China Based Chemical Companies Indicted for Alleged Fentanyl Manufacturing and Distribution

If what the rep from SRY said about their company structure is true, there's no reason to believe the Peptide division knew what the chemicals division was up to. Anyone whose worked for a large enough company can tell you that at some point businesses get too big for that kind of transparency.

HOWEVER, there is absolutely no way this company was selling a fentanyl precursor after direct fentanyl production was made illegal on accident. They knew exactly what and who it was for. Why else would they ask for payment in Bitcoin? Is that how Eli Lilly pays their manufacturers?
i'm not denying anything about them selling a fentanyl synthetic. idk if the whole company knew about it, just the particular division, or just a few rogue opportunistic employees looking to offload a recently outlawed precursor and decided to text an undercover agent back 6 months later to do so. i just think "they" needs to be clarified a bit, because as you've stated, anyone that works at a large company understands how things can be very different from department to department.

edit: and as it selfishly related to me, i'm most concerned about quality control. i feel much more at ease now knowing that the 3 departments are exist in different cities with presumably different, completely separate lab/production equipment.

This whole thing is disturbing because SRY knew they were facing this but didn't mention it (not surprised but still) and let customers continue to order. I doubt there was any risk of contamination however I wouldn't want my name/address on some list of buying from them because the government may not know what exactly you were buying and assuming it was precursors.

I know QSC said specifically that is not something they get involved in but I'm not sure about other companies. At least with this I guess you know SRY is a true manufacturer and not just a reseller pretending to have a lab.

edit: and as it selfishly related to me, i'm most concerned about quality control. i feel much more at ease now knowing that the 3 departments are exist in different cities with presumably different, completely separate lab/production equipment.
That's what the fentanyl dealer told you, who doesn't want to impact his peptide sales. Just saying..

I'm honestly just in shock anyone is surprised by this.

Like I knew what grey meant before I bought? Once I was out of high school every weed dealer I knew was also selling other stuff. Guy I dated for a few months had an entire wall of shelves of product. It's kind of par for the course when you're dealing with grey market and illegal things.

Did people not know what they were getting into? I don't even trust test results, I have no guarantee the vial I bought came from the same batch sent in for testing anyway.

Like I knew what grey meant before I bought? Once I was out of high school every weed dealer I knew was also selling other stuff. Guy I dated for a few months had an entire wall of shelves of product. It's kind of par for the course when you're dealing with grey market and illegal things.

Did people not know what they were getting into? I don't even trust test results, I have no guarantee the vial I bought came from the same batch sent in for testing anyway.

Grey market =/= Black market.

We're buying stuff we're not supposed to have from people who aren't supposed to sell it, but no one is going to jail over this. Even the lawsuits Lilly has filed against peptide sellers are CIVIL disputes between two private businesses. However those shake out, no one is going to jail.

There is a reason we can get FDA approved labs who wouldn't be caught dead with actual drugs to do our testing.

That's what the fentanyl dealer told you. Just saying..
While I agree with your issues with this vendor from a moral perspective, I actually do believe that there is likely a fair degree of separation between the facilities. Like you, I don't trust this vendor as far as I can throw them, but based an my totally amateur understanding of how peptides are made, I just find it unlikely they would share space with the facilities used for production of the fentanyl precursors. Again, total amateur here, and I don't trust these guys, but I doubt that those who bought from them are in danger of getting peptides contaminated with opioids.

I don't think it's fair to say they don't have issues with quality control though. Lots of underfills, forged tests, reps dumping bunk products, probably some stuff i missed too. More than enough issues to stay away from, even if your odds of getting fentanyl spiked peptides are low.

Would you still have dated the guy of he got caught selling fentanyl? Or just figured it was on par for the course?

Grey market =/= Black market.

We're buying stuff we're not supposed to have from people who aren't supposed to sell it, but no one is going to jail over this. Even the lawsuits Lilly has filed against peptide sellers are CIVIL disputes between two private businesses. However those shake out, no one is going to jail.

There is a reason we can get FDA approved labs who wouldn't be caught dead with actual drugs to do our testing.
I think it's silly to believe they don't have their hands in many baskets.

Again, they were selling something that had been legal only two weeks before. Legality is fluid based on which companies are paying which lawmakers.

Would you still have dated the guy of he got caught selling fentanyl? Or just figured it was on par for the course?
No, I wouldn't have. I also wouldn't have been surprised hence why it was only a few months. I peaced out when I realized how sketchy he was.

I won't buy from places selling this kind of thing. But I'm also not surprised to find out they WERE.

No, I wouldn't have. I also wouldn't have been surprised hence why it was only a few months. I peaced out when I realized how sketchy he was.

I won't buy from places selling this kind of thing. But I'm also not surprised to find out they WERE.
I think they ought to axed from the vendor list, just saying.. We can suspect that maybe other suppliers *might* be involved in this trade.. but when credible allegations surface, why bother supporting these scum at all... even if they claim it was a different department???

I mean... Maybe pin a disclaimer or something on their page. People are grown-ups and can make their own decisions.

Guilty before a verdict is not a good look.

I think it's silly to believe they don't have their hands in many baskets.

Again, they were selling something that had been legal only two weeks before. Legality is fluid based on which companies are paying which lawmakers.

Having your hands in many baskets is not the same
as selling illegal drugs or the precursors to making those drugs.

Are all the US vendors selling Tirz secretly selling cocaine too? @Bacchus, do we need to call the feds?

I think they ought to axed from the vendor list, just saying.. We can suspect that maybe other suppliers *might* be involved in this trade.. but when credible allegations surface, why bother supporting these scum at all... even if they claim it was a different department???
I wouldn't buy from them personally and wouldn't want to knowingly support a company helping to keep the opioid crisis a crisis. I see OD's all the time. It's really fucking sad.

I don't know what stance mods here would take, I get the impression it's very do-your-own-research to make an educated decision.

Back