for profit!

This is shameful.

I honestly think the govt should seize the patent under eminent domain (which includes paying fair price for it) and let the ppl have cheap access via generics.

Would save money day one vs the other medical issues currently treating and long term it’s a no brainer.
As much as I want to agree because F big pharma, that would set a horrible precedent for innovation in this country. Most of the groundbreaking medical research is done here for a multitude of reasons, key among them is the promise of return on investment (profit) 🤑.

A good compromise IMO would be for the government to work out a reasonable price and use the entire pool of potential customers, aka the population, to work out a reasonable price each year like other countries do. Unfortunately, it's more than likely another pipe dream as that would require us to fix our insurance and medical industry first 🙃

Back