CNBC's "Ozempic underworld: Inside the black market of obesity drugs"

Well said, you deserve a prize.

Sorry, you are basically saying the downside of losing weight is becoming more attractive to the opposite sex, and thus your life becomes more dangerous because you are now considered attractive to the opposite sex and all the creeps and rapists are now out to get you? Sheesh..
That’s exactly what we are saying that we have experienced. Do you, as a man, require more clarification about how dangerous your gender is to women? Maybe ask the women in your life how often they’ve had danger signals raise their hair bc men are doing weird stuff like parking next to them in an empty carpark or following them around the store trying to make convo despite ignoring them. Etc etc etc. Most of us women here will have had a long period of “being slim enough to be conventionally attractive” and then being fat. The risks go way down being fat. It’s almost comforting and it’s actually a common thing for women who were sexually assaulted to turn to overeating and find safety in their fatness.

That’s exactly what we are saying that we have experienced. Do you, as a man, require more clarification about how dangerous your gender is to women? Maybe ask the women in your life how often they’ve had danger signals raise their hair bc men are doing weird stuff like parking next to them in an empty carpark or following them around the store trying to make convo despite ignoring them. Etc etc etc. Most of us women here will have had a long period of “being slim enough to be conventionally attractive” and then being fat. The risks go way down being fat. It’s almost comforting and it’s actually a common thing for women who were sexually assaulted to turn to overeating and find safety in their fatness.
I have a feeling logic won't work with this one. He thought my post about harassment somehow equated to men getting laid and that speaks volumes.

Believe it or not there are creepy stalker women as well. OK, so you are saying that in many ways you prefer to be fat and unattractive, and men are dangerous to attractive women. OK, I'm checking out of this conversation as I seem to have inadvertently triggered a couple of you.
Jesus fucking christ, where's your reading comprehension? Did I say anywhere that women can't harass men? We are simply stating fact, that we feel safer in public when we aren't considered conventionally attractive. I still have to deal with that kind of behavior even as a fat woman, just not with the same frequency as when I was thin. "Inadvertently" You fucking knew what kind of reaction your last comment would get. Inadvertent my ass.

Last edited:
Jesus fucking christ, where's your reading comprehension? We are simply stating fact, that we feel safer in public when we aren't considered conventionally attractive. "Inadvertently" You fucking knew what kind of reaction your last comment would get. Inadvertent my ass.

On a somewhat similar note but completely relevant. And at the risk of triggering someone reading this.

If I were a woman in today's society. I would be proficient and confident in concealed carry. This would mean the confidence to carry a loaded (chambered) weapon on my person. The ability to handle the weapon (lock, secure, transfer) safely. Lots of range practice with someone who can properly train me on safety, and how to put my shots on target reliably at different distances. Etc etc etc.

I grew up with my mom (single mother) who was constantly harassed by strangers. It might have been a different world back then, and she certainly didn't make attempts to blend in. She did carry some form of mace.

That might be another option. Bear spray.

This is one of the things I'm looking forward to about losing some more weight. Is wearing clothing where concealed carry is more comfortable.

And I'm a man....

There's crazy people everywhere.

How about we stop talking about how dangerous OUR gender is to women and point the finger at the VERY few men that are absolute scumbags?

I hope you are able find healing but I take significant issue with this "all men are evil" conversation. I, and I'd venture a VAST majority of my gender are just trying to get through our lives like you are.

On a somewhat similar note but completely relevant. And at the risk of triggering someone reading this.

If I were a woman in today's society. I would be proficient and confident in concealed carry. This would mean the confidence to carry a loaded (chambered) weapon on my person. The ability to handle the weapon (lock, secure, transfer) safely. Lots of range practice with someone who can properly train me on safety, and how to put my shots on target reliably at different distances. Etc etc etc.

I grew up with my mom (single mother) who was constantly harassed by strangers. It might have been a different world back then, and she certainly didn't make attempts to blend in. She did carry some form of mace.

That might be another option. Bear spray.

This is one of the things I'm looking forward to about losing some more weight. Is wearing clothing where concealed carry is more comfortable.

And I'm a man....

There's crazy people everywhere.
Absolutely. I've been wanting to do all of this once it fits in my budget, especially since I live in a major city in a somewhat iffy part of town.

