Syringe Filter Recommendations

Chizikitide-1977

New_Member
Reaction score
Do folks have recommendations on where to buy syringe filters? I’m looking for sterile filters so .22 um or less.

I’ve noticed a lot of people don’t like Amazon syringes and BAC water. Do people have similar hang ups with syringe filters from Amazon? Obviously if there are concerns about the sterilization of the filters on Amazon that would defeat the purpose.

Unfortunately I don’t see a lot of sterile filters available on the reputable medical supply companies people recommended for syringes. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.

Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Check out this video:
I searched and only found one source for the 4mm size - and it was for 200 of them!

I wouldn't buy anything I depended on to be sterile or of quality from Amazon and see lots of experienced people saying the same thing.

I was also looking to purchase the 4mm size .22um PES sterile syringe filters and they are tough to find!

While I have NOT purchased any yet, I was able to find this source for 100 of them. They are certainly more expensive, so getting the 13mm may make more financial sense if you're needing to balace cost with the potential loss of your peptide solution due to filter absorbtion. PES Syringe Filters, 0.22um, 4mm, Luer-Lok/Luer Slip, Sterile, 100 per pack

EDIT: if anyone else has a better price for the 4mm filters, I'd love to know!

Do folks have recommendations on where to buy syringe filters? I’m looking for sterile filters so .22 um or less.
If I remember correctly, for example Semaglutide size is up to .2um, so careful with the filter size
but google up some more info first (don't take my word for granted, I didn't google it, its just from my old faulty memory)

I was also looking to purchase the 4mm size .22um PES sterile syringe filters and they are tough to find!

While I have NOT purchased any yet, I was able to find this source for 100 of them. They are certainly more expensive, so getting the 13mm may make more financial sense if you're needing to balace cost with the potential loss of your peptide solution due to filter absorbtion. PES Syringe Filters, 0.22um, 4mm, Luer-Lok/Luer Slip, Sterile, 100 per pack

from China they sell them very cheap, but im not sure how much these cheap filters can be trusted

from China they sell them very cheap, but im not sure how much these cheap filters can be trusted
I figured as much, and agree on the trust factor. I'll keep looking for domestic on the 4mm size, but they are likely sold in bulk for obvious reasons and it may be difficult to find in smaller quantities for a more reasonable price. Then again, the cost is worth it to me to have that little extra risk/harm reduction by using a filter while also minimizing product loss. For 100 sterile filters that are individually wrapped, I may see about splitting with someone I know who would also use them.

If I remember correctly, for example Semaglutide size is up to .2um, so careful with the filter size
but google up some more info first (don't take my word for granted, I didn't google it, its just from my old faulty memory)
I'm seeing reports for .1um. Also .22 would pass a .2 molecule. Any bigger than .22 is not considered sterile, which defeats the purpose.

Generaly I am not the type to ask a question like this without doing the initial research. I did some research here, but as others pointed out, these things can be hard to find.

Same site, but if you buy the 200 lot, it saves more money. If you buy 10 of the 200 lot, it saves even MORE money! 2000 filters! Filters for everyone! :ROFLMAO:

I'm seeing reports for .1um. Also .22 would pass a .2 molecule. Any bigger than .22 is not considered sterile, which defeats the purpose.

Generaly I am not the type to ask a question like this without doing the initial research. I did some research here, but as others pointed out, these things can be hard to find.
if you have some source about the glp-1 peptides size, it would be interesting if you share it
I just remember something about size up to 0.2um but im really not sure and lazy searching ... ;) anyway 0.22um should be logically enough, even maybe 0.2um OK

So I try search on the filter size for Semaglutide (others glp-1s will be similar I guess), European Medicines Agency says: "sterilising filter with ≤0.2 µm pore size"

Same site, but if you buy the 200 lot, it saves more money. If you buy 10 of the 200 lot, it saves even MORE money! 2000 filters! Filters for everyone! :ROFLMAO:
Alright, simmer down there Oprah.
1725514255990.png

if you have some source about the glp-1 peptides size, it would be interesting if you share it
I just remember something about size up to 0.2um but im really not sure and lazy searching ... ;) anyway 0.22um should be logically enough, even maybe 0.2um OK
I haven't searched for a source on every GLP-1 size, however I did find the following source on the molecular weight of Tirezepatide from the National Library of Medicine. In section 4.1. Structure and Activity, the molecular weight is noted to be 4813.45. While you cannot directly convert a peptide molecular weight to nanometers (mass vs length), its size can be estimated using calculations based on the molecular weight and assuming a globular shape based on it's amino acid chain structure.

