Syringes

YoYoFat

New_Member
Reaction score
I've been using the same type of syringes for reconstitution as I do for dosing. I'm wondering if y'all use different types of syringes for reconstituting versus dosing?

I use a 3ml luer lock syringe (so I can filter) with a 28g 1" or 1.5" needle to reconstitute.

I inject with .5ml or 1ml 31g syringe. If you are simply adding 1ml of bac water to your pep vial and then using it for your research I don't believe there is anything wrong with using an insulin syringe.

However, there are smarter researchers with a lot more experience than me on this site that may give you a better answer.

I use the same syringe as well, since I only use 1ml of BAC water at the moment to reconstitute, however, after I reconstitute, I don't use the same syringe to pin, I feel like it dulls it out and makes it painful to use.

I use the same syringe as well, since I only use 1ml of BAC water at the moment to reconstitute, however, after I reconstitute, I don't use the same syringe to pin, I feel like it dulls it out and makes it painful to use.
Yeah, I don't use the same syringe to dose. I just have a large supply of them and they feel comfortable in my hand, so that's what I've been using. I wondered if there was a better way, like perhaps with filtering, should I elect to do that.

Yeah, I don't use the same syringe to dose. I just have a large supply of them and they feel comfortable in my hand, so that's what I've been using. I wondered if there was a better way, like perhaps with filtering, should I elect to do that.
Its really up to you and what you're wanting to do, I personally don't filter, I feel like its to much work for me, I don't have time for that! lol, But if you want to and don't mind doing it, you can filter, you'll just need to get different needles for it, that's all!

Back