Thoughts about this claim made by a vendor

DwightTheDelight

New_Member
Reaction score
This was just posted by a vendor a few minutes ago and I wanted to get everyone's thoughts on this.

Nonsense?

Screenshot_20241024_223811_Samsung Internet.jpg

I don't freeze stuff myself and especially would never freeze something already reconstituted. I worry about crystalization damaging the product. Crystalization fucks up many things, it seems reasonable it could harm the peptides too, who knows.

A bigger concern of mine is that freezers do defrost cycles once or twice a day which temporarily raise the temperature before lowering it again. The yo-yoing of temperatures by 20-40 degrees might not be great for the product when compared to a stable near freezing refrigerator temp.

This was just posted by a vendor a few minutes ago and I wanted to get everyone's thoughts on this.

Nonsense?

View attachment 3160
Not really bull - depends on which peptide we are talking about :)

If it's frozen right after production and kept frozen, keeping it frozen is always the best option.

However, if it has been thawed - re-freezing might not be the best choice. The expected potency loss of semaglutide stored at 36-46°F is under 2% in 24months for example.

While re-freezing a thawed product could potentially cause issues with structural integrity, moisture, affecting the cake so it's difficult to reconstitute, and it could break the integrity of the vial.

So all in all, I wouldn't say it's bad advice.

But the way it's phrased bothers me, since it could be a buildup to saying that if there is an issue with the product, it's because you stored it incorrectly.

For peptides like sema, tirz and reta - they are quite stable and you almost have to try in order to significantly damage them.

So while storage conditions are important and can affect purity and potency - The manufacturing quality is equally if not more important, since that is an important factor in how stable your lyophilized product is and how easy/difficult it is to damage it.

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moonrooster
Back