How about we stop talking about how dangerous OUR gender is to women and point the finger at the VERY few men that are absolute scumbags?

I hope you are able find healing but I take significant issue with this "all men are evil" conversation. I, and I'd venture a VAST majority of my gender are just trying to get through our lives like you are.
Nobody said it was all men, but it's enough men to make most women feel this way. If it were just a very few, why do we have SO MANY personal stories like this? We didn't just make this shit up, this is coming from our lived experiences. Maybe it would be less of a problem if more of the good men called out the bad actors instead of making excuses and minimizing the problem.

Nobody said it was all men, but it's enough men to make most women feel this way. If it were just a very few, why do we have SO MANY personal stories like this? Maybe it would be less of a problem if more of the good men called out the bad actors instead of making excuses and minimizing the problem.

Yeah, because there's no lack of men standing up and putting themselves in danger for women. What would you precisely like us to do for you?

The statement I'm responding to is "Do you, as a man, require more clarification about how dangerous your gender is to women?"

Yes, there's evil PEOPLE out there but when we're you guaranteed safety at all times? How many is "enough" men? There's 170ish million men in America. How many of us do you think are in this group?

I wish you were safe everywhere you went, but that's a pipe dream for both genders.

Yeah, because there's no lack of men standing up and putting themselves in danger for women. What would you precisely like us to do for you?

The statement I'm responding to is "Do you, as a man, require more clarification about how dangerous your gender is to women?"

Yes, there's evil PEOPLE out there but when we're you guaranteed safety at all times? How many is enough men? There's 170ish million men in America. How many of us do you think are in this group?

I wish you were safe everywhere you went, but that's a pipe dream for both genders.
I didn't say anyone had to put themselves in danger. It can be as simple as calling out a friend for acting inappropriately. Yes, there are monsters everywhere, but when the statistics show that 91% of sexual assault victims are women, we have good reason to fear for our safety.

I didn't say anyone had to put themselves in danger. It can be as simple as calling out a friend for acting inappropriately. Yes, there are monsters everywhere, but when the statistics show that 91% of sexual assault victims are women, we have good reason to fear for our safety.
Statistics can be wrong. "Only 1,134 men reported attacks -- roughly 13 percent of those attacked. With women, 39 percent reported attacks. So about 87 percent of men attacked are not reporting it and “these are real men in real pain,” Hopper said. The pain is compounded by shame."

Statistics can be wrong. "Only 1,134 men reported attacks -- roughly 13 percent of those attacked. With women, 39 percent reported attacks. So about 87 percent of men attacked are not reporting it and “these are real men in real pain,” Hopper said. The pain is compounded by shame."

You left this part out:

“Most people who sexually assault adult men are heterosexuals,” Hopper said. “And those same heterosexual men who are assaulting men are often the same men assaulting women.”

I never said men couldn't be victims.

Believe it or not there are creepy stalker women as well. OK, so you are saying that in many ways you prefer to be fat and unattractive, and men are dangerous to attractive women. OK, I'm checking out of this conversation as I seem to have inadvertently triggered a couple of you.

This conversation isn't productive anymore and should probably stop here. @moonpies4misfits made some honest observations about her actual experiences without the intent to malign anyone or make negative generalizations about men. That wasn't understood or well received (which happens) so there is no point in continuing to argue it.

We're not in any disagreement here on sexual assault statistics, but what's the overall number of sexual assaults vs. men in the US? I think you'll find that the vast majority of men are busy being decent members of society. The thing I disagree with is the over generalizations in this thread.

And here we go again "In my experience, a lot of the men that other men think are good men, are not good men." I agree, we're all evil!

We're not in any disagreement here on sexual assault statistics, but what's the overall number of sexual assaults vs. men in the US? I think you'll find that the vast majority of men are busy being decent members of society. The thing I disagree with is the over generalizations in this thread.

And here we go again "In my experience, a lot of the men that other men think are good men, are not good men." I agree, we're all evil!
I didn’t say all, I said, “a lot.” Interesting that you put yourself in that category. I didn’t.

This conversation isn't productive anymore and should probably stop here. @moonpies4misfits made some honest observations about her actual experiences without the intent to malign anyone or make negative generalizations about men. That wasn't understood or well received (which happens) so there is no point in continuing to argue it.

But my experiences are irrelevant. OK!

Back