Storage and Using Peptides / BAC Water

Jmac77

Reaction score
I don’t know if this has been posted before, so apologies if this is a repeat of a previous post:

I want to know the proper way to store BAC water and extend its shelf life. From what I know, your are supposed to store at BAC water at room temp, and toss it out after 30 days once first used. I know it’s really cheap compared to peptides but I don’t want to re order and toss out a bunch of left over BAC water.

Secondly, I currently have my peptide powder in the freezer for long term storage. I was thinking about reconstituting a few vials and refreezing them. Is this possible with out damaging the integrity of the peptides?

Lastly, I warm up my reconstituted peptides (from the fridge) to room temp prior to use, and then put the vial back in the fridge. Is this damaging the integrity of the peptides?

People have spent way too much energy arguing about this, when frankly, it's not going to make much difference.

I store BAC unopened in a cool, dark place. I refrigerate it after opening. I use good sterile technique, and have used BAC water that was first opened a year ago with no ill effects.

Do NOT however, freeze reconstituted peptides. Keep it as powder until ready to use. I keep my unreconstitued peptides in a cool dark place, but the freezer or refrigerator would be fine too.

Letting your peptides come to room temp is unlikely to have any clinical effect. If you're concerned, draw up your dose, then let your syringe come to room temp instead of the whole vial.

cool dark place is a good precaution, but I would still stick to the 30 day rule

cool dark place is a good precaution, but I would still stick to the 30 day rule
The 28-day labelling rule was devised for a different use case than ours - a high volume "multi-patient/multi-use" paradigm to minimize cross-patient infection.

Our use case "single patient/multi-use" clearly does not have a cross-patient infection risk. Until fairly recently there was no label expiry requirement for disposal of bacteriostatic water in our type of usage.

The labelling requirement came into effect because of improper use of the product by staff in institutions where single-patient/multi-use B. Water product was being used in high volume multi-patient/multi-use environments; large infection outbreaks occurred.

So, FROM NO EXPIRY DATE to a 28-day expiry in usage that does not resemble ours at all. I'm happy to use my HOSPIRA vials for about 4-5 months before tossing them.

Always remember that I am a SCIENTIST - a computer scientist! I have no medical qualification to make recommendations at all so I don't. I CAN READ though, and this information I observed online at the FDA website. See For Yourself.

Last edited:
This is good discussion as I’m still learning. Once a vial is reconstituted, would it be fine in the refrigerator for say a 28 day cycle with 4 doses pulled from the vial?

The 28-day labelling rule was devised for a different use case than ours - a high volume "multi-patient/multi-use" paradigm to minimize cross-patient infection.

Our use case "single patient/multi-use" clearly does not have a cross-patient infection risk. Until fairly recently there was no label expiry requirement for disposal of bacteriostatic water in our type of usage.

The labelling requirement came into effect because of improper use of the product by staff in institutions where single-patient/multi-use B. Water product was being used in high volume multi-patient/multi-use environments; large infection outbreaks occurred.

So, FROM NO EXPIRY DATE to a 28-day expiry in usage that does not resemble ours at all. I'm happy to use my HOSPIRA vials for about 4-5 months before tossing them.

Always remember that I am a SCIENTIST - a computer scientist! I have no medical qualification to make recommendations at all so I don't. I CAN READ though, and this information I observed online at the FDA website. See For Yourself.
I don't doubt you, but do you have any type of source for that?

This is good discussion as I’m still learning. Once a vial is reconstituted, would it be fine in the refrigerator for say a 28 day cycle with 4 doses pulled from the vial?
Riskier than the average bear am I, I do admit it.
I have used reconstituted peptides that were more than 90 days old and noticed no diminuition of efficacy when compared with newly reconstituted peptides from the same batch.

With my totally inadequate college biochemistry instruction long forgot, I have read that LP1 short chain amino acids (being analogs of endogenous human hormones) DO NOT degrade to toxic substances. They are simply likely to be less efficacious, my favorite Lake Wobegon adjective, and so I am not anxious in the slightest about mature peptides.

