Short break for vacation?

YoYoFat

New_Member
Reaction score
In a few months, RS will be taking a 2-week vacation. The place RS is going, and part of the point of the trip, is to eat and imbibe. It's one of those countries where gluttony is kinda the point. :)

RS wants to thoroughly enjoy themselves and not be held back by the brain and gut under the influence of a GLP-1.

RS is on a low dose. Does RS just not take it before the trip, and start back on a slightly lower dose upon return?

In a few months, RS will be taking a 2-week vacation. The place RS is going, and part of the point of the trip, is to eat and imbibe. It's one of those countries where gluttony is kinda the point. :)

RS wants to thoroughly enjoy themselves and not be held back by the brain and gut under the influence of a GLP-1.

RS is on a low dose. Does RS just not take it before the trip, and start back on a slightly lower dose upon return?
I went on an 8 night cruise last month. I stayed on my med routine and lost weight. Couldn’t believe it. But if I was going to somewhere like Thailand, I’d be pausing my shot. Enjoy your vacation and the amazing food you will have.

I did it on name brand ozempic. Sometimes you just want to kick back and stuff your face. No issues for me when I did it.

I stopped when I had covid. I didn't think I could handle more fatigue. I didn't do a dose adjustment but it was only one week I skipped.

Not sure how much weight you've lost, but two weeks isn't going to make or break you. It takes what, a 3500 calorie surplus to gain one pound of fat? Most weight you gain on your vacation will be water retention from all the extra carbs and salt you'll be ingesting. Life is all about living, enjoy your vacation and go back to your routine when you return.

I did this recently for a trip to Japan, both so I could enjoy the ramen and because Japanese customs isn’t known for its love of mystery powders. It was no problem, just went cold turkey for two weeks and picked up where I left off upon return. The ramen was yummy and it reminded me how much insatiable appetite isn’t a fun thing to live with.

I did this recently for a trip to Japan, both so I could enjoy the ramen and because Japanese customs isn’t known for its love of mystery powders. It was no problem, just went cold turkey for two weeks and picked up where I left off upon return. The ramen was yummy and it reminded me how much insatiable appetite isn’t a fun thing to live with.
how long do you think you would need to be off tirz cold turkey before needing to titrate back up to where you left off (assuming on a 10mg-15mg higher dose)? i might go on a trek for 4-6 weeks sometime next year and wondering how i should approach it. is the half life left in our system the key thing or just previous experience tolerating the drug at these levels? sorry i know you're not a doctor, i just don't happen to meet with him until january and your comment has me curious now.

Oh man we loved Japan and the ramen shops

The only time I stopped was a few weeks prior to a colonoscopy as per the doc's request. I am on Ozempic so I did not have to explain anything... I restarted as usual.

Have people successfully stopped 4-5 weeks and restarted again at lower dosages again? Did it work?

Back