So like, how much of a stockpile do you have of your peptides?

As long as we don’t end up on Dateline, I’m good!
1729932507796.png

Don't use those 3d printed cases. They're brittle and full of microplastics. Get yourself a pelican case and silicone vial holders. I have a 3d printer and I would never use 3d printed anything for eating let alone medical stuff. You can't see it but 3d printed items are brittle and you can sand it with your fingers alone.
Do you have a link to your favorite vial holder?

UH-OH

I just opened my 24oz food thermos to add some recently purchased kits and realized it will only hold about four-kits (with a desiccant pack, maybe 5 without). I have at least 6 more kits of various peps either already received or inbound in the next couple of weeks. This means I would need at least two more storage thermos's. I am certain my wife will not be a fan of me taking up all of that freezer space.

So yea, I just bought this dedicated Pep freezer from Amazon The listing says it goes down to -20 but we'll see. At least it has a lock....

UH-OH

I just opened my 24oz food thermos to add some recently purchased kits and realized it will only hold about four-kits (with a desiccant pack, maybe 5 without). I have at least 6 more kits of various peps either already received or inbound in the next couple of weeks. This means I would need at least two more storage thermos's. I am certain my wife will not be a fan of me taking up all of that freezer space.

So yea, I just bought this dedicated Pep freezer from Amazon The listing says it goes down to -20 but we'll see. At least it has a lock....

I bit the bullet and purchased a Honeywell manual defrost mini freezer from Home Depot a few months back. Works pretty well for my needs. Has a lock on it also. I put a thermostat in it to see how well it maintained temperature and it averages about -11°. Bounces between -10.4° and -11.7°.

I bit the bullet and purchased a Honeywell manual defrost mini freezer from Home Depot a few months back. Works pretty well for my needs. Has a lock on it also. I put a thermostat in it to see how well it maintained temperature and it averages about -11°. Bounces between -10.4° and -11.7°.
I did the exact same thing (but some off brand amazon). Mine is 1.1cuft and is currently running it's initial freeze.

I am still storing in thermos' and in fact just bought a couple more that should be here today. I'm thinking that these tiny freezers have huge temp swings when you open them. It could also keep the peps frozen for about 10 hours if the power goes out or freezer dies.

I also have notifications setup if the temp goes above zero degrees:

My Govee temperature command center:
1729956094493.png

Actually the lowest I could find today is $1057/box Mounjaro so a dose of 2.5mg is $105.7/mg. (TL 10mg/bx) 3845mg Tirz would be $406,417!!

At @ITBioChemNerd's dose of 5mg $203,209!! And that's just Tirz
Crazy! And at latest prices it would cost “us” under $2k.

That’s just not ok. I feel horrible for everyone being denied this life saving med.

Interesting. I’m anti social media so I’m never ever on Facebook. Might have to see if I can find one. Anonymous forums are more my jam 😜
I very much understand. The thing about FB is that you can sign up with any email address and not use your real identity. Facebook Marketplace is absolutely the place to get used equipment (I work with very large machines and keep at least one spare in my warehouse at all times, with 3 actively running full time) so it makes sense that medical freezers are listed for relatively cheap. It's also a great place for groups that offer support for learning new things, especially when you are female and working to learn a male-dominated area of expertise. I found myself a bit unwelcome on industry-specific forums outside of FB. Everything can have a use, even Facebook :)

And people wonder why EL and NN are on a crusade to stop compounding + gray.
Right, with EL and NN you go from "big ass a house" to "I coulda bought a house" getting healthy!

For shits and giggles I Google the cost of medications being advertised on television... Many of them make Mounjaro/Ozempic etc look like bargains.
  • Rinvoq $7812/mo
  • Dupixent $5000/mo
  • Skyrizi $11,382/mo
  • Humira $9065/mo
  • Keytruda $11,564 (3wk dose!)
  • Taltz $5690/mo

Right, with EL and NN you go from "big ass a house" to "I coulda bought a house" getting healthy!

For shits and giggles I Google the cost of medications being advertised on television... Many of them make Mounjaro/Ozempic etc look like bargains.
  • Rinvoq $7812/mo
  • Dupixent $5000/mo
  • Skyrizi $11,382/mo
  • Humira $9065/mo
  • Taltz $5690/mo
good ol immunotherapy biologics, lol. i've used several of these listed drugs. they are miracle drugs, but holy shit the price.

• Rinvoq $7812/mo
  • Dupixent $5000/mo
  • Skyrizi $11,382/mo
  • Humira $9065/mo
  • Taltz $5690/mo

Now compare the number of people taking each drug you listed and compare it to percentage of obese / overweight people on the planet. Also account for the cost of manufacturing each of those vs a peptide (peptides are way cheaper).

Also, Dupixent is an extra grand and a half for the higher dose. I only know because I'm on it 💀

I did the exact same thing (but some off brand amazon). Mine is 1.1cuft and is currently running it's initial freeze.

I am still storing in thermos' and in fact just bought a couple more that should be here today. I'm thinking that these tiny freezers have huge temp swings when you open them. It could also keep the peps frozen for about 10 hours if the power goes out or freezer dies.

I also have notifications setup if the temp goes above zero degrees:

My Govee temperature command center:
View attachment 3199
Does my freezer have a temp swing when opened, yes. It it significant enough IMO, no. The peaks in the picture show when I opened it to get something out or add something in, even when opened the freezer was still below freezing level.

Attachments

• IMG_6505.jpeg
    IMG_6505.jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 0
Back