What is EL’s endgame here?

It'll go like this...

They will introduce reta as their premium offering. And then keep lowering the price of tirz when you use the coupon/lilly direct if your insurance denies it. Rinse and repeat. They'll go after anyone and everyone until their patent expires.

It'll go like this...

They will introduce reta as their premium offering. And then keep lowering the price of tirz when you use the coupon/lilly direct if your insurance denies it. Rinse and repeat. They'll go after anyone and everyone until their patent expires.
I disagree. Unless cagrisema or something else challenges them, they have both of the superior drugs (a pseudomonopoly). Their greedy interest is to have BOTH tirz and Reta be very very expensive.

I disagree. Unless cagrisema or something else challenges them, they have both of the superior drugs (a pseudomonopoly). Their greedy interest is to have BOTH tirz and Reta be very very expensive.
I didnt say it would be cheap. Just that the price would lower. They can be at compound prices and people would buy the shit out of it. They've already lowered their voucher price before. There's so many glps that will flood the industry in 26/27

These branded weight loss drugs will only get significantly cheaper when there are at least 4 or 5 different options which are produced by 4 or 5 different pharmacy companies and all work about equally well for most people.

These branded weight loss drugs will only get significantly cheaper when there are at least 4 or 5 different options which are produced by 4 or 5 different pharmacy companies and all work about equally well for most people.
Bingo. And the insurance companies will continue to tighten their guidelines on what they will cover. These pharma companies know their money is coming mostly from people who want to lose weight, not those with medical conditions. They lower the cost to get vials in hands and compete. Think there's 8 glp 1s that should arrive in 26/27.

Last edited:
ELI can't keep up with demand with the product priced $600-$1400/mo.

If you were running a business and could not keep up with demand would you lower your price or raise it to moderate the demand until you are able to add production capacity? ELI is a public company that answers to shareholders and their goal will always be to maximize the return for shareholders. What I don't understand is why they have it priced so low outside of the US. Someone posted on reddit a few weeks ago that they are in Poland and the cost was like $150 and no prescription needed??

Th
The crucial question is which if any are actually good enough to challenge tirz or Reta. More sema tier drugs means EL keeps pseudo monopoly status.

Th

The crucial question is which if any are actually good enough to challenge tirz or Reta. More sema tier drugs means EL keeps pseudo monopoly status.

People are overlooking Mazdutide but that another Lilly controlled drug that won't change this dynamic at all and it won't be approved in the US for a while.

Pemvidutide and MariTide are the real outside challengers. I've already expressed my concerns about the fact that MariTide is long acting, but Pemvidutide appears to be better than Reta.

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Championshiplll842
Back