What is the other <1% made of that isnt tirz in testing? Is it still possible for it to be something we need to worry about?

zling

New_Member
Reaction score
I see the tests are all 99%+, but not 100. Still worried about what that could be.

Bonus question: just ordered from amopure. Do they give you the batch number with your order?

The 1% is probably degraded peptide or peptide fragments, nothing to worry about. However that total 100% refers to the target peptide, there is other stuff in the vial that isn’t included in a purity test. So if you had 1mg of perfectly pure tirz in a base of 100mg of cyanide, the test would show 100% purity because it isn’t looking for that cyanide.

Edit to add: the take home point is that these tests will help you know that the vendor sold you what they said they would, but it doesn’t mean it is pharma-safe. For that you need to spend pharma money. That’s the trade off we are making here, best to be clear-eyed about it.

Last edited:
The 1% is probably degraded peptide or peptide fragments, nothing to worry about. However that total 100% refers to the target peptide, there is other stuff in the vial that isn’t included in a purity test. So if you had 1mg of perfectly pure tirz in a base of 100mg of cyanide, the test would show 100% purity because it isn’t looking for that cyanide.

Edit to add: the take home point is that these tests will help you know that the vendor sold you what they said they would, but it doesn’t mean it is pharma-safe. For that you need to spend pharma money. That’s the trade off we are making here, best to be clear-eyed about it.

Thanks for this information. My assumptions were wrong this entire time.

Does anyone do the "Heavy Metals Screening"?

How much is "pharma money" out of curiosity? I'm curious on what the gap is between the two types of tests.

Do the labs disclose their error tolerances for their equipment? Or what type of equipment they're using for testing.

It all seems very "black box"

Where can I get some cyanotirz??! 🤣

How much is "pharma money" out of curiosity? I'm curious on what the gap is between the two types of tests.

Pharma money would be paying the going rate for Wegovy or Zepbound. Eli Lilly is currently offering a "savings" of $399 for 4 2.5mg vials (for 4 doses), and $549 for 4 5mg vials (for 4 doses). Their regular list price is $1,059.87 per 4 doses, generally without regard to dosing amount.

(Note that my mentioning them here does not constitute an explicit endorsement or advice to purchase, please please please do your own research before choosing)

By comparison, the first domestic result I found on Google for research tirz was $98 for a 5mg vial.

The latest price list I have from QSC shows $175+ shipping for 10 10mg vials for delivery from within the USA. If the 5mg Eli Lilly "savings" can be extended multiple months, the same amount of Zepbound would cost $2,745. If valid for only one month for 2.5mg and then 5.0mg, and presuming a step up to 7.5mg for a month and another step up to 10mg as indicated by Eli Lilly's dosing schedule, 100mg of tirz this way at the savings list price for first two months, and regular list price for months 3 and 4, would total $3,067.74.

Screenshot below from the Eli Lilly website:

1726940610967.png

Pharma money would be paying the going rate for Wegovy or Zepbound.

I obviously passed right by "pharma money".

I thought there was a more expensive test that could be ordered to fully analyze the contents of the products and reveal all the constituents.

Thanks for the explainer though on retail "pharma money" pricing. :ROFLMAO:

I'll be honest and say I was willing to pay it when I started on this path.

I obviously passed right by "pharma money".

I thought there was a more expensive test that could be ordered to fully analyze the contents of the products and reveal all the constituents.

Thanks for the explainer though on retail "pharma money" pricing. :ROFLMAO:

I'll be honest and say I was willing to pay it when I started on this path.
Well, in theory, you can send in to Janoshik and have anything he's willing to test for tested for. Pay the fees, send in enough samples, and get it done. Most people aren't testing for heavy metals or anything like that, mostly as almost no testing has come back with any signs of them. But you can test for whatever Janoshik offers, not really just limited to testing for the claimed active ingredient. I could send in a vial of semaglutide and ask Janoshik to test it for semaglutide, or tirzepatide, or heavy metals, or whatever he offers. Obviously, I want a high number of one of those and as low as possible on the rest :D . But testing isn't cheap unfortunately.