Obligatory: I'm not a Doctor, you shouldn't listen to me, I don't make recommendations - I simply read-observe-and-report what happened etc etc

REALLY! If you want FACTS dispensed by an educated professional instead of an old coonass with a Research Alligator living in a plastic kiddie poll in his basement - I suggest you look elsewhere!

Last edited:
I don't doubt you, but do you have any type of source for that?
Of course I do @GLP69 !

But because I'm sipping Angel's Envy bourbon on the rocks early in the afternoon I'm not going to supply it to you out of spite at your impudence

Spend an hour or so of your own time looking it up like I did.
Here's a hint: FDA.

Last edited:
Secondly, I currently have my peptide powder in the freezer for long term storage. I was thinking about reconstituting a few vials and refreezing them. Is this possible with out damaging the integrity of the peptides?
This deserves a longer and better answer than I can properly formulate at this moment.
I'll simply say DO NOT FREEZE RECONSTITUTED PEPTIDES.
Lastly, I warm up my reconstituted peptides (from the fridge) to room temp prior to use, and then put the vial back in the fridge. Is this damaging the integrity of the peptides?
Probably not, but why?
I've done it both ways and cannot detect any difference in how the injection feels - cold or warm.

I don’t see how freezing a peptide even reconstituted would harm it…….

The 28 day rule also was done because manufacturers only have to guarantee the solution will be bacteriostatic for 28 days…… vaccines are exempt from this requirement.

Of course I do @GLP69 !

But because I'm sipping Angel's Envy bourbon on the rocks early in the afternoon I'm not going to supply it to you out of spite at your impudence

Spend an hour or so of your own time looking it up like I did.
Here's a hint: FDA.
didn't mean to offend, just wanted something to read if you had it handy.

I don’t see how freezing a peptide even reconstituted would harm it…….
I don't want to sound like an a****e, but "I don't see" doesn't sounds exactly scientifically, except if your eyes are super futuristic
but seriously now, it is proven that these peptides brake down when frozen, some info is here:

I don't want to sound like an a****e, but "I don't see" doesn't sounds exactly scientifically, except if your eyes are super futuristic
but seriously now, it is proven that these peptides brake down when frozen, some info is here:
Proven? Really ? Breakdown at what rate? Ok the article u posted used the word “may”… it could as easily” may not” lol there’s a whole lot of “May”in science….. it isn’t proven until it’s researched appropriately…. Then a “may” becomes “can”

They can be frozen, but only for three months is a recommendation. Cys, Met, or Trp residues are prone to oxidation That is why

Maybe...Maybe not...But I have read repeatedly that even reconstituting the peptides to vigoriously can cause it to break down some....so why risk your money by doing something completely unneeded like freezing instead of just buying smaller vial sizes for a few bucks more but still 10x + less than Rx that you can use in around a month?

Maybe...Maybe not...But I have read repeatedly that even reconstituting the peptides to vigoriously can cause it to break down some....so why risk your money by doing something completely unneeded like freezing instead of just buying smaller vial sizes for a few bucks more but still 10x + less than Rx that you can use in around a month?
I could always freeze it and send it back to the lab to be amino acid sequenced months down the road . You’re right though it is better just breakdown to smaller dried portions and freeze.

I find it really hard to believe that peptides could be damaged by shaking. When they’re raw, it is a pretty rough process going through finalization. Peptides are really small amino acid sequences they’re not long chains like proteins. But I definitely wouldn’t go crazy shaking them

I could always freeze it and send it back to the lab to be amino acid sequenced months down the road . You’re right though it is better just breakdown to smaller dried portions and freeze.

I find it really hard to believe that peptides could be damaged by shaking. When they’re raw, it is a pretty rough process going through finalization. Peptides are really small amino acid sequences they’re not long chains like proteins. But I definitely wouldn’t go crazy shaking them
you can ask janoshik for indepth explanation on peppys, or google some real specific study, I just trust what official sources say, don't freeze reconstituted peptides ... why risk it?

Yeah, another website. Janoshik said it would be OK. It’s not advised but more than likely OK. The tryptophan will
Oxidize in the tirzepatide if frozen in water that is why it is only 3 months .

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Christie1107
Back