Breastfeeding

SLZRdad

New_Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, my wife is curious about trying Tirz, but we agreed to wait after she finishes breastfeeding. Do any of you have experience with this while breastfeeding or shortly after giving birth?

I remember reading it's not recommended and not been tested (probably unethical to do so). It could pass through the milk and make the baby not want to eat as much.

Edit to add: you also need around 500+ calories to produce milk everyday and need to stay hydrated. It could be hard to drink enough water and eat enough to make milk.

Congrats! I’m a brand-new member but a mom of three. There’s so little info out there about the safety of drugs with breastfeeding because Pharma has zero incentive to test.

Although I’m long since done nursing so I don’t have personal experience combining the two, I’d say hold off going on the tirz. First, nursing is so healthy not only for baby but for you — it decreases your breast cancer risk, for example. Second, you don’t want to deal with side effects like nausea and fatigue while caring for a baby (and two older kids). Finally, you are not at all old and have plenty of time! I had my third at 39.

Congrats! I’m a brand-new member but a mom of three. There’s so little info out there about the safety of drugs with breastfeeding because Pharma has zero incentive to test.

Although I’m long since done nursing so I don’t have personal experience combining the two, I’d say hold off going on the tirz. First, nursing is so healthy not only for baby but for you — it decreases your breast cancer risk, for example. Second, you don’t want to deal with side effects like nausea and fatigue while caring for a baby (and two older kids). Finally, you are not at all old and have plenty of time! I had my third at 39.
39 is probably about the time #3 will come for us!
Thanks for your input

Hey guys, my wife is curious about trying Tirz, but we agreed to wait after she finishes breastfeeding. Do any of you have experience with this while breastfeeding or shortly after giving birth?
I’m a retired labor and delivery nurse , the answer No. Losing weight is not worth the harm it may cause your baby. If she wants to lose weight more than the benefits of breastfeeding, she should stop breastfeeding. Period.

I’m literally screaming in my head at the question alone.

I’m a retired labor and delivery nurse , the answer No. Losing weight is not worth the harm it may cause your baby. If she wants to lose weight more than the benefits of breastfeeding, she should stop breastfeeding. Period.

I’m literally screaming in my head at the question alone.
Amen, sister. I'm not an L&D nurse, (I am an ICU nurse) but I nursed for years. I would have never even considered injecting questionable substances into my body while being a source of food for my baby. It's one thing to do it to myself, but a whole different ballgame when involving an infant. I agree that if she wants to lose weight that badly, she needs to stop breastfeeding. The risk is not worth it.

I totally get her desire to lose the weight but I think your original decision to wait is a very wise one. From a now grandma, those beginning wonderful years go sooooo quickly. I know it seems like a long time during it but relax and have her enjoy this so fleeting time. She can start up in a year after the breastfeeding time is over.

As others have said, while she’s still breastfeeding, it’s better to focus on getting enough water and calories to support her during this time. After that, she’s good to go with tirz

Trending content

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jameslescroc
Back