The major concern to me with a % impure isn't the % of the impurity in and of itself, it's that a lower purity % might indicate faster degradation of the active ingredient, which would be a concern especially for long-term storage. Most impurities are just degraded active ingredient, which is whatever, as even Lilly won't be immune to this.

And there's not really a problem to me on paying what Lilly charges from the consumer perspective. The drug works for a lot of users. If I could afford to drop the $1,000 a month on it, I'd probably go that direction and wouldn't be here. It's just so much less complicated than going this route. Going pharma, sourcing issues are significantly fewer, no shipping issues, no need to buy BAC water and syringes, any concerns about purity/quality so low as to be basically zero. Very few people are sending their expensive Zepbound pens to Janoshik to test purity :D but I have seen it done a couple of times floating around the internet somewhere.

But yeah ~$250 (once adding BAC water and syringes for injection) vs ~$2745 ...I know which way I'm going 🤣

So having gone down the rabbit hole a bit on testing.

Why do we care about the purity or demand > 98 percent purity of the products purchased overseas?

With the understanding that we are unable to do a cost-justifiable test to determine ALL constituents in the product, it seems like a few percent variance in purity is negligible.

Maybe I'm off base here... probably. I'm sure lots of smart people have already considered this or asked and answered the question. But given that in any given vial, we don't know what the majority of the powder actually is (binders, fillers, solubilizers).

So having gone down the rabbit hole a bit on testing.

Why do we care about the purity or demand > 98 percent purity of the products purchased overseas?

With the understanding that we are unable to do a cost-justifiable test to determine ALL constituents in the product, it seems like a few percent variance in purity is negligible.

Maybe I'm off base here... probably. I'm sure lots of smart people have already considered this or asked and answered the question. But given that in any given vial, we don't know what the majority of the powder actually is (binders, fillers, solubilizers).
Maybe purity isn’t the best word, maybe concentration of…? If I buy a vial of tirz, I wanna know that there’s as close to 100% of it in there as possibly, rather than say only 50%. The bulk of what you can see with your eyes is filler, that little cake in there.

One of those drinks at Starbucks normally takes 4 pumps of the super sweet sugary sh*t if it’s flavored. You order one, but they’ve only put in 2, you didn’t get the full drink as it was supposed to be *and* most of what you see is “filler,” milk, coffee, ice, etc.

Sorry, can you explain this more?

I thought that the tests wouldn't tell us exactly what else is in the mix, but would at least tell us if there is. If I put 50% tirz and 50% x powder, the test would show about 50% purity. Excluding my base of cyanide, of course.

\I thought that the tests wouldn't tell us exactly what else is in the mix, but would at least tell us if there is. If I put 50% tirz and 50% x powder, the test would show about 50% purity. Excluding my base of cyanide, of course.

This was my question too. I think the short answer is that the "purity" test will show you what amount of "stuff" absorbed the wavelength being detected but was not the desired target. In other words... impurities that are close to but not an exact match for the "stuff" you want.

"What is the purity result on the COA then?"

Read the text under that heading for a better explanation.

Most vials are overfilled about 5-8 percent. Seems like the wiggle room for purity, or concentration is relatively insignificant given the overfill. Assuming > 95 percent purity and > 5 percent overfill.

Maybe we're just overthinking it and should continue to routinely test for purity.

I did read a message that someone was shipped a different product than expected. I should go find that message to see how they were able to determine what the actual product was in the vial if it didn't match the label.

One of those drinks at Starbucks normally takes 4 pumps of the super sweet sugary sh*t if it’s flavored. You order one, but they’ve only put in 2, you didn’t get the full drink as it was supposed to be *and* most of what you see is “filler,” milk, coffee, ice, etc.

At least when you buy from Starbucks, their QA/QC ensures that no matter what location you buy your coffee from, you can be assured that the "filler" is actually milk, coffee, and ice.

When you go to that trailer in the parking lot with a shingle on it stating "New Coffee Stand", you can only hope the "filler" is milk, coffee, and ice. The report shows they put 4 pumps of your super sweet syrup in the cup. But we can only hope that the filler is what we expect. Since in the case of peptides we cannot rely on our senses to determine what is in the cup outside of 4 pumps of your favorite syrup.

Pumpkin spice anyone?

Trending content

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SetSetSet
Back