Additional research papers I've read about GLP-1 peptides note that they are generally very small short chain amino acids (size around 1-3 nm) and those papers detail in their research their GLP-1 sample prep by filtering through a 0.22-μm filter (which is 220 nm pore size) for sterilizing the solution. The nm size difference of 220 nm vs 1-3 nm would easily allow the peptide to pass through the 0.22-μm filter.

I also found this information on why the 0.22 (or 0.2) micron size is the current standard for sterilizing fluid (reference to ASTM F838-05 noted) which was updated from the prior 0.45 micron size (thanks to Brevundimonas diminuta).

I haven't searched for a source on every GLP-1 size, however I did find the following source on the molecular weight of Tirezepatide from the National Library of Medicine. In section 4.1. Structure and Activity, the molecular weight is noted to be 4813.45. While you cannot directly convert a peptide molecular weight to nanometers (mass vs length), its size can be estimated using calculations based on the molecular weight and assuming a globular shape based on it's amino acid chain structure.

Additional research papers I've read about GLP-1 peptides note that they are generally very small short chain amino acids (size around 1-3 nm) and those papers detail in their research their GLP-1 sample prep by filtering through a 0.22-μm filter (which is 220 nm pore size) for sterilizing the solution. The nm size difference of 220 nm vs 1-3 nm would easily allow the peptide to pass through the 0.22-μm filter.

I also found this information on why the 0.22 (or 0.2) micron size is the current standard for sterilizing fluid (reference to ASTM F838-05 noted) which was updated from the prior 0.45 micron size (thanks to Brevundimonas diminuta).
yeah, as I wrote in the previous post, I found already EMA claim "≤0.2 µm pore size" is OK, I just wanted to confirm that the peptides will get thru ...

May be a stupid question - when and at what stage do you use these? Only when blending peps or even when reconstituting single peptides from BAC water?

May be a stupid question - when and at what stage do you use these? Only when blending peps or even when reconstituting single peptides from BAC water?
You would want to filter any reconstituted peptide solution prior to injecting. The purpose of doing this is to sterilize the solution prior to injecting. A 0.22 micron filter can remove bacteria, fungus, and other large particles from the liquid. However, most viruses are typically smaller and are able to pass through the filter.

I asked PepTest if there are any issues with the peptide binding to the filter and he said he plans to test.

ETA: He didn’t think binding would be an issue but he was going to test to confirm.

Last edited:
You would want to filter any reconstituted peptide solution prior to injecting. The purpose of doing this is to sterilize the solution prior to injecting. A 0.22 micron filter can remove bacteria, fungus, and other large particles from the liquid. However, most viruses are typically smaller and are able to pass through the filter.
Wait, how would you go about it for those that come in vacuum packed dry lypo vials instead of when buying in raw powder form?

Wouldn't reconstituting the vial with BAC water then using a filter to empty the reconstitution into another empty sterile vial and then using that filtered for RS injection INCREASE chances of contamination instead of reducing it?

Wait, how would you go about it for those that come in vacuum packed dry lypo vials instead of when buying in raw powder form?

Wouldn't reconstituting the vial with BAC water then using a filter to empty the reconstitution into another empty sterile vial and then using that filtered for RS injection INCREASE chances of contamination instead of reducing it?
The filter isn't used when drawing out the reconstituted liquid from the vial. It's added to the end of the luer lock syringe and then a new sterile needle added onto the filter just before injecting into a new sterile vial. The liquid passes through the filter at that point on it's way into the new sterile vial which would remove any potential bacteria.

If you have tested the sterility of your lyophilized vaccuum sealed vials, and have no other health reasons for doing it, you may not want to use a syringe filter at all. It's up to you and your own risk tolerance. It is certainly not a required step.

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Christie1107